Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold and Silver's time has come

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold and Silver's time has come
January 25, 2019 11:49PM
I subscribe to Michael Olivers MSA report, and his system started giving the " green light " , about a month ago. Gold, Silver and the mining stocks are starting what is predicted to be the big run, and final blow off. Should last 1-3 years. Probably will not be as spectacular as the bitcoin move, but should be very profitable if you get out at the right time. Buy low and sell high. Good Luck! and HH.
Re: Gold and Silver's time has come
January 26, 2019 12:30AM
possum can you expand on said "green lights" ?

I've been stacking, it's amazing how often you can buy it at prices far below market value.

I'd love to cash out, but not in a hurry, waiting for a nice run thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2019 12:31AM by Cal_cobra.
January 26, 2019 01:53AM
Cal, he uses some type of momentum indicators , that catch underlying trends that many times price charts do not. His system he uses has quite an accurate track record going back to the crash of 87. You can read some of his comments at kingworldnews.com. His yearly subscription costs $269 a year, which is cheap for this degree of accuracy. Best market technician I have come across in the last 20 years.
January 26, 2019 04:13PM
I know King World News is an advocate for pumping gold and silver, but if you go to their website and listen to Andrew McGuires interview today, he spells out what is happening.

A lot of it is technical, but he talks about how the synthetic market (paper gold futures/options) have an effect on the physical market and the price.

Remember also, we here in the US see the price of gold in dollars. There are prices in other currencies and those prices have been going up a lot faster than the price in dollars.

The dollar was sold off yesterday, hence the rise in the gold price in dollars.

Based on Andrews interview, options expire at the end of the month. I appears the synthetic market was trying to hold the price under $1280 or there abouts, and now that it has broken through, there may be a push into the $1350-$1400 range.

For me, the price does not matter. I buy gold and silver not as an investment, but as a hedge against the fake monetary system. Been doing that for a long time, every month. I also cash out all my clad I have found metal detecting (and change accumulated in my car and in my jars) for the year and buy as many American Silver Eagles as I can. For the past several years though, I have been buying Morgan Silver Dollars. I just love those coins.

It all goes to my son when I pass on. If he wants to cash out and buy a sports car, it's cool with me. He can sell all my old baseball cards too.

I am not sure what side of the fence people are on, but to me it just makes sense to have some physical gold and silver on hand. Some people go all in, others not at all. Both ends of the spectrum are risky. I go with a 15%-20% of total portfolio in physical gold and silver. But the way things have been shaking out, I may start to increase my monthly allocation more toward gold and silver and less toward equities.

Going to the coin store now to buy more Morgans. It's addictive !
January 26, 2019 05:57PM
Get them calls!
January 26, 2019 06:22PM
There's a convenience store in my town …. that you can buy a gallon of milk for a dime (10-Cents). The catch/stipulation is: It must be a silver dime. A Mercury dime.
I believe there is also one other local store that does this.
(I wonder if a gallon of milk cost about 10-Cents in 1942).
January 26, 2019 09:39PM
Looks like 1935-1945 Merc Dimes in good to fine condition fetch between $2.25-$3.00 a piece.

Gallon of milk on average is about the same price.

I like the idea of being able to take a merc dime to a store and get a gallon of milk.

Next step...go to a local farmer or poultry house and plop down a silver Washington quarter and get a nice 6-7 pound chicken !
January 26, 2019 09:40PM
A gallon of milk in 1942 was around 65 cents.
January 26, 2019 10:24PM
I think prices on consumer goods/commodities were pretty stable until 1971....when Nixon took us off the gold standard.

Gave us the ability to print dollars pegged to nothing but faith in the US government to pay it's debts (and of course a powerful military to boot).

Some countries prior to that were smart and started redeeming their dollars for gold. When the jig was up (meaning we didn't have enough gold to cover the dollars), Nixon pulled the plug.
January 27, 2019 04:13AM
In 1934.... President Roosevelt made it illegal for banks to issue.... and citizens to own 'gold coin'.
In 1974.... President Nixon removed this restriction.
January 27, 2019 04:38AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In 1934.... President Roosevelt made it illegal fo
> r banks to issue.... and citizens to own 'gold coi
> n'.
> In 1974.... President Nixon removed this restricti
> on.

In 1934, almost overnight, gold was revalued from $20 an ounce to $35....yet when you went to redeem your $20 gold coin (which was almost a full ounce of gold) after the revaluation, you would get face value in Federal Reserve Notes (20), not the value of an ounce of gold.

Nice scam.
January 27, 2019 05:53AM
Good deal going on at provident metals for junk silver dimes. 0.49 cents over spot, any quantity. Lasts through tomorrow. I picked some up today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 05:54AM by Idaholes.