Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is this new vista x???

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: What is this new vista x???
June 26, 2019 04:46PM
I fail to believe that DeepTech is giving away detectors. And if they do I suspect they would want the tester to give an honest review. I was the first person to have a Tesoro Outlaw and they did give it to me under the circumstances that I give an honest review all the good and bad. Believe it or not Calabash there are some of us including myself that don't put a lot of faith in your opinions.
June 26, 2019 04:57PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The post on Detectorpospector is copied and pas
> te
> > d there from my X thread from this site a few d
> ay
> > 's after I got it verbatim.[www.dankowskid]
> et
> > ectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,163562,165499#
> ms
> > g-165499 I just copied and pasted to steves site
> r
> > ecently.It was in the X thread I started here.
> >
> > The hundred hours is the newest post on it.
> >
> > But my brick batteries last about 20ish or so t
> he
> > set that came with it lasted past 30 and not eve
> n
> > sure what type they were.
> >
> > Keith
>
>
> Keith blasts "Sherlock" outta da watta.

Quite the contrary doc.
When a person post about a new coming detector they are testing/reviewing I expect the data to be accurate. Turns out the post elsewhere wasn’t. Needs to be updated.

Btw someone else could have been confused.
At least here now they know if they read.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2019 04:59PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 26, 2019 05:05PM
I do love the analog tones I must admit and the modulated audio. I wish it was a little cheaper though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2019 05:11PM by Harold,ILL..
June 26, 2019 05:05PM
Well I guess there goes any chance of Keith sending Ole' Cal his detector to run through his famous test garden. Ha!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2019 05:13PM by Harold,ILL..
June 26, 2019 05:26PM
Calabash

Good luck in your future endeavors on this forum - you might get lucky - maybe lots of folks here think calling members like Keith
Southern a shill - or worse - is just “par for the course”.

I don’t.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 26, 2019 06:31PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> O my I called a living legend out about a machine
> he is PROMOTING … I should beg for forgiveness bef
> ore a lighting bolt comes down and hits me... Ozzi
> e please do let us know how you like your new grea
> t coin machine when you get it.

You called him out? No need to call Keith out...he's always "out"....honest,....a shirt off his back kind of guy........now if he could only spell.

A new machine isn't in my near future...too busy with semi retirement, family, and home projects. I do need to get out, though.
June 26, 2019 06:47PM
calabash digger Wrote:

DANG now I'm a legend...Hey I already have gotten a fan club going a couple years ago now this!!!!!!!Thank you I'm flattered but dont deserve the attention.

I'm sorry you have put so much moxie in my one thread on a forum that its pulled you away from your job and or hunt time to worry so much about a outdated detector in some minds.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

To sift some question you raise.I think I said in the video the disc acts just like any other ID systems so what would you think the Dime would come in at on second disc??.And I know I mentioned here in this post [www.dankowskidetectors.com]

And yes 100% Deeptech gave me a machine to see how it does in the U.S. conditions.BUT they never told me to post about it but wanted my feedback..YET Ive been giving feedback on Deeptechs on the forums for years all the way back to the RG 1000V2.Alway's impressed with them and still am..Ive not hyped the machine to be no more than what it is for ME.Now If my hunting style and what I like to do Bothers you for some reason its out of my control.I keep everything in one thread and if people dont want to look at it it will go away.If a manufacturer asked me to post about a machine on a forum I wouldnt accept the machine to begin with.ITS HAPPENED and I declined.I dont have flashy videos and care about view counts on youtube or have monetized channel.I dont have time or knowledge to make such things and dont have the sites available to me to make finds to impress people on a regular basis.

Whats really funny is now a days I have alot of phone numbers off forum users and we have on going text happening day and even way into the night sometimes and alot of them kept asking about the X and If i had one or was getting one.And there's alot of people who dont post on forums but follow them I mean alot..Its not there thing..But they do want info and believe it or not they use machines really old and love them.

