Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

15" DD Dismal Air Test results (EMI?)

Posted by Idreamin3D 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
15" DD Dismal Air Test results (EMI?)
June 01, 2011 08:46PM
[www.youtube.com]

Seem like dismal results due to EMI?
Re: 15" DD Dismal Air Test results (EMI?)
June 01, 2011 10:14PM
I just watched the Video .
First if it is EMI it will be be more intense with coil out srtaight to the side
and second i would not expect the EMI to get better with a larger coil at same location.
June 02, 2011 02:33AM
Yes........placing the coil parallel to Earth would mitigate some EMI. Hard to gauge/judge performance with that much EMI. So far...... it looks like the stock 11" DD is about the same performance. Lower EMI 'might' change the numbers.
June 02, 2011 07:32PM
Hard to tell from the video but it also looks like he is sweeping on the lower side of the coil versus the middle area. I have allot of emi issues here and some times I get more depth at lower sens levels using the threshold as a guide. Lowering my gain to where threshold just smooths out. One park I hunt is a nightmare to hunt but its the best one due to age the county fairs and large # of events.
I had High hopes for these coils. I think more controlled tests are in order.
HH
Wish they would build off the Bi-Axial platform
June 03, 2011 04:49PM
instead of the small round and large round they offer ....get into some Bi-Axial configuration's ....

Still think there could be some tuning done to the current designed coil for added performance....

Keith
Re: Wish they would build off the Bi-Axial platform
June 03, 2011 05:39PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> instead of the small round and large round they
> offer ....get into some Bi-Axial configuration's
> ....
>
> Still think there could be some tuning done to the
> current designed coil for added performance....
>
> Keith

I thought this coil was a bi-axial design when I bought it, but it's not, it's a big azz round 15" coil.

I've only had a chance to test it at a couple of parks for a couple of hours each, and nothing is that deep there as I wanted to get a feel for it before going all out for the ultra deepies, but that is exactly what I'll do this weekend. I found a measured 10"+ deep SLQ quarter at the area I'm going to this weekend, and it dates back to the 1860's so who knows what deep silver awaits.

I found that the 15" DD hits MUCH harder on coins then the 11" DD, and the TID is MUCH better/consistent. No issues with EMI at either of these spots, but I wouldn't expect it to be any better at handling EMI then the 11" DD and there may not have been any present where I was hunting.

It'll be interesting to see how it does on it's maiden deep seeker voyage smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 05:41PM by Cal_cobra.
June 23, 2011 04:05PM
I noticed your test setup configuration showed the Sunray FX-1 probe attached and inline with your coil. In my personal experience I have found that my F75 LTD SE runs a bit quieter in an EMI environment when I remove the probe and directly attach the coil wire to the control box. I do not own the 15" coil but I would be very interested to see your personal results with the probe in line for both coils (as you have done) and the probe removed for bench testing both coils. I am in no way discrediting the probe.....it is certainly a well made and valuable tool in the field...it is just my experience that EMI chatter increases with the probe in those situations where EMI has some effect on your response. Thanks for taking the time for the video! This type of documentation is valuable to us all. Hope you might have time to consider doing the "new" test as described.

Thanks again,

FB
June 24, 2011 03:55AM
Sorry Bob, not my video, I found it on Find's forum under the same topic, so I reposted it here. Hopefully I will post an original video one of these days.
Cal......Re: 15" DD Dismal Air Test results (EMI?)
June 24, 2011 04:27AM
Keep us posted on performance. I think I will send a email to Dave J and badger him for First Texas to make a smaller concentric for the T2. They make them for all the other detectors in their lineup. Sometimes DD's are not the best choice.

"Man does not live by DD alone"
TerraDigger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2011 04:28AM by TerraDigger.