Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Will there ever be a detector better at?

Posted by Nailed-it 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Will there ever be a detector better at?
March 24, 2019 09:57AM
Will there ever be a detector that has better modulation than a cz? I love my cz , it has the best tell tell that you are digging an old coin. Will there ever be a detector better than an etrac? Witn its superior ID at depth? I know I'm digging a silver with the etrac. Or are we as park hunters do we just need to accept that what's been found has already been found and the rest has sunk to deep?
Re: Will there ever be a detector better at?
March 24, 2019 10:13AM
The simple answer to your questions is no and no.
March 24, 2019 10:26AM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The simple answer to your questions is no and no.
You are more than likely right!
Time to door knock.
March 24, 2019 11:40AM
Maybe not with the current technology, look at the invenio tho i think it a good step toward that. If you can get bbs or fbs iding capacity coupled to the ability to see the target.
March 24, 2019 02:21PM
With the technology of tomorrow...who knows..
Take this into consideration once read using a 10 inch coil it would take years to completely cover a football field...following this conclusion if your coil don't go over a target at the right angle you will never find it..
March 24, 2019 03:18PM
Hard to beat both at 'Park Hunting' for deep coins. They both not only have awesome modulated audio but it's adjustable on both to suit everyones different hearing.
Not many detectors out there with 'adjustable modulation'. I think the Whites Specta/ Vision has 5 levels of Modulation adjustment?
The old XLT and DFX had a on or off setting but not adjustable. The Tesoro uMax detectors have it built in.
My Golden uMax is just about right for My hearing.
But if it was adjustable I would tweek it just a hair more.
And the Nautilus IIB,IIBa has a sweet modulated Disc. only deep tone all it's own.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 05:22PM by Harold,ILL..
March 24, 2019 03:32PM
With the "old" analog machines going the way of the dodo bird, I believe we are going to lose a lot of signal nuances, one being that telltale modulation. In the high tech world there are some things digital tech just can't reproduce. Jmo
March 24, 2019 06:37PM
Nailed-it Wrote:
> Will there ever be a detector that has better modu
> lation than a cz? I love my cz , it has the best t
> ell tell that you are digging an old coin. Will th
> ere ever be a detector better than an etrac? Witn
> its superior ID at depth? I know I'm digging a sil
> ver with the etrac. Or are we as park hunters do w
> e just need to accept that what's been found has a
> lready been found and the rest has sunk to deep?

or might NOT be there!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 24, 2019 06:43PM
Nailed-it Wrote:
> Welgund Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The simple answer to your questions is no and no
> .
> You are more than likely right!
> Time to door knock.

or take up golf? (lol) ehe! he! he! eh!
or maybe knitting?.ehe! he! he! i'm just saying'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 24, 2019 06:50PM
I was over on Car's forum recently chatting about nuances between digital and analog detectors, Carl says the new digital format allows for greater leeway in creating the nuances than analog design. That is good news. I personally love the nuances in my Gold Bug 2 when nugget detecting, it will zip zip over a good target, and it will "boing" over a hot rock, that alone is valuable, time saving, while detecting, way more so than a vdi screen. On a tiny shotshell #9 lead shot it will create a breakup tail off the signal as you pull away from it directly up from the ground while detecting. I do like using two tones on machines, but I rather have nuances to audio than multiple tones. Its an interesting subject for sure. I have not seen a lot of noticable nuances in the new ditgital machines myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 06:54PM by MXT SNIPER.
March 25, 2019 12:19AM
Analog sound character is a language easier to learn........especially single tone machines. Digital metal detectors tend to substitute sound character nuance with Tone ID (assigning each metal its own tone frequency). This is not to say that digital sound wont someday have more nuance. Other than Minelab's BBS or FBS, sound character deteriorates at depth and will lie to you......its safer to dig questionable targets when its deep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 12:22AM by Arkansas.