Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"why, theres no such thing as obtrusive government with treasure finds..."

Posted by TheOtherLeggoHead 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
Are you in MI?
Re: "why, theres no such thing as obtrusive government with treasure finds..."
May 17, 2011 12:45AM
Quote,
"Just another scam perpetrated by the man to keep a brother down!"
Homey D. Clown
We need legislation similar to England where the item is valued, sold to a museum and the finder is paid for it. In this manner more national treasures would be fairly obtained and put on display for the public to enjoy.
Just my two cents!!!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it put on its swimming trunks.
May 17, 2011 04:50AM
I just finished reading part of a book called, FINDERS KEEPERS by Craig Childs. A tale of archaeological plunder and obsession.
The basic message, We'er all thieves!!!
Interesting read.
May 17, 2011 01:09PM
We had a story that made the news a few years back ,up here in Mass.
A long time shellfish diver , said it was dumb luck that the found a ships cannon .
It was small in size , only a few feet long . Made for side by side fighting.
When word got out of his find , the state stepped in .
Not only could he not keep it but thy wanted him to restore it before he turned it in to the state.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2011 01:20PM by gman.
May 17, 2011 08:08PM
I just finished reading part of a book called, FINDERS KEEPERS by Craig Childs. A tale of archaeological plunder and obsession.
The basic message, We'er all thieves!!! turtleman, if you have not found anything of value, this is an invalid statement, and I will determine if it is valuable smiling smiley, plus I rebury everything I find, it's the hunt man smiling smiley
May 18, 2011 01:01AM
Sad what this country is coming to. What happened to the U.S. Constitution & The Declaration? Just mere pieces of paper like a utility bill or losing lottery ticket I guess. Reprehensible. We all better watch closely the citizens of other countries that are standing up and fighting for what they believe in. We have the power to do the same. Do we have the courage though? Methinks that when more of our people vote for the next American Idol instead of the President, things aren't looking so great sad smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2011 01:03AM by njnydigger.
May 18, 2011 04:48AM
Caretaker

Define value! Read the book you may change your mind.

Turtleman