Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Relic Hunter Dies From Civil War Cannonball

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Relic Hunter Dies From Civil War Cannonball
June 25, 2019 02:31AM
Tragic story, you just can’t ever be to careful with that old ordinance....

[www.nbcnews.com]
Re: Relic Hunter Dies From Civil War Cannonball
June 25, 2019 04:18AM
Wow.

It's amazing to think that a war from 140 years ago can still be killing people today.
June 25, 2019 02:45PM
This has happened before. I would leave them things be myself. I will just take the buttons and plates.
June 25, 2019 03:40PM
Yeah happens every now and again.

Used to know a guy up in North Georgia Mtns.Blew one up drilling it and didnt kill him but messed his mind up somewhat and left some crippling too.

Lived in a trailer park type area and looked like a tornado hit the area after the explosion.

Those things are dangerous.that's why I dont hunt them intentionally .

Thank's for link Aaron

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 26, 2019 01:36PM
Having found around 150 shells/cannonballs they are my passion,BUT I never attempted to disarm one--had a PhD that luved to do them.He would always save a bit of black powder from each one and EVERY sample would go "POOOOOF" when a match was stuck to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2019 01:38PM by doc holiday.
June 26, 2019 02:51PM
A lesson well and truly worth remembering; even if the event happened 11 years ago, reminders are always a good thing..

Micheal
OBN
June 26, 2019 03:30PM
Very sad for sure....I often worry about live bullets I find from time to time...in the water..

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110