Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Early run hot 1266s?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Early run hot 1266s?
December 08, 2018 03:03PM
Is there anyway other than white coil to tell a Hot early run 1266x with the twin stacked circuit boards?
Have heard from a few people these were hotter than later run? Anyone else find this to be true? Maybe a serial number or something to tell if it is a Hot one?
Thanks.
Re: Early run hot 1266s?
December 08, 2018 03:15PM
Some info, maybe doesn’t answer your question.
[www.findmall.com]

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

[www.njminerals.org]

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 03:30PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 08, 2018 04:06PM
Thanks, as it seems the 11500 and lower are the Hotter Double Stacked ones?
December 08, 2018 08:14PM
Here’s something Dave J. Wrote about his machine, the 1266 recently

It had good sensitivity to deep coins in low mineral ground. Otherwise not so great.

The fan club comprises users who are looking for deep stuff in non-trashy areas, and who spent a long time learning its language. For those folks, the 1266 advantage is that it has great potential depth, and the challenge is to get that depth out of it. A machine that doesn't have that kind of depth to begin with, there's nothing you can do to give it that depth.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 08, 2018 08:55PM
LOL Dave bashing his own machine. He obviously didn't get out and use it detecting. I have found the deepest relics and silver coins I've got in my detecting collection swinging a 1266x.
December 08, 2018 09:29PM
Dave wasn’t bashing the machine - he was putting its performance in perspective with current technology, now a couple of decades after the 1266’s design

he was probably talking about you in fact - in a complementary way in fact.

“The fan club comprises users who are looking for deep stuff in non-trashy areas, and who spent a long time learning its language. For those folks, the 1266 advantage is that it has great potential depth, and the challenge is to get that depth out of it.”

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 09:36PM by lytle78.
December 08, 2018 09:41PM
Serial # would be the only way I know of checking..
Duel board is definitely hotter than the single board 1266's..
hh joe
December 08, 2018 09:42PM
I see what he's saying. I definitely knew and mastered the 1266x I had many many hours with that detector.
December 13, 2018 12:17AM
Seems when they went to that flat sided white lower rod instead of spring clip for height adjustment that may be when they went to new board.

That's was along time ago but remember some changes at that time period.The flat sided lower white rod had the black coil already in production by then ..I think some white round lower poles had the black coil with dual boards . ..the Flat sided lower rod was in like 96-97 I think and short lived and that's about when the board changes were.

after that they went back to round lower rods black and spring clips.

If its black rod black coil there all single boards I believe.Unless they have been changed out over the years by users own merit.

But a original white coil is a good bet and white lower rods and black coils unless changed is a good bet.

all of them are pretty noisy on disc'd out items though.the original Bleedy filter design!

The 1266 got the deep seeker reputation because the disc only worked to about about 7 inches or so then everything broke through..Good relic unit for the day.get rid of surface nails decently and dig about everything deep to a foot or so.You could learn the language somewhat on SOME deep nails but most all the other stuff of iron or not was dug.Yu learned the roundness of the beep more than basing to dig or not on any beep.

The 1266 I loved it back in the day but you dug alot of deep non desirable's.

10.5 coil on it and in right dirt I could put a hurting on 14 inch minne balls in open battlefields all day.

I liked that little 4 inch coil in heavy iron and sens turned down.it may see about 4 inches but in house sites at that time period it jumped on alot non ferrous using that setup.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 13, 2018 05:14AM
Keith, were you ever a user of the 1270?
If so how does it compare with the 1236, 1266, & 1265?
Thanks,
Drew.
December 13, 2018 07:48AM
Mine loved digging 12 inch deep plow points and cooking pot parts. Yikes.
December 14, 2018 03:59AM
It could have just as well been a cannon ball or another awesome iron relic though Tex. I didn't mind digging the big iron due to that.