Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any users of Nexus MP or MK II here?

Posted by Shelton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any users of Nexus MP or MK II here?
January 14, 2019 04:34PM
Anybody here was tested Nexus MP and MKII together?
Re: Any users of Nexus MP or MK II here?
January 14, 2019 05:08PM
I own a Nexus MP and a Standard SE but not the MK11,had the SE maybe 4 years and the MP 2 years.
January 14, 2019 06:50PM
And I have a MkII but not an MP. For me it was a case of one or the other and since I do not hunt in highly mineralized soil I picked the MkII.
January 14, 2019 08:40PM
I'm interested in how to perform MKII and MP side to side. I have MKII also.
January 14, 2019 08:56PM
Are these the deepest coins ever dug on youtube?

[www.youtube.com]
January 14, 2019 09:28PM
Georgi does a side by side comparison of both. There is a link on the Nexus website.
January 15, 2019 10:24AM
I know I was talked with him... but I need to know users feelings. I know technical aspects winking smiley
January 19, 2019 03:08PM
i had the mp for a very short time, i just can tell it hard to balance sometime impossible and i wasnt impressed with the ddm as the ground balance determine everything on this metal detector. i got ride of it in a swiftly manner.
January 19, 2019 08:27PM
I had the Credo DDM..........

youdig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i had the mp for a very short time, i just can tel
> l it hard to balance sometime impossible and i was
> nt impressed with the ddm as the ground balance de
> termine everything on this metal detector. i got r
> ide of it in a swiftly manner.
January 19, 2019 11:24PM
ghound Wrote:
> I had the Credo DDM..........
>
> youdig Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i had the mp for a very short time, i just can t
> el
> > l it hard to balance sometime impossible and i w
> as
> > nt impressed with the ddm as the ground balance
> de
> > termine everything on this metal detector. i got
> r
> > ide of it in a swiftly manner.

and then what happen with it ?
January 20, 2019 12:23AM
I found the MP very easy to ground balance its the Standard SE and earlier models that are hard to GB the meter on the MP is not very accurate but the detector is very capable in the right hands it takes time to learn but once you do you will be very happy with the depth, i would love to try one of the new silver concentric coils with the MP.
January 20, 2019 10:51AM
well sanjuro, in dirt easier to balance but target are all over the places and since everything is related to ground balance discrimination wise ... it like having a pi without the depth stability and simplicity and weight... and you have to set up everything manualy, for exemple if the gb is changing you have use the discrimination knob, with ferrous in hand (nails and trash) of what you want to show as ferrous on the metal detector
And btw the machine wasnt able to handle tidal beach unlike what the brochure said, i will even said that any other detector even a garrett ace 250 is able to.
So having a good ground balance is everything on this machine, withouth it you dig on everything and the depth is like 20cm at best.

go figure why this marvellous machine, is not well know 7 years and more after its been out.

ps: the expert hand thing is just an excuse to justify the price the fact the machine is unstable and so on, "it not the machine it the user"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2019 10:53AM by youdig.
January 20, 2019 02:09PM
I eventually got rid of it, there very hard to sell 2nd hand. When all the moons aligned it was deep on solo sitting targets, for anything else i found it a poor performer, my Signum MFD easily outperformed it.

youdig Wrote:
> ghound Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I had the Credo DDM..........
> >
> > youdig Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > i had the mp for a very short time, i just can
> t
> > el
> > > l it hard to balance sometime impossible and i
> w
> > as
> > > nt impressed with the ddm as the ground balanc
> e
> > de
> > > termine everything on this metal detector. i g
> ot
> > r
> > > ide of it in a swiftly manner.
>
> and then what happen with it ?
January 20, 2019 02:22PM
Id agree here.

