Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here’s a video testing EQX 800- tonal reporting—— Folks Can discuss here all they want about how this detector works to include ID

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
[m.youtube.com]

Add your own videos too if you want.
Anything really to further the discussion or help folks understand better.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2019 02:07AM by tnsharpshooter.
It is interesting that a BOLT does the same...two quick high tones one way,but obviously the difference is that most sound off like iron at the 90,while that tilted quarter does not. It apparently comes back to following the audio,and if it’s pretty reliable from various angles,you just have to dig it up. It would be interesting to know the exact physics behind how it acts,because we know that not all coins are lying flat! Keep that GoPro hummin’ David....smiling smiley
TNSS, good video on the nox and etrac. That’s some of the reasons why it sounds like it does. It almost seems like we are getting a full report under the coil with tones. Depending on how it’s setup. Your test makes a lot of sense, it seems like the nox is very sensitive to the size and shape of objects or when they are on edge. Thanks good job.
If you've got a coin on edge in iron it's going to be real hard to see according to that video. It's hard enough to evaluate those double tones as it is and then add some junk to the site and you're really going to have to slow down evaluate each signal. I love the Equinox but it's also been a little hard for me to run in trash compared to the Deus.

Just last weekend I marked off an area about 20' by 20' that was full of iron and ran the Equinox 600 over it first in Field 2, 5 tones, 0 iron bias, recovery 3 (equal to 6 on 800). Pulled a Great Coat button and a .69 round ball out. Then took the Deus over it running the stock fast program and found an additional eagle cuff button two .52 sharps and a .32 cal round ball. Couldn't believe I missed all that with the Equinox. I've got about 3 more years experience with the Deus though. I don't know if others have the same problem or not but seems like the Equinox in thick iron falses into those mid-tones and makes it hard to hear good signals unless they are laying just right. maybe I need to move up to the 800 so I have more adjustments I can make.
I have never taken a liking to any other Nox audio option other than 50 tones. I usually prefer three or four tone on most machines...just tell me iron, low conductive, and high conductive. If I'm coin hunting I like an added tone for mid conductors. For whatever reason, I think the audio gate sounds more complete with 50 tones on the Nox. The others just seem like they are too compressed/chopped and a lot of audio clues are gone from the signal. I'm just glad we have the option to select to our personal preference.
Abenson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you've got a coin on edge in iron it's going to
> be real hard to see according to that video. It's
> hard enough to evaluate those double tones as it i
> s and then add some junk to the site and you're re
> ally going to have to slow down evaluate each sign
> al. I love the Equinox but it's also been a little
> hard for me to run in trash compared to the Deus.
>
> Just last weekend I marked off an area about 20' b
> y 20' that was full of iron and ran the Equinox 60
> 0 over it first in Field 2, 5 tones, 0 iron bias,
> recovery 3 (equal to 6 on 800). Pulled a Great Coa
> t button and a .69 round ball out. Then took the D
> eus over it running the stock fast program and fou
> nd an additional eagle cuff button two .52 sharps
> and a .32 cal round ball. Couldn't believe I misse
> d all that with the Equinox. I've got about 3 more
> years experience with the Deus though. I don't kno
> w if others have the same problem or not but seems
> like the Equinox in thick iron falses into those m
> id-tones and makes it hard to hear good signals un
> less they are laying just right. maybe I need to m
> ove up to the 800 so I have more adjustments I can
> make.

Something I notice with my 800 unit.
Question.
Is faster recovery like speed 6 on 800 model always the best in iron? This equates to speed 3 on 600 unit btw.
No
Actually speed 5 can make some iron sound a littler gentler, plus tone length and or strength can improve on nonferrous targets vs use of speed 6.
So a 600 model here disadvantaged with having the larger spread speed wise. Speed 2 or 1 likely not practical in iron site.
Have a little video coming here soon.
Will post here in this thread.
Deus using round Hf coil, depending on ID in a junk nonferrous site, with detectorist cherry picking. Big difference vs Nox imo.
Granted Deus May indeed give a tone on nonferrous find in a junk site the Nox with stock coil might not.

ID at distance comparison Deus a Eqx 800
[m.youtube.com]

ID of target when iron is introduced - Deus and EQX 800. Nickle is tilted approx 45 degrees in video.
[m.youtube.com]

Little experiment with Nox noise cancel.
Anfibio dialed to 20 kHz channel 3
Etrac At channel 8
Tarsacci at 9khz in window.
One Deus as close to 15 kHz as I could get.
One Deus as close to 30 kHz as I could get.

[m.youtube.com]

If I didn’t know better Eqx noise cancel being driven mostly by whatever Etrac was transmitting. It seeemd quiet after Nox noise cancel most times.
Anfibio Multi seemed bothered most, most of the time. Reckon it being near 20khz was the reason??

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 01:13AM by tnsharpshooter.