Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F-75 do I need an CZ-3D

Posted by rqlt29a 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F-75 do I need an CZ-3D
August 11, 2008 11:45PM
I have an F-75 do I need a CZ-3D or can the F-75 do everything the 3D can do?
I hunt 10% beach 30% relic 60% old parks and houses.
Thank you
Jim
Re: F-75 do I need an CZ-3D
August 12, 2008 01:45PM
Never used an F75 but doubt if its as good on saltwater beaches as a CZ3D...
CZ3D is a deep seeking slow unit that is user friendly and is setup to be two units in one, basically for older and newer places with the switch of a toggle.
Most dedicated detectorists own more than one top of the line unit so I guess its your call..
August 12, 2008 03:33PM
everyone that relic hunts should try the F75...the CZ3 is a bit harder in iron but if you use the small coil you can hunt with the F75...I have both but use the f75 for all my hard places and use the CZ3 for parks and schools the F75 does just as well Tom says use four tones and you have the F75 set up as the CZ3 but with the iron and masking solved....just my thoughts.

My buddy has a CZ3 we hunt in Calif and I can always out hunt him even when he uses the small coil.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 13, 2008 12:55AM
If your initiation into the hobby is via the acquisition of a F-75..... then stick with it. Learn it well !!!! It will out-hunt a CZ in the relic department. It will parallel a CZ in the coins & old-coins dept........ but it is a below-average unit in the wet salt beaches. (Was never really designed as a salt unit). The CZ is far superior in the wet salt environment.

The CZ is MUCH less (audibly) fatiguing..... but is more likely to be 'masked' in nail infested areas. You'll find more coins/old coins faster with a CZ because of it's intelligible audio presentation..... but the F-75 will find more coins (overall) in a given area.... in a longer period of time. NOT that the detector is slow by any means...... but the 'human element' is slower with it's audio presentation..... NOT a fault of the detector.
August 13, 2008 09:45AM
Tom I have been in the hobby for a lot of years now I have a Vaquero that I use in the parks I seem to dig to much trash with the F75. I use the F-75 for relic hunting an a Explorer SE for the beach. Would I dig less trash with the 3D at the park? There in a lot of aluminum there and a lot of pull tabs. I hit one or the other on every third or fourth swing.
Thank you
Jim
Kas
August 14, 2008 12:04AM
I've been swinging the CZ-3D since the spring. I love it. Some pull tabs will still ring up as good high tone targets. Pieces of aluminum siding or spouting... yep. Pin-pointed size of the target can help determine the likelyhood of large or small target as you already know.

As Tom explians, this machine (and as it's advertised) really shines at older sites, 50's and back, without too much new trash... alum pull tabs, bottle caps, etc. So the short answer is no. The machine is made to ring up high tone on (Good metal targets. Copper, brass, silver, some gold coins... I'm afraid that aluminum is a good metal and in some forms will ring up as good.

In Tom's own words,or as close as I can remember, Quote: Hunting new parks and newly inhabited areas with a CZ3D in enhanced mode could be a detectorists worst nightmare. end Quote.

With practice one can began to understand what the machine is saying with regards to unwanted targets. The round, short tone of a coin is unmistakable to me, but from time to time I'm fooled and dig a small triangular bits of aluminum.

I'm an older coin hunter and don't care if I ever dig clad, and steer myself to old picnic groves and farm houses,fields, so the CZ3D is right up my alley and has performed with excellent results.

Tom's articles (Intellgent hunting) which are found on this site are worth gold to those who take the time to read them. They explian a lot of the information most seek. There is extensive information about the CZ3D in one of the articles, explianing what objects ring in high tone and what gold tones in the intermediate tone. The tone that is just below high tone.

Good read about the CZ3D here: [www.fisherlab.com]

Good luck.
Ken

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 12:38AM by Kas.
August 14, 2008 01:07AM
There have been SOOOOOoooo many misconceptions about the CZ-3D being a aluminum trash machine. Not true. There are some areas that may have excessive amounts of larger pieces of aluminum trash that will ID as a high-tone (coin tone). Usually.... these items will ID as a 'coin' on other units ALSO.

IF, IF, IF..... this is the case, there are two options to combat this problem (not that I want to place focus on this less frequent problem).

IF you are in a area (new or old site).... that is producing too many high tones on trash,,,,,,, you can simply place the CZ-3D in 'salt' mode (which will not lose depth on coins) and hunt the area with the detector config'd to be like any other detector that is searching for coins.

Secondly, (and my primary choice) is to keep the 3D in the 'enhanced' mode.... and recover ONLY the deeper high-tones. Learn...... at what depth.... the aluminum trash ends..... and then at THAT depth (and deeper) should be the NON-aluminum trash; hopefully old coins.

MOST IMPORTANTLY; there is NO detector that is immune to trash. You will ALWAYS recover some trash. There is a misconception that if you dig only the high-tones.... you will ONLY find coins..... because every high tone is ONLY a coin..,,,,,,, and if you find other items that are NOT coins.... then the detector is malfunctioning. This is NEVER true..... REGARDLESS OF BRAND. There are plenty of targets that can read 'high-tone/coin-tone'.

I remember hunting an area several years ago with a CZ-3D..... and there were and EXCESSIVE amount of high-tone trash items in this area that I had to turn the detector off... and go home. A month later, I went back with a White's MXT. SAME EXACT PROBLEM! TOO much high conductive trash in the ground. Simply unhuntable with ANY unit. (Explorer had same problem).

Tom
August 14, 2008 01:27AM
i know this sounds defeatist,and i am positive all hunters have encountered those exact conditions you describe,but to be perfectly honest,site conditions like those are more numerous than ever because of the "human condition"!.masking
"par excellence!"..re loaming down to the 3" level is in serious need!

(h.h!)
j.t.