And just because someone isn't talking about a machine doesn't mean its all of a sudden thrown in the trash bin.I use the DTVGG alot I use a Rutus I use a Bandido I use a CZ I use a T2 I use a G2+ all sorts of MakNoks etc etc sold some of my analogs recently as I feel the X can replace those. ..I use things you have.And I always made it abundantly clear the DTVGG only disced to right at foil.So take that with an understanding its an old sites unit and you'll be disappointed in a park yard demo site etc.

I am very passionate about detecting and I'm very passionate about my gear and what works for ME.We are all adults and mostly adult men on forums and if a person cant have or like a unit and discuss it then why have a forum..In awhile the X post will drop down the page and we will talk about something else but ill still use it and if a question happens about it I can answer Ill reply.

If I was pushing the Deeptechs I would tell you where to get them shipped from for very cheap shipping from the factory..BUT out of respect for Toms forum I will not post the link.If Tom tells me its Ok to provide this link then I will provide it .But I dont feel comfortable just doing it.

We are all just trying to have fun and enjoy our pursuit of the love of detecting.The combativeness of my machines is better than your machine is a lost cause from the get go.Be happy enjoying the hobby and have an open mind.The only competition I pursue in the hobby is the sites I hunt..I dont want them to beat me.The stuffs there we have to figure out how to get it just short of sifting with a sifter and shovel.Sifting which I have done always reminds me of like trout fishing I can catch trout all day on a cricket but its alot harder on fake bait and that's the sport and the fun of it.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 26, 2019 06:52PM
I don't remember once in Keith ' s video him saying anything other than his likes or dislikes, or how the machines function in his soil. When he does do side by side comparison s he shows the strengths and weaknesses without trash talk. To bad forums don't have a vote on threads where people could vote If a thread was worthwhile or not and after 24 hours if to many no votes the thread is removed.
June 26, 2019 06:59PM
calabash digger Wrote:

Calatrash, I figured you'd already been hit. Hadn't you "Been there, done that"confused smiley
June 26, 2019 10:27PM
calabash digger Wrote:

Keith Southern---Living legend.

Calabash Digger---Living Legend

Jack the Ripper--Living Legend.

IF you had to be one of the three which would you choose to be??
June 26, 2019 10:33PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> -----
> > Keith Southern Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > The post on Detectorpospector is copied and p
> as
> > te
> > > d there from my X thread from this site a few
> d
> > ay
> > > 's after I got it verbatim.[www.dankowsk]
> id
> > et
> > > ectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,163562,16549
> 9#
> > ms
> > > g-165499 I just copied and pasted to steves si
> te
> > r
> > > ecently.It was in the X thread I started here.
> > >
> > > The hundred hours is the newest post on it.
> > >
> > > But my brick batteries last about 20ish or so
> t
> > he
> > > set that came with it lasted past 30 and not e
> ve
> > n
> > > sure what type they were.
> > >
> > > Keith
> >
> >
> > Keith blasts "Sherlock" outta da watta.
>
> Quite the contrary doc.
> When a person post about a new coming detector the
> y are testing/reviewing I expect the data to be a
> ccurate. Turns out the post elsewhere wasn’t. Ne
> eds to be updated.
>
> Btw someone else could have been confused.
> At least here now they know if they read.

The data presented was/is accurate---one can hardly expect a poster to scurry from forum to forum just to make sure that the time stamp doesn't confuse any "AH Ha's" out there.
June 27, 2019 01:42AM
doc holiday Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> -----
> > O my I called a living legend out about a machin
> e
> > he is PROMOTING … I should beg for forgiveness b
> ef
> > ore a lighting bolt comes down and hits me... Oz
> zi
> > e please do let us know how you like your new gr
> ea
> > t coin machine when you get it.
>
>
> Keith Southern---Living legend.
>
> Calabash Digger---Living Legend
>
> Jack the Ripper--Living Legend.
>
> IF you had to be one of the three which would you
> choose to be??

Calabash should not be in this list . He's not any kind of a legend, living or otherwise
June 27, 2019 02:13AM
This thread will be here.
In time we’ll see if Calabash is correct or not.

If he’s wrong, then folks can have a ball riding him.

