Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DFX retest with coinspaders settings...

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DFX retest with coinspaders settings...
December 25, 2018 02:55PM
Hope this makes the whites faithful happy.https://youtu.be/WCEcWLQdEuI
Re: DFX retest with coinspaders settings...
December 25, 2018 03:35PM
Well, at least you can say it runs quiet, especially over targets deeper than five to six inches.
December 25, 2018 04:27PM
Yeah super quiet detector lmao. I remember when the mxt first came out and I bought one.. it was a depth monster compared to the dfx. Sold both of my dfx's and my xlt soon after buying an mxt. Now the mxt cannot hit coins the f75 can in my dirt.. the f75 cannot hit coins the nox800 can in my dirt. See the pattern here? Love how nokta makro are kicking butt with new releases and listening to the customer. I will buy the new nokta simultaneously multi frequency when it's out. Back to the subject, that dfx has a menu system that screams please update me... Not user friendly at all..
December 25, 2018 04:41PM
basstrackerman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah super quiet detector lmao. I remember when th
> e mxt first came out and I bought one.. it was a d
> epth monster compared to the dfx. Sold both of my
> dfx's and my xlt soon after buying an mxt. Now th
> e mxt cannot hit coins the f75 can in my dirt.. th
> e f75 cannot hit coins the nox800 can in my dirt.
> See the pattern here? Love how nokta makro are ki
> cking butt with new releases and listening to the
> customer. I will buy the new nokta simultaneously
> multi frequency when it's out. Back to the subjec
> t, that dfx has a menu system that screams please
> update me... Not user friendly at all..

You hit the nail on the head Basstracker. The evolution of detectors is the main point.

That video of comparing a DFX to an Anfibio to me is like comparing a flip phone to an I Phone 7. Why do it at all ? Remember when texting first came about and trying to text on a flip phone ? Now, you can actually speak into a phone and it's converted to text.

Nokta coming out with a simultaneous multi ? Thanks for the heads up. Gotta check that out.
December 25, 2018 04:51PM
I guess I am missing something,
I see threads here a lot where older detectors are talked about with newer ones. Like MXT, Fisher F75, Troy X-5.

Reckon if DFX actually performed better would folks be having hissy fits??

Even the coin strike has been mentioned as of late.

So, why should anyone (using some’s Logic here) talk about on older model detector??

Even NASA-Tom in the Impact testing thread he created here said, get near trash spot Impact better choice vs F75.
But I never did see anyone here throwing hissy fits when he said this.

Calabash didn’t engineer or make DFX. It is what it is.
Some folks may be interested in the detector.
So they can watch the videos and read the commentary (everyone’s) and make their own decision.

We even see older models detectors here revisited from time to time.
Did these detectors change physically or electronically over time ?? Don’t think so.
But additional thoughts talking about don’t hurt one thing.
December 25, 2018 04:57PM
Over looking (good) target ID ....... Bet the DFX still performs very well in a trashy north America park compared to some of the newly relesed imported relic machines.

Depth was the only thing to make a detector everybody would own a Blisstool

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 01:43AM by Rob in (ca).
December 25, 2018 06:20PM
I wish Ole' Cal could get a hold of a Proper CZ or Nautilus IIBa as easier to set- up than the IIB.
And think He and even Ole' TNSS would be shocked how it would hit them Deep coins.
I mean comparing a DFX on Deep coins is like bringing a knife to a Gun fight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2018 06:21PM by Harold,ILL..
December 25, 2018 07:13PM
I'd like to see Calabash test those two detectors out in his test garden also Harold.
December 25, 2018 08:22PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I guess I am missing something,
> I see threads here a lot where older detectors are
> talked about with newer ones. Like MXT, Fisher F7
> 5, Troy X-5.
>
> Reckon if DFX actually performed better would folk
> s be having hissy fits??
>
> Even the coin strike has been mentioned as of late
> .
>
> So, why should anyone (using some’s Logic here) ta
> lk about on older model detector??
>
> Even NASA-Tom in the Impact testing thread he crea
> ted here said, get near trash spot Impact better c
> hoice vs F75.
> But I never did see anyone here throwing hissy fit
> s when he said this.
>
> Calabash didn’t engineer or make DFX. It is what
> it is.
> Some folks may be interested in the detector.
> So they can watch the videos and read the commenta
> ry (everyone’s) and make their own decision.
>
> We even see older models detectors here revisited
> from time to time.
> Did these detectors change physically or electroni
> cally over time ?? Don’t think so.
> But additional thoughts talking about don’t hurt o
> ne thing.

Maybe forum members have the capability to look at the over all contributions to the forum from those you have mentioned. Including Tom that can pretty much do anything he wants to on HIS forum. So your comparison and mentioning of hissy fits is misguided. Nice try though.
December 25, 2018 08:46PM
I think its relevant comparing New with the Old -

New Companies Nokta/Makro showing the Old companies how to look after their customers for one -

I don't know how many threads I have read over the years about the Whites users saying how great the DFX is etc etc

Well, these videos simply show how great those DFX's are when compared to a company that LISTENS to its customers -

From what I also remember it was the Whites guys that made the most noise when Makro released the Racer -

It seems only right that a couple of their units are compared just in case anyone was looking at getting a Whites -

As for comparing with a unit 16+yrs old, I am sure there would have been more disgruntled Whites fans if OP had used the impressive MXS

Thanks for the comparison and the time put in Calabash - Love comparisons like this - helps bury dated unitsthumbs down

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 26, 2018 01:14AM
And a (nearly 30-year old) CZ platform..... is still a 'primary' ….unto which we base-reference compare.
December 26, 2018 02:48AM
Nobody ever claimed the DFX was a depth demon machine but it is a favorite for many for what they found it to excel at.

