Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Off topic but very cool weather site for live streaming storm chaser's

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Off topic but very cool weather site for live streaming storm chaser's
May 25, 2011 09:57PM
has an interactive map ....Just click on the cars and watch the live action....It helps to zoom in to county level so you can see all the cars chasing...pretty dang busy right now as I type..

[chase.tornadovideos.net]

Keith
Re: Off topic but very cool weather site for live streaming storm chaser's
May 25, 2011 11:17PM
Thanks,I am in Indianapolis watching.
May 26, 2011 02:48AM
Neat site! Thanks for posting! It's interesting that the more I learn about my fellow "Swingers" (don't get excited!) the more I realize that we have, in many cases many OTHER things in common. (Musicians, Weather followers, Techies, History buffs & from what I've observed recently, conservative politics etc...)

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
tornadoes
May 26, 2011 03:12AM
Forget the live streaming, heck, here in Missouri, you just have to step outside and watch the cotton pickin things roar by! Another one (F1) flew by last nite, about 10 mi away.
May 26, 2011 03:19AM
I feel like a schmuck! Everyone that's been affected by these damn tornadoes is in my prayers! HUNDREDS of lives have been lost and countless lives and families have been disrupted or worse. God Bless everyone affected by these storms & my "interest" in the "weather" doesn't mean I'm not thinkin' & prayin' 'bout ya!

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
I ran across the site Pulltab while looking for a real time lightning
May 26, 2011 03:36AM
site so I could maybe put it to some use after some electrical storm's for detecting purposes...

Yes weather is very amazing and it does interact with the detector's in some way I am sure of this.....

thought the chasers was pretty cool when I stumbled upon it...

Hate to see peoples lives disrupted by the storm's...I know my N.GA area has been hit hard recently .....

Keith
Re: tornadoes
May 26, 2011 03:37AM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forget the live streaming, heck, here in Missouri,
> you just have to step outside and watch the cotton
> pickin things roar by! Another one (F1) flew by
> last nite, about 10 mi away.

Like Possum, I just go outside and look up. [abcnews.go.com] I am about 90 mile from Joplin. The death count is up to 122 as of this evening. We lost another 9 killed in Oklahoma last night. 8 confirmed tornadoes with 3 confirmed at FE3 (134 to 149 MPH winds) Had two tornadoes within 15 miles of me this week alone. Straight line winds up to 81 mph last night.

Cuniagau

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
Re: tornadoes
May 26, 2011 01:06PM
Sanctity of life is never fully 'appreciated' /// 'realized'.
Tri
Re: LIVE WEATHER NOAA
May 26, 2011 01:08PM
I pray for those that have lost lives and property to the recent storms, tornadoes and floods. , I do not fully trust any of the local weather folks for the simple reason that most of their weather predictions are not nearly as accurate as they would leave you to believe. I have noted many times that most weather forecasters are roughly accurate about 50 % of the time, when we are talking about weather more than a couple of days down the road, and on top of that are never held accountable for their lack of accuracy.

I just go to google and type in "full resolution loop" and go to the live weather map of the continental united states , which gives me a look at what is coming down the slope in real time.

Check it out: ( [radar.weather.gov] )

Tri
May 27, 2011 02:08AM
Keith, I checked out that site...had a hard time removing myself from it, neat!! Those storm chasers are high amped. I guess chasing a unpredictable deadly force around the neighborhood gets the glands a workin.

Tri, good site! I always used Accu Weather for the radar, but I will now use; radar.weather.gov......thanks!
Joplin, Mo
May 27, 2011 07:45PM
[www.buzzfeed.com]

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”