Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Seems White’s forum is up

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Seems White’s forum is up
April 28, 2019 12:49PM
I haven’t looked at in detail. Looks like it was purged of all history. Unless I am doing something wrong in looking.
[forums.whiteselectronics.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2019 12:51PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Seems White’s forum is up
April 28, 2019 01:20PM
Looks like they are starting from scratch and all former members need to re-register. Shame all the past posts are gone, some great info there.
But, if you want to see if your permanently banned [forums.whiteselectronics.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 28, 2019 01:20PM
"in the mean time, create a new account and enjoy the forum", grinning smiley LOL, looks like they lost everything. Must have lost the entire server and somebody wasnt doing backups.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
April 28, 2019 01:28PM
silverfiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "in the mean time, create a new account and enjoy
> the forum", grinning smiley LOL, looks like they lost everythin
> g. Must have lost the entire server and somebody w
> asnt doing backups.

In the meantime I’ll be here and not there. Lol

Hope Wild Wally is backing up this site in case something goes wrong.
April 28, 2019 02:25PM
Based on absolutely nothing... I wonder if they were hit by ransomware?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 28, 2019 02:38PM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------M
> Based on absolutely nothing... I wonder if they we
> re hit by ransomware?

Doesn’t matter. If all the older forum data was lost, poor planning on White’s part. Seems like a running theme with them. Notice noone I don’t think came out and stated what happened exactly. Like we’re sorry but all data lost due to xxxx.
It was made out to be a general technical difficulty when they reported on. At least this is how I took what they said.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2019 02:43PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 28, 2019 03:03PM
Looks like they tried to update to Vbulletin 5 and messed up LOL.
April 28, 2019 03:22PM
I don't care what happened. I am just glad there are back up and running. I like Whites and there detectors,glad it is up again.
April 28, 2019 03:55PM
It probably blew up keeping a tally of the Fox's posts. I see he is at 5 now. A great great company. I hope they soon produce an earth shattering detector.
April 28, 2019 06:04PM
It probably blew up keeping a tally of the Fox's posts. I see he is at 5 now. A great great company. I hope they soon produce an earth shattering detector.
April 28, 2019 06:24PM
Although i own 4 Whites machines including the last new TDI Pro in the UK before the battery transportation issues,the best Whites forums of each specific model was on Finds but alas that finished a while back,s rarely if at all post on that forum.At least they are making some form of effort in getting the official forum back up and running again,albeit we dont have a clue how much or if any information has/was lost,but time will see i guess,i doubt that i will join.

If i am honest i dont think Whites Electronics are doing all that well at the moment,i have not heard anything or read anything regarding that,but its just pure gut feeling and nothing else,and once again time will tell but as they had been one of the top brand name in the detecting arena for decades they have not bought anything out mindblowing wise for a very very long time the V3i was probably the last major top flight machine that they launched but even then although it was/is a powerful machine you need a degree in computer studies for getting the maximum results out of it,being so complicated must have stifled sales,and since then other manufactures have over taken them and basically they are just resting on the laurels from the old days,similar situation like Tesoro who have just become a statistic.
April 28, 2019 09:27PM
Great to see they kept the important backups_their many banned members_

Still, cant wait for their new release_

[www.earthscan.co.nz]