Vista Y or Z may come too, then what? Lol

Some folks were running Nox down here and had never used.
Don’t remember folks acting toward them like they are towards Calabash.

What happens if Calabash is right?

Some could be eating crow.

How popular will the detector be? I don’t know.
How hard on average will it be to recover nonferrous targets, having no pinpoint, depth meter, etc.
The detector may indeed locate things.
But the larger group of folks using may find it just too difficult hence go elsewhere.

We’ll see.
Takes more than a few Dankowski members using the detector to make it a success story - big pic wise.
Naturally I could eat crow too.
And I will if need be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 02:33AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 27, 2019 03:23AM
Why would I buy an analog detector for the same price of a digital detector with multi-tones, digital readout, rechargeable, waterproof, multi-frequency? I've been using an analog detectors for 30 years why the hell would I want to go back instead of going forward in technology.
June 27, 2019 03:30AM
You guys are a hoot! Calabash just comes by to throw rocks at you pack of dogs to see which ones get hit and start yelping. If you don't like him or what he writes then why even click on his posts?
June 27, 2019 03:44AM
Ain't this fun!!!---Who's up next??? Huh???winking smiley
June 27, 2019 08:10AM
u2robert Wrote:
> Why would I buy an analog detector for the same pr
> ice of a digital detector with multi-tones, digita
> l readout, rechargeable, waterproof, multi-frequen
> cy? I've been using an analog detectors for 30 yea
> rs why the hell would I want to go back instead of
> going forward in technology.

Exactly X2
June 27, 2019 08:34AM
Keith Southern Wrote:

"We are all adults and mostly adult men on forums and if a person cant have or like a unit and discuss it then why have a forum.."

I think what calabash is saying, is that we need to ask his approval before anyone posts an opinion.

Otherwise if you don't get the "ok" from him, your a shill or biased or completely incompetent and unable to form a honest personal opinion. You would just have to be stupid to like anything he doesn't like..

He's a troll.. nothing more. Stop feeding him. Who cares what he finds.. Who cares what he knows.. Hes went out of his way to insult someone for no good reason and at that a respected member of this community.

Turn him off and just don't respond to him and he'll go away. He's here for the attention.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 08:36AM by Mike C.
June 27, 2019 09:25AM
The purpose of a metal detectors user interface is two-fold.

The first purpose is to allow user control of operating parameters. These include all the well known things like sensitivity, ground balance, discrimination, audio characteristics and visual display characteristics.

The second purpose is to inform the user of what the detector is extracting from the target signal. The extremely faint electric currents induced in the target are processed in the detector and presented to the user by audio or visual means. This target feedback information - through the operator’s ears and eyes has one purpose - to cause a “Change of State” of the operator.

There is no observation unless there is a change in state of the observer.  The energy to change that state comes from the phenomenon being observed.  The energy supplied by the phenomenon to change the state of the observer is no longer part of the phenomenon that was being observed. 

Keith reported that he had good results in specific circumstances with this detector due to its rich audio feedback. The energy given off by in ground targets was analyzed by the detector and presented as a complex audio signal through the headphones. The result was a “change of state” of the operator - Keith. This caused him to either dig or not dig various targets. He was pleased with the results based on his decades of experience hunting similar targets under similar circumstances.

There is nothing to suggest that the largely analog single frequency circuitry resulted in inferior performance to more “advanced” machines utilizing digital signal processing instead of analog hardware signal processing. The absence of any visual user information doesn’t really have any relevance as long as the audio information is “conclusive” - that it caused the correct “change of state” of the operator. In the case of a metal detector it would mean desired targets dug, undesirable targets ID as unlikely to be worth digging.

To better understand where Keith is coming from in his love of a complex audio interface have a look at his post from December 2016 titled “The Future of detector design will be Sonically aimed”

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 04:00PM by lytle78.
June 27, 2019 09:32AM
Thought this was a good post by Ziggy of DeepTech, I enjoy Ziggy's videos.

Hello all...

