Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

At Pro owners may like/want one of these

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
At Pro owners may like/want one of these
March 21, 2019 02:39AM
Re: At Pro owners may like/want one of these
March 21, 2019 12:58PM
That is the advantage of the AT Max over the ATP: it is back lit.
I remember the very first test of the AT Max as it was getting dusk early and when I turned on the backlight it was pure magic!
March 21, 2019 02:15PM
They sell led book reading lights at the £1 shop
March 21, 2019 09:57PM
Can anyone, anyone at all please tell me why it takes Garrett so long to
improve on their product lines?

AT Series - Back light & Volume Control are absolute magic according to some
YET it took years for Garrett to actually implement their customers feedback_In fact
the release of the AT MAX was delayed as to fit a VOLUME control AT THE LAST MINUTE

This allowed their opposition to launch a product that was in direct competition to their MAX

It makes you wonder how they go about improving on their product line if they leave one of the most
obvious upgrades to the Series to the last minute which also coincided with their release

GPP - How long did it take to address the falsing problems with this Pointer?_How many
years did it take Garrett after numerous people on YouTube waterproofed the GPP, for Garrett
to take up the incentive to release a Waterproof Pointer?

I am NOT slamming Garrett here as I have seen what pro-active companies do these days in order
to be competitive so why has US manufacturing not kept up? Its easy to see what is working when
it comes to marketing however it is like they do not want any part of it_Even now there is next to nothing
from any marketing from the US manufacturers as this is still virtually left to those avid enthusiasts who
breath the hobby.

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
March 23, 2019 04:39PM
the answer could be "money" or the lack of it! it's possible that the base of detectorists left in the hobby to purchase new equipment has shrunk enough to NOT make total redesigns feasible from an economic standpoint this is just an opinion.
it costs tons to bring new equipment to market,and maybe the
money just might not be available,except to a very few manufacturers...i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 23, 2019 05:43PM
"? I'm thinking it has more to do with the Hobby taking a back seat to the Security business...it's booming as everyone wants 'walk-thru's?"
March 23, 2019 07:09PM
I think part of it is higher US R&D costs combined with significantly greater regulatory hoops and hindrances.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 24, 2019 12:40AM
thanks for responses guys_I appreciate it thumbs down

I ask these somewhat contentious questions to you all to better understand the
different ways these manufacturers operate_no malice intended, just intrigued

cheers smileys with beer

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
March 27, 2019 03:13AM
Another reason why I didn't like the ATPro. My White's MX Sport has a better screen, larger text, and a very nice backlight.