Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got permission!!!

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got permission!!!
August 11, 2008 10:40PM
I've been researching ownership of an old site.A ranch headquarters,I finally found out who owned it and got permission to detect it.The old place is at least a mile off the road.It has never had electricity at this site.It has had a herd of Black Angus manicuring the grass around it for at least a month.The trail in to this place is not visible.I'm real excited.The place is real hard to see from any road.The guy that owned it is rumored to be"an old grouch".Several people told me don't bother to ask him.He was real polite said there'd be no problem with detecting there.Saturday,starting early there will be a CZ 70 and F-75 hunt there.I find getting permission is easy once you can find out who owns it.The plat book is not much help.It will list a farm/ranch corporation name that nobody has heard of.If the wind is right you can smell silver when you drive by.Bill
Re: Got permission!!!
August 12, 2008 01:04AM
Good luck Bill. I hope you find a ton of silver AND gold there. TMAN...
August 12, 2008 01:49AM
Bill,
Might consider a coil bigger than a stock. I know if the cattle have been in there off and on over the years a lot of times they will have a tendency to push targets deeper in the ground, especially when the ground is soft after a rain, or when ground thawa in spring. ( in my state anyway ) Just a thought. Mike
August 12, 2008 03:26AM
KOOL!..love to bottle that smell and dump it on every site i hunt!.should be interesting as hell!..good luck!