Im sure this will be heard and hopefully copied and posted in reply to the certain gentleman concerned.

A certain video and post was brought to my attention by a few now so feel I must answer in a way that don’t offend anyone or a sole company.

First of all it looks like you’re on a crusade Calabash to bring down a company for no apparent reason.

I can find faults with most machines on the market and no manufacturers have made the gains I’ve wanted to see in 2019 considering their countless amounts of cash and resources.

It’s very hard to make gains in detecting especially when funds and resources are limited, but for the biggest players on the market all they’re doing is making small improvements and making the machines looks nicer, personally I don’t wear metal detectors like jewellery so don’t really care what the machine looks like, my main focus is performance of a machine and how user friendly it is.

So when you look at let’s say the biggest three metal detecting companies in the world, countless amounts of cash to throw into detector design and technology but only to come up with machines that hardly if anything performs a little better than their previous models.

I feel you need to think hard why you’re throwing stones at a small family run detector company in Europe ??

I’m not getting the violins out for DeepTech but if you knew the facts and figures that these big companies have compared to us I think it might register with you why and where we are in the market at the moment.

We have a great reputation in analog technology, Plamen Rashkov is highly known in the detecting world for his great work and what’s he’s achieved with analog machines.

We have a loyal customer base and produce simple straight forward machines that can offer just as much performance in some cases as the big hitters out there without all the bells and whistles, in many cases for a lot less cash, just because our technology you may feel is dated but isn’t the case really and that our design is not to your taste is your words justified?

when you look at performance gains with analog and digital detectors where is the huge performance gap ?
Was only a few years back that our Vista Warrior in the hands of a well respected individual was the only machine to hit a settled buried hoard... outdated technology you say ??

Our new Vista X we a proud of, it has many new firsts for us with a dual extended discrimination circuit and new design features, this opens up new opportunities that was never an option for our customers before, so to see what I see as an online bully trying to kick a company that have limited resources is sad really, I don’t know why you feel the need to attack us, not once have we or anyone said that our machines are the best on the market or made claims that it will make all other machines obsolete like other companies have!

If we had the cash and resources of these big companies I can tell you now that we would be producing very futuristic machines as we have ambitions and the knowledge to do so.

But for now we try and give the customer new features and be relevant in a very brutal detecting market full of wolves and restrictions with limited cash.

So you must have something against a small family business that is doing what we can when we can to progress and give people the best we can at this point in time.

Please in the future bare this in mind and take a look at what metal gains have been made by these leading companies with endless amounts of cash compared to a small limited family run detector business has done before you talk bad of us and post videos online.

Has their huge amounts of cash and resources made our machines obsolete? Is their digital performance gains massive over our analog machines... I think not!

So what we talking here mm in separation gains ? centimetres in depth depending on soil minerals ?

I’ve personally been out with detectorist and gone over signals and compared many targets and seen the surprise on their faces when they hear the audio compared to their expensive machines, but when you get companies that have advertising budgets that we could only dream of your words have been answered when you ask where are the folks using DeepTech machines.

Should you be happy that these big companies have made hardly any real decent gains if any in some cases over a small European manufacturer that in their own country the laws and red tape makes detecting illegal and hard to move forward as we would like let alone get certain parts shipped on and exported from Bulgaria.

Please next time think before you jump as on the scale of things the high end companies haven’t moved that far forward than us, they just put lipstick on their machines and have the resources and cash to advertise them in every corner of the globe with many employees to shout about them, but we send out a few test machines and then hear your words is sad really.

Many thanks
Aaron
DeepTech Metal Detectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 01:58PM by SkiWhiz.
June 27, 2019 10:13AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> This thread will be here.
> In time we’ll see if Calabash is correct or not.
>
> If he’s wrong, then folks can have a ball riding h
> im.
>
> Vista Y or Z may come too, then what? Lol
>
> Some folks were running Nox down here and had neve
> r used.
> Don’t remember folks acting toward them like they
> are towards Calabash.
>
> What happens if Calabash is right?
>
> Some could be eating crow.
>
> How popular will the detector be? I don’t know.
> How hard on average will it be to recover nonferro
> us targets, having no pinpoint, depth meter, etc.
> The detector may indeed locate things.
> But the larger group of folks using may find it ju
> st too difficult hence go elsewhere"the best detector"
>
> We’ll see.
> Takes more than a few Dankowski members using the
> detector to make it a success story - big pic wise
> .
> Naturally I could eat crow too.
> And I will if need be.

