Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

is it time for an XP pulse machine ?

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
is it time for an XP pulse machine ?
December 05, 2018 01:20PM
they have the deus pretty much nailed and followed up with the ORX machine .but maybe they should consider a PI in a modular format with wifi parts to keep the weight down? what dya think? otherwise i cant see any new XP products on the horizon
Re: is it time for an XP pulse machine ?
December 05, 2018 01:28PM
PI's are usually, though not always, power-hungry machines, which makes the concept of having a battery inside the coil a problem.
Plus, it would have to be a top-end performer, there's no point manufacturing a basic 'Surfmaster' with cordless technology at a high price.
December 05, 2018 02:29PM
they do have the other machines with a coil cable so that maybe have to be used instead of coil battery
December 05, 2018 02:53PM
You mean the small coils, with the battery located in the lower shaft? There's certainly room in the shaft for a bigger battery.
I also wonder if PI's are less tolerant of stuff near them, like a battery and electronics board. So perhaps the in-shaft location is the best place for that reason too.
December 05, 2018 03:43PM
Xp better be on the multi freq VLF trail vs the PI trail.
And be on the waterproof detector trail too.
December 05, 2018 04:31PM
Nope. Time for a concentric coil.
December 05, 2018 09:04PM
I agree where are the concentric???????!!!!!!!!!!!

RR
December 06, 2018 11:21AM
i was thinking of the xp gold max power and gmaxx2 machines which have wired in coils and rechargeable batteries in the control box..not sure if these are available stateside,,but theye have cf stems
December 06, 2018 12:12PM
Probably not a big enough market too warranty the expense of producing such a machine,when other established concerns are all ready geared up and producing Pulse machines,i will admit a Concentric coil would be nice,but saying that it may not be possible to make one for the Deus,T2 dont have concentric coils so possible similar reason,also a smaller coil would be most welcome ie in the 6'' coil size,but then you start entering possible problems of installing all the electronics into such a small coil,the battery power obviously can be relocated back into the stem.
December 06, 2018 12:20PM
MF and concentric before PI I would think. Soon, I hope.

Batteries have come a long way. Many of us who swing PI units (GPXs) in the gold fields have gone to a LiPo battery system that is very light and much smaller than the old motorcycle battery that came stock. Still, it won't fit in to a shaft or coil (about as big as two packs of cigarettes stuck together end to end) but getting smaller every year.

Dean