Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista X in my future

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista X in my future
March 21, 2020 11:41PM
Just bought a Deeptech Vista X from Richard at Backwoods, looking forward to playing with it. Watched a lot of Video's on it including the video's Des and Kieth made, looks like a very capable beep and dig. I like a lot of different detectors but I have always had a soft spot for beep and digs.
Re: Vista X in my future
March 22, 2020 12:15AM
I saw you grabbed that, great price and great timing. I tried to get one used for months then gave up. Just in time for the new coils to come out also, just saw a video of the 8 inch coil hitting a hammered silver coin at past 12". I've been loving mine.
March 22, 2020 12:17AM
I saw you grabbed that, great price and great timing. I tried to get one used for months then gave up. Just in time for the new coils to come out also, just saw a video of the 8 inch coil hitting a hammered silver coin at past 12". I've been loving mine, was on a roll with it then caught the flu/pneumonia and haven't been out in a couple weeks, now that I'm coming out of that I can't wait to get it back out there. Mine paid for itself in dirt gold in 3 weeks.
March 22, 2020 01:06AM
I brought my X out earlier this week, forgot how powerful that machine is, and DEEEEEP!
Great intelligent anolog audio and fast too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2020 01:07AM by Aaron.
March 22, 2020 01:13AM
I like the fact that it has iron audio and a really precise discrimination, it's gonna be a lot of fun learning how to tweak it. It looks like it has a lot of audio intelligence.
March 22, 2020 02:09AM
An excellent detector, now with the smaller in between size coil. Think you'll have some real fun with it.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 22, 2020 02:20AM
I seen that X with expanded disc. I have had couple earlier Vista models....just wish they had a concentric coil available. The areas that i previously hit with my Gold Mountain King Cobra and Tesoro's never yielded anything else good with the Vista.....save tiny candy wrap. Kinda like going coin shooting with a Fisher Gold Bug. Good luck with the X, keep us updated.
March 22, 2020 10:53PM
I'm interested in it when you get tired of it shoot me a message.
March 23, 2020 03:03AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm interested in it when you get tired of it shoo
> t me a message.

LOL , Maybe this will be one I keep, I do have some favorites that I keep. smiling smiley
March 26, 2020 04:55AM
Got out with the Vista X today and my first impression is this is an awesome detector with a lot of potential, it will take me a little while to get used to it's language but one thing I can say is it is very powerful, I had to turn it down some to tame it, but it is great at unmasking. I was hitting some naily spots with the 11" coil and pulled a couple indian heads, a couple older wheaties and an old pin. The signals are crisp and I love the adjustable iron audio because I can hear everything without getting a headache. The dual disc is awesome, no pulltabs today just high conductors, I got the main disc set right at the nickel breakpoint to where a nickel will sound off with a high one way and a low tone the other way but I didn't come across any nickels today. The second disc I had at around zinc penny. It was my first time out with it and I was pretty impressed, I think I will have a lot of fun with the Vista X.
March 26, 2020 08:45PM
Yes even with the Large octagon coil it unmask amazingly well!

Good info!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 29, 2020 03:58PM
I have plenty of time on my hands with this virus thing going on and I'm going to do some head to head comparison testing between my modded Cibola with my favorite search coil attached, the Sharpshooter, and the Vista X with its stock search coil.

tabman
March 29, 2020 04:19PM
tabman Wrote:
> I have plenty of time on my hands with this virus
> thing going on and I'm going to do some head to he
> ad comparison testing between my modded Cibola wit
> h my favorite search coil attached, the Sharpshoot
> er, and the Vista X with its stock search coil.
>
> tabman

Let us know the results of your tests Gerald.-----Are you still going to make Montes WTHO?------Del
March 29, 2020 04:56PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> tabman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have plenty of time on my hands with this viru
> s
> > thing going on and I'm going to do some head to
> he
> > ad comparison testing between my modded Cibola w
> it
> > h my favorite search coil attached, the Sharpsho
> ot
> > er, and the Vista X with its stock search coil.
> >
> > tabman
>
>
> Let us know the results of your tests Gerald.-----
> Are you still going to make Montes WTHO?------Del

I had planed on going. Even if there are flights available, I'm not sure if I want to get on one and rebreathe everyone else's recycled air while this virus thing is going on. It sure sounds like Monte's WTHO is going to be a blast.

tabman

tabman
March 31, 2020 08:48AM
The Vista X reminds me of a Troy X5 on steroids. There will be one in my future, for sure.