Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Etrac auto sensitivity experiment - Video (performed 23 Apr 2019)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab Etrac auto sensitivity experiment - Video (performed 23 Apr 2019)
April 22, 2019 12:07AM
May try to do tomorrow,
What I want to try is can I see via auto sensitivty number in the window while sweeping the coil go lower when I intentionally introduce some Emi with some of my other detectros turned on and running nearby.
See what happens with no other detectors on, then turn on some detectors.

May try and video. To show folks the actual results.

I think my Etrac will track to 27 in my area sweeping in auto sensitivity.

Probably a safe bet whatever I see would carry over as far as CTX goes. As far as Emi keeping auto Sens in check.(not go as high). That is if this indeed happens. I don’t know for sure.

And will also intentionally run Etrac at a channel that is obviously conflicted (affected) - hearing noise/chatter and sweep and see what happens in auto sensitivty.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 01:32AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Minelab Etrac auto sensitivty experiment - Video (performed 23 Apr 2019)
April 24, 2019 01:30AM
Enjoy the video.
I gave Etrac around 4 minutes when conflicted with EQiunox. Never went any higher than. 21 sens in the window sweeping.
[m.youtube.com]

Some additional info.
Food for thought type info.
Could apply to all fbs and fb2 Detectors.

Scenario.
You and a bud are hunting a site. Both individuals are using fbs/fbs2 type detectors or one is even using an EQX or say another detector that can be switched frequency wise like Anfibio mulit, Deus, etc.
So could it be possible this auto sens, could it sens silent Emi??
Imagine if a Etrac user or CTX user goes to site and immediately goes to manual sensitivty. There is no for lack of a better term here tracking like auto sens provides.
Let’s say youngo to a site you’ve been to previously using fbs/fbs2 type detector and it indeed with auto sens went let’s say to 28 in the window.
But when you go with a bud and they are using their detector and you never go to auto sens to see how high your detector will track after doing noise cancel. You infact go straight to Manual sensivity.
What I am saying it might be a good idea in this situation to first go to auto sens with your noise cancel done and see how high it will go up in auto sensitivty. If it goes high then choose manual sensitivty if you desire.
And if your bud changes freqs, or does another noise cancel it would be nice if they let you know,,and if you do let them know.
How close in proximity folks are detecting obviously will drive the overall possible effects here.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 02:16AM by tnsharpshooter.