The beef I had has nothing to do on whether Calabash is right or not as far as 'the better detector'. It's who he chooses to insult that got my attention.
June 27, 2019 12:00PM
It might help if actual videos were done of detector in action. And at the very least compare the X model to other deep tech previous released models.

Real live digs.
Show the alternate disc in action in modern trash site.

Are there any better/best preferences headphone wise for the X model??

Are rechargeable batteries an option for the X model.

How does the X model compare balance/weight wise to say warrior model both warrior and X model wearing stock coil?

A nickle sorta lays in the middle size wise for us coins.

So since x model has no depth meter. Some rough estimates of actual detection depth wise for any detection as sensitivity/gain is lowered would be nice.

What position is GB knob at when x mode is balanced over neutral ground?

Does this x model have potential to perform in dirt like Culpeper?

Bottlecaps like 1-3” deep. Is there any audio breakup at all if Coil is swept with perimeter over cap? I did watch the video where bottlecap was swept and talked about some.

How position sensitive if having GB set up to get max depth to near max depth?

How many coil bolts will be given with purchased units?

How sensitive is X model when sweeping when coil is bumped to stubble, etc to give audio falses?

Was this X model detector used/ tested ever in a new site to reviewer/tester?

Yeah these are some questions that would be nice to have answered.

Reading where a person Says a detector fits them. Don’t tell me much really.

Some folks may feel the above comments/questions are insulting or incendiary.
I don’t feel this way. Sorry.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 03:59PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 27, 2019 01:13PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> The purpose of a metal detectors user interface is
> two-fold.
>
> The first purpose is to allow user control of oper
> ating parameters. These include all the well know
> n things like sensitivity, ground balance, discrim
> ination, audio characteristics and visual display
> characteristics.
>
> The second purpose is to inform the user of what t
> he detector is extracting from the target signal.
> The extremely faint electric currents induced in t
> he target are processed in the detector and presen
> ted to the user by audio or visual means. This tar
> get feedback information - through the operator’s
> ears and eyes has one purpose - to cause a “Change
> of State” of the op0erator.
>
> There is no observation unless there is a change i
> n state of the observer.  The energy to change tha
> t state comes from the phenomenon being observed. 
> The energy supplied by the phenomenon to change th
> e state of the observer is no longer part of the p
> henomenon that was being observed. 
>
> Keith reported that he had good results in specifi
> c circumstances with this detector due to its rich
> audio feedback. The energy given off by in ground
> targets was analyzed by the detector and presented
> as a complex audio signal through the headphones.
> The result was a “change of state” of the operator
> - Keith. This caused him to either dig or not dig
> various targets. He was pleased with the results b
> ased on his decades of experience hunting similar
> targets under similar circumstances.
>
> There is nothing to suggest that the largely analo
> g single frequency circuitry resulted in inferior
> performance to more “advanced” machines utilizing
> digital signal processing instead of analog hardwa
> re signal processing. The absence of any visual us
> er information doesn’t really have any relevance a
> s long as the audio information is “conclusive” -
> that it caused the correct “change of state” of th
> e operator. In the case of a metal detector it wou
> ld mean desired targets dug, undesirable targets I
> D as unlikely to be worth digging.
>
> To better understand where Keith is coming from in
> his love of a complex audio interface have a look
> at his post from December 2016 titled “The Future
> of detector design will be Sonically aimed”
>
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,118690

What Rick is saying is that Keith is operating/thinking on a level that is unattainable by some and this inability is manifest by their outbursts.
June 27, 2019 01:42PM
Aaron , we are part of a small family business too. What I said was not a attack on you but rather a observation of your past releases and their track history from what I have seen. Our business is in a town where competition is fierce …… We had to step up our game over the last 5 years to remain competitive . I guess I could cry because the guy next door has more money to advertise and has a fancier joint than we do and tell the tourist we are a small family owned business etc….. but the tourist dont give a crap about that they WANT a good product for their money which we provide.

