Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Warranty void if removed

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Warranty void if removed
November 25, 2018 12:48AM
See this kind of sticker? I remember on on my Minelab SDC 2300. turns out that they are illegal in the US - I sent the link to Minelab just now

[www.ftc.gov]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Warranty void if removed
November 25, 2018 02:18AM
Nox has label on them-control, and coils.
Warranty void If removed.

This label also has serial number to unit.
So if removed how does say Minelab verify unit is warrantied.

Obviously they could remove the wording I stated above and leave serial number intact.

Think I saw this on gpx coils too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2018 02:44AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 25, 2018 02:32AM
Good point. A proper record of sale should have the relevant S/N’s on it

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 25, 2018 01:26PM
I was told by my dealer i only needed to fill out warranty for the BOX and i was good...... told the same by ML. If you notice the coil and box dont have the same S/N. Also, the one on my coil is already starting to fade because of sun and salt water. Ive also notice a few have painted their coils so they could see them in the water better. Serves no purpose if you cant see the S/N.
November 25, 2018 07:42PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2018 07:46PM by silverhound.
November 26, 2018 08:12PM
Silverhound, your post is now out of warranty.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 27, 2018 12:57AM
Warranty is always determined by the applicable law plus the written warranty, with the law trumping. Often, limitations the manufacturer writes into the written warranty or puts on labels are void under the laws of the state where the product is sold. Of course, a wise manufacturer should go even a bit further than it has to, in the interests of a good reputation and keeping customers happy with its product line.