Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coils for Anfibio

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coils for Anfibio
December 06, 2018 01:45AM
Just purchased the Nokta Anfibio. I know it comes with the standard 11 inch coil. I ordered the 13.7 x 13 inch coil to get some extra depth and coverage. What I’m wanting now is a smaller coil for more unmasking in iron and trashy sites yet still get some good depth. So many smaller coils to pick from. Anyone have any recommendations plus should I go DD or concentric? I am a coin hunter and most places I hunt are homesites, parks, old schools, fairgrounds, golf courses and fields. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Coils for Anfibio
December 06, 2018 01:50AM
I got the 9 concentric...
December 06, 2018 02:30AM
Monte (and many others) like the 7 inch concentric.
December 06, 2018 04:19AM
I have the stock, 5x9 dd, 7” concentric, and 4x7” dd Coil.
They all work.
Sneakiest is 4x7” dd Coil.
I rate highly and is akin to Deus wearing elliptical Hf coil.
These 2 coils are dangerous in pounded site with heavy iron and junk!
Patience is required to use and finds numbers limited, but I like what I have unearthed using. Knowing the actual detecting history (myself).of the actual sites.

I like 7”concentric but in areas with higher sink rates I think smaller dd coils better choice.

Have no experience with 9”concentric or the monster DD Coil.

Imo a person should consider what detectors and coils they already have.
For example the EQX wearing 6” coil is more close to Anfibio and 5x9” dd Coil, so my thinking is 4x7” opens up your detecting capabilities more.
Same would go for 7” concentric vs EQX wearing 6”coil, where as imo 9” concentric on Anfibio would open up your detecting capabilities moreso.

Like paintbrushes.
Have different coils with detectors to cover gaps not overlap necessarily.
Unless of course you are flush with cash, the. Just buy all and hunt away using.

Naturally no absolutes. Loads of actual nonferous/coin with ferrous and junk detecting scenarios out there.
Hope this helps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 04:26AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 06, 2018 11:14AM
Monte said that he finds the round 5" DD coil is better overall than the 4x7". But, then some love the 4x7" because of its shape and can be used in areas that the 5" can't squeeze into.
I will be having the 9" concentric coil coming in and will compare it to the 7". Still interested in getting the 5"DD.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 06, 2018 11:28AM
Mccrorysjewelry2
Just purchased the Nokta Anfibio.
Congratulations! The Anfibio Multi is, in my opinion, the best multi-frequency models out there that is fully waterproof.

Mccrorysjewelry2
I know it comes with the standard 11 inch coil. I ordered the 13.7 x 13 inch coil to get some extra depth and coverage.
That bigger coil can improve depth ... mainly for bigger-size targets. There might not be much gain in detection depth for smaller, coin-sized targets especially when the stock coil isa round 11" DD. Remember too that only a few of the sites you hunt might allow a gain indetection depth because very littered sites impede that performance.

Mccrorysjewelry2
What I’m wanting now is a smaller coil for more unmasking in iron and trashy sites yet still get some good depth.
My personal opinion regarding search coils for the Anfibio series is this:

For all around general purpose performance I feel three (3) coils is all you need.

The standard 11" DD works quite well for more open areas with trash targets more spread out. Plowed fields, beaches and places like that.

The absolute best smaller-size coil to handle very dense contaminated iron nail sites in the round 5" DD.

To keep mounted basically full-time for almost any Coin Hunting, Jewelry Hunting or Relic Hunting need ... the round 7" Concentric coil is by far the best!

Mccrorysjewelry2
So many smaller coils to pick from. Anyone have any recommendations plus should I go DD or concentric?
The Nokta-Makro website shows all the available search coils they offer, and I personally prefer to use a search coil that is produced by the detector manufacturer. If they can make a terrific coil, then I don't know how they could expect to make a terrific detector when using their coil in the design process. They offer two search coils that I consider to be 'mid-sized' coils compared with the standard 11" DD. Those two are the round 7" Concentric and the other is the open-frame elliptical 5X9½ DD. I have the 5X9½ on my Nokta CoRe and also one on my Nokta Relic, but for the Anfibio I feel the round 7" Concentric is the better mid-size, general purpose search coil.

