Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites MXT question

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites MXT question
March 14, 2019 06:08AM
I recently acquired an MXT tracker E series and I have been taking it out daily to get to know it. Now this evening I had it out to hunt a couple hours and it all of a sudden went into an over load, it did this even in the air, I turned it off and back on again and that seemed to work for a bit and then it did the same thing again. I went thru this a couple times so my question is it because I had the gain too high ? or is it another problem I'm not familiar with. MXT experts needed to fill me in on this problem please. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. smiling smiley
Re: Whites MXT question
March 14, 2019 01:52PM
Hi coinspader,, Try this trun the detector on, open the battery door and take out the pack and wail about 10 sec. and put it back in. This will do a reset, If this don't work take the coil cover off and wash it out. It could have black sand in it and that will make it over load. Best way to take off coil cover is to take lower rod off detector so water don,t run in control box. Run hot water in sink and let coil set in hot water for a few min. The cover will come off ease. I have had a MXT the first week they came out. I have two now, one for backup. Hope this works for you. flintstone
March 14, 2019 03:18PM
Thankyou Flintstone, I will try both of those things, I am really liking this MXT it has found me silver 2 days in a row now.
March 14, 2019 04:38PM
CS, I know exactly the type of 'noise' you heard!

Have heard it 'a few times' when testing the various White's models: its a kind of long loud 'xylophone' 'Star Warry' futuristic sound! Like an orchestra is blowing just the Trumpets...!!!

In your case I'm suspecting a power issue: low battery. Recharge or AA's.

Any thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2019 04:39PM by Des D.
March 14, 2019 04:51PM
It is telling me it is at 11 volts when I turn it on but that thought had occurred to me the first time I heard it. I am hoping that it is something simple like that. I'll change out the batteries and see if it makes a difference. Yeah when it happens it blows my ears out. eye popping smiley
March 14, 2019 05:09PM
"Did you change out the batteries when it came?
Or is that too basic a question?"
March 14, 2019 05:38PM
Well Des it read 12 volts when I first turned it on and I hunted with it a few times before it started acting up, it still says 11 volts on the display.
March 14, 2019 05:46PM
I haven't changed the batteries yet but I will this evening when I take it out again.
When the coil first starts going bad changes in temperature will make your detector give an overload sound. Have myself had ths happen with three Whites MXT coils