That's all a detector is in the end...a tool. You pick the best one for the job you need it to do. Everybody don't relic hunt. Some couldn't care less about bullets, buttons, or buckles. Everybody don't coin hunt. Me personally, I couldn't care less about clad coins and really don't even get into the old coin thing that much either. Everybody don't jewelry hunt. You get the picture. Technology changes with time, nobody is arguing that. Today's vehicles get 35-40 mpg, ride nice and quiet and even engines like the Ford Ecoboost turbos have plenty of power and still get 20+ mpg in a crew cab size 4x4. Dad and I drove a 2018 F-150 XLT 4X4 crew cab with EcbBoost on our fishing trip to the gulf. Averaged 26.5 mpg. I drove it over 500 miles on one tank of gas and DID NOT baby it at all. I was blown away. They are great. But some times it's fun to get behind the wheel of a 1970 SS gas guzzler and let that joker suck some gas and burn some rubber while blasting some Skynyrd.

These detector comparison videos are kinda like this to me, ESPECIALLY when they are mis-matched from the start: It would be like me taking that '70 Chevelle SS and doing a gas mileage comparison video to a Prius. The strong point of the SS ain't gas mileage. Strong point of the Prius ain't horse power. Just because they are both cars don't make them great head to head comparison material. Strong point of a DFX may not be depth but for the time it was designed, it had a super great target ID for modern trash sites. Anfibio may be deeper but let's see what one of those are bringing used 10 years from now. DFXs that are 15 years old still bringing around $375 to $400 used.

It's a hobby that is meant to be fun. Some people's hobby is actually collecting older detectors and having fun with them. Kinda like the classic car guys that take 'em to the rod runs or weekend drives. They aren't their every day driver but they still have fun with em. Go get out of the test garden and dig something.
December 26, 2018 02:48AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> And a (nearly 30-year old) CZ platform..... is sti
> ll a 'primary' ….unto which we base-reference comp
> are.

Tom, how can that be ?

My CZ6a has knobs. It's analog. No wireless function. No fancy screens, thousands of tones, hundreds of programs. Its got a meter and a needle for crying out loud !! It's really heavy and I had to mount it on a straight shaft under the cuff, upside down to make it ergonomically effective.

It's unheard of that my nearly 25 year old CZ6a's are still running like the day I bought them after thousands of hours dirt and salt water beach hunting and being dropped countless times on concrete pavement.

Why do I keep grabbing that out of date detector over all the others I have in my stable and continue to find great stuff ? I must be out of my mind !!!

I just don't understand. I thought they were made obsolete awhile ago.

Merry Christmas and thank you for this great forum.
December 27, 2018 11:57PM
In this corner weighing 500 lbs. Andre the Giant. And his opponent weighing a buck 85 Bucktooth Bill BS. Oh brother.drinking smiley
December 28, 2018 12:37AM
therover61 Wrote:
> NASA-Tom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And a (nearly 30-year old) CZ platform..... is s
> ti
> > ll a 'primary' ….unto which we base-reference co
> mp
> > are.
>
>
> Tom, how can that be ?
>
> My CZ6a has knobs. It's analog. No wireless functi
> on. No fancy screens, thousands of tones, hundreds
> of programs. Its got a meter and a needle for cryi
> ng out loud !! It's really heavy and I had to moun
> t it on a straight shaft under the cuff, upside do
> wn to make it ergonomically effective.
>
> It's unheard of that my nearly 25 year old CZ6a's
> are still running like the day I bought them after
> thousands of hours dirt and salt water beach hunti
> ng and being dropped countless times on concrete p
> avement.
>
> Why do I keep grabbing that out of date detector o
> ver all the others I have in my stable and continu
> e to find great stuff ? I must be out of my mind !
> !!
>
> I just don't understand. I thought they were made
> obsolete awhile ago.
>
> Merry Christmas and thank you for this great forum
> .

1) proven reliability.
2)simple to operate,loves silver
3) fun to use..low stress
4) take it anywhere..finds stuff..good stuff..consisitently
5) fun to use (anticipation very high with a cz)
6) excellent e.m.i. buster smooth and stable most everywhere.
7) finds good stuff!
8) (K.I.S.S.) theory

(h.h.!)
j.t.

j.t.
December 28, 2018 01:37AM
A seasoned detectorist watching these comparison videos is like Hans Solo getting a lecture on morality from Jabba the Hutt
December 28, 2018 01:48AM
j.t.

You know I am a CZ junkie ! Gimmie gimmie gimmie !!!
December 28, 2018 02:00AM
shoveler Wrote:
> A seasoned detectorist watching these comparison v
> ideos is like Hans Solo getting a lecture on moral
> ity from Jabba the Hutt

grinning smiley Best one yet!!!
December 28, 2018 07:17AM
therover61 Wrote:
> j.t.
>
> You know I am a CZ junkie ! Gimmie gimmie gimmie !
> !!

yeah! i do know this! all i guts to say is,not bad for 30 year old tech...tons a fun! simple ass machine that rewards!

(h.h.!)
j.t.