Here is my advice get in the game or get out of the game...and you better decide which way your gonna go fast ! BTW the small percentage of U.S. detectorist who still want analog knob job detector is not gonna carry your company into the future. Look at Tesoro … I was talking about how far their machines were behind months before they went under.

One more question ...You guys are marketing the Vista X as a coin machine for the U.S hunter.... WHY in the world would you send the only Vista X in the U.S. to a relic hunter??? Show us how that thing performs in American modern trash.....
June 27, 2019 01:52PM
Yeah Doc some of us are not able to think on the elite level....eye rolling smiley All the fancy talk above really baffles me..eye rolling smiley Commonsense must have died in the 70's....trying to market a ole knob job VLF detector in todays market is like trying to sell a horse and cart to someone in place of a car. There are some on this forum who would buy the ole horse and cart if a certain person told them too. Seems like the ability of critical thinking has died here too.

In six months I am gonna pull this thread back up and see how accurate my predictions were.
June 27, 2019 03:12PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Yeah Doc some of us are not able to think on the e
> lite level....eye rolling smiley All the fancy talk above really
> baffles me..eye rolling smiley Commonsense must have died in the
> 70's....trying to market a ole knob job VLF detect
> or in todays market is like trying to sell a horse
> and cart to someone in place of a car. There are s
> ome on this forum who would buy the ole horse and
> cart if a certain person told them too. Seems like
> the ability of critical thinking has died here too
> .
>
> In six months I am gonna pull this thread back up
> and see how accurate my predictions were.

Some men see see things as they are and say,Why---some dream things that never were and say, Why not. Keith is saying the latter.
June 27, 2019 03:33PM
Yeah Doc, like I said I didn’t know how stupid I was until I joined this forum. Lol
Another observation.
First let me say, you give me a new model detector to test.
One of the first things I do is make disc adjustments and see how ferrous whatever reports.
This definitely means I will dig some iron most certainly.
If one will go back in history here one can read where NASA Tom was indeed sharing what he did with one of the Nokta’s Models he tested. Think he said he dug maybe 1000 holes to validate disc settings. [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
Here we have a tester who says he ran unit for 25 hours and didn’t dig any iron. Absolutely amazing if you ask me for a knob disc detector model.
No real mention of varying disc or anything to establish baseline.
Remember this X model different disc arrangement vs prior released deep tech models.

Again just an observation.
I consider myself a practical person who knows just enough about detecting to be dangerous. Lol

PS
I don’t expect a tester to dig 1000 holes to establish disc settings baseline. Ole Mr Dankowski is one of a kind. Very thorough. Notice too seems he’s left handed looking at a few of his pics.
Sharp fella no doubt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 03:48PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 27, 2019 04:05PM
TNSS said:

"I consider myself a practical person who knows just enough about metal detecting to be dangerous."

Probably the most conclusive statement a man could make.
June 27, 2019 04:12PM
Mr. C.

Interesting and not irrelevant comments about the X. HOWEVER,

You seem to have forgotten about the part where you called Keith Southern and presumably other folks around here “shills” or maybe worse.

Your opinion of the detector and your advice for the makers of that machine have about as much relevance as my preferences for fried oysters (but I expect the ones served at your family’s place in Calabash are excellent and good value - we had lots of great seafood last spring on our run up the south Atlantic coast).

You are entitled to question, criticize, opine, complain all you want about machines. Start criticizing your fellow forum members character, honesty and morals up close and personal and you might expect a reaction.

Rick Kempf
June 27, 2019 04:19PM
Thought for a minute I was watching one of those old Happy Days shows.

You know Mr C. Lol

This video might raise one’s IQ - pun
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2019 04:24PM by tnsharpshooter.