youdig Wrote:
> go figure why this marvellous machine, is not well
> know 7 years and more after its been out.
>
> ps: the expert hand thing is just an excuse to jus
> tify the price the fact the machine is unstable an
> d so on, "it not the machine it the user"...
January 20, 2019 09:59PM
The Nexus MP has not been out 7 years maybe your thinking about the other models ? and Ghound the the Credo is not the same as the MP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2019 10:02PM by sanjuro.
January 20, 2019 10:15PM
MKII is easy to GB. But when the patch is iron filled is harder.
January 20, 2019 10:56PM
Yes there different models for sure, but i was only quoting about my experience from using the Credo, not the MP.

sanjuro Wrote:
> Ghound the th
> e Credo is not the same as the MP
January 21, 2019 09:16AM
sanjuro Wrote:
> The Nexus MP has not been out 7 years maybe your t
> hinking about the other models ? and Ghound the th
> e Credo is not the same as the MP

I checked you are right 4-5 years and there are 2 version of mp, the last one use more power to improve stability and depht but has way less autonomy.
January 21, 2019 09:19AM
You have few adjustments options with MP. Toggle switch and two adjustments GB knobs... so it depends on the operator also... this is not the easy toy.
January 21, 2019 10:27AM
Shelton Wrote:
> You have few adjustments options with MP. Toggle s
> witch and two adjustments GB knobs... so it depend
> s on the operator also... this is not the easy toy
> .

speaking of which , some are useless , heavy toggle is useless depth = 0 i suspect some toggle to reduce sensitivy to the minimum or do inversed sentivity , fine knob too usualy when gb is hard to setup those will be useless no matter what you try, if you use those at highter value the md will not detect anything even close to the coil why would you make such control ?

Btw i was wondering why the russian were laughing at this machine, i do understand now ... when you are pouring cash to an expensive metal detector you expect result ...

[www.youtube.com]

see in the video that what happen most of the time when you try to ground balance...

Nexus and golden mask shouldnt laugh about blisstool because they are all the same ...
those machine are nightmare for beachcomber .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2019 10:29AM by youdig.
January 21, 2019 11:52AM
This is of course just my personal opinion on both the Standard SE and the MP both which i have owned for between SE 3-4 years and the MP over 2 years,SE has just the dual 9'' coil and the MP with 14'',10'' and 7'' low freq coils and also the 24khz 11'' Concentric coil,operation the MP with any of the larger coil is a total waste of time and infact its not a ejoyable machine to use full stop,but the small 7'' coil(8x6) dos infact exceptionally well i find and this coil stays on the detector all the time,and when running minimum sensitivity and AM mode or zero discrimination the machine transforms from a 'erratic' unstable machine into a rock solid detector and the red/blue led setup then becomes very reliable.

The trouble is the churn rate on this specific MP detector is incredible and since i have owned mine the amount of folks that have off loaded them and at a massive loss especially if one bought new at the full asking price is 'crazy',i was lucky that i bought mine with just a couple of hours on the clock and was basically brand new and bought for far less that half the price of a new one,in the initial few months of buying it like most other folks was ready for off loading it,but i was also not prepared to take a 'massive' hit on what i had paid for it just few months before,so kept at it and tried about every permutation going and found it with the small 7''(8x6) coil,works very stable and also surprisingly gives exceptional depth with this small coil and at zero sesnitivity,but if i start start increasing the sensitivity up even to say 1/4 or 1/2 then it start becoming erratic and totally useless operating wise.

The older Standard SE works a treat and never had any problems with that machine,only used for deep pasture use and never had problems with the meter or GB either,the MP was/has been the most challenging and just because i wanted too master/tame it i kept it till i found its best settings and coil combination,wont part with them as the 2nd market is non existent and i dont plan on loosing a substantial amount of money,they do have some uses ie deep pasture for locating 'large' artifacts but as a everyday machine forget about it or give it some serious thought first of all,they are alot of money and if you cannot get on with them and decide like most folks do you will stand to loose certainly 50% and possibly more in a very short time duration.......would i advice anyone 'not' to buy one,that i wont say its your money and you make the decision yourself.I can only say as i have found it and what i like or do not like about these 2 detectors that i have mentioned,others may or may not agree that is upto that person.
January 21, 2019 12:00PM
Ok thanks for review mate. It was last MP version?