They also offer two smaller-size search coils that are both Double-D design. The 4X7½ elliptical and the round 5". I had the 4X7½ DD to use on the Impact and Multi-Kruzer and felt it made an OK search coils for typical day-to-day searches in somewhat busier or trashier sites. But a couple of us evaluated in in a challenging nail contaminated test scenario and it failed terribly compared with a Tesoro w/6" Concentric or 7" Concentric or 8" Concentric. It also didn't match a White's modified Classic ID with 5½" Concentric Ferret or 6½" Concentric. Then we compared the 4X7½ against the 'OOR' DD on a Nokta CoRe and Makro Racer and Racer 2, and the round 5" DD on a Nokta Relic and a 5" on an original Racer and a Racer 2. All of those detector and coil combinations easily put the 4X7½ to shame. Just too many iron nails too close to the 1¢ test coin.

Mccrorysjewelry2
I am a coin hunter and most places I hunt are homesites, parks, old schools, fairgrounds, golf courses and fields. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
A nice range of different sites to Coin Hunt, and most all would be handled by the 7" Concentric, and a few of those might call for the use of the smaller 5" DD and the larger 13.7X13 you ordered.

Just my experienced opinions,

Monte
December 06, 2018 03:02PM
Thank you everyone for your help and opinions. You have given me a lot to think about. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Thanks
December 06, 2018 08:32PM
I ordered the 7" concentric last week, I hope it gets here by the weekend because this weekend I'm planning to do a mini-roadtrip and revisit some old sites to test both my EQ800 and MMK. I also ordered the 15" Equinox coil, that arrived in a couple of days. I'm impressed by how light it is and have been impressed by fellow relic hunters posting that it seems to be every bit as good as the stock 11" coil in mild iron, but with better depth (as expected) and it really bangs in on conductors. Really looking forward to see what this one will do.

I have several tests I will try with both detectors. The MMK w/7" concentric will be tested in some heavy iron at an old Spanish outpost site that I've had some success at before. Also will test the EQ800 with the stock coil there to see what it can do in the less iron infested areas of the site, as I've already discovered that the EQ isn't the ultimate at heavy iron. At another site with an expansive spread of influence I plan to test the 15" Equinox coil and see how that works out. The site itself is getting worked out, but it's still porking out a few finds, perhaps the Equinox will bring it back to life.

I'm hoping to do some videos, but don't expect A/B comparisons, it's going to be hunt videos, I may wave my coil over the target 1000 times, and there may or may not be detector audio. I have limited time to detect so it'll be what it'll be eye popping smiley
December 06, 2018 09:03PM

Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...........I'm hoping to do some videos, but don't expect A/B
> comparisons, it's going to be hunt videos, I may w
> ave my coil over the target 1000 times, and there
> may or may not be detector audio. I have limited
> time to detect so it'll be what it'll be eye popping smiley

Looking forward to the info! Good skill out there!!
Peter

What was once impossible..... is now easy and obvious. BUT.......... if : You don't know...what you don't know........ it continues to appear/look impossible.
-Thomas Dankowski
December 06, 2018 09:04PM
Try comparing the 6" coil the Equinox.
December 06, 2018 11:06PM
I currently have the stock KR28 and the 7" concentric for my Mult Kruzer. I'll probably stick with my Kruzer as I don't see any compelling reason to get the Anfibio. I'll probably wait for the rumored simultaneous MF machine. I really like the 7" on that Kruzer. It gets a lot of use. However I'd like to try a larger coil for the very open areas. The question is: AF28 stock Anfibio coil, AF35, or the big KR40? Suggestions?
Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 02:09AM by dgerst.
December 08, 2018 12:30AM
I found the 7 inch do get deeper in the soil and unmask at depth better than the five...I like the five on the first say 4 inches in heravy iron but if the nails are more spradic like maybe 1 or tow a foot of sweep the 7 is stellar..

If I was buying my first coil to compliment the stock it would be the 7... different peeking than DD..still big enough to be deep but small enough to dissect.

it may be all you need according to sites...the tones blend so well it takes up alot of slack for when precision is needed in smaller dd coils on units that dont blend to offer separation accuracy..

Kevin I havent forgot about you I'm working on a reply tonight!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Coils for Anfibio The Holy Trinity 11" 7" & 5"
December 11, 2018 05:05AM
The three to cover most all bases.