Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NEIL JONES BEACH LAND PROGRAM EQUINOX

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NEIL JONES BEACH LAND PROGRAM EQUINOX
June 28, 2019 05:29PM
Testing it out of a few targets...neil jones program
Re: NEIL JONES BEACH LAND PROGRAM EQUINOX
June 28, 2019 07:13PM
It's frustrating to watch you do those one way swings.The way you do it, each single pass will be a little different in relation to the target. You might be right on with one pass and just slightly off center on the next one. You can't get an accurate signal comparison doing it that way.

The proper way would be to swing back and forth over the target while at the same time trying to make the signal sound as good as possible. That makes everything equal.
June 28, 2019 07:46PM
Yeah but in real world detecting your more than likey moving forward on your swings and you would only have one shot at it anyway. SO the one way swing coming over the nail first is just me trying to show which one might have the greatest odds of hitting it first time over. It also shows which one is more forgiving on swing speed and target location in relation to the coil position.
June 28, 2019 09:03PM
I see. Thanks for explaining.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2019 10:04PM by Badger in NH.
June 28, 2019 10:18PM
Calabash Neil's beach for land program setting is 5 on recovery speed not 3 he says to change your recovery speed according to your detecting needs
June 29, 2019 12:02AM
What is it that program is suppose to do that the others don't?
June 29, 2019 01:50AM
Neil Jones, tell Calabash when i use my settings i have it on zero bis and speed 1 and full sensitivity.
And with me its all about exagerating and amplifying the signals.
Slow speed in iron even for high conductors is very important.
Slower than he was showing.
June 29, 2019 01:58AM
You use recovery 1 in iron.
June 29, 2019 02:21AM
I went with the settings I was sent ….will do further testing. I run higher recovery speeds. Neil says U.S hunters are hunting in iron the wrong way. I get a slower recovery speed for a coin hunter in cleaner ground but he is hunting that way in thick iron. Totally opposite of the way I have learned to hunt thick iron.
June 29, 2019 02:51AM
This video here could give some clues. As far as using beach mode for land.
Don’t want to say much more. I might get accused of tutoring. Lol

[m.youtube.com]

Btw,
Neil says folks not using EQX the right way.
There is no wrong way.
Really the problem is you can’t hunt a site using one detect mode, or one set of settings and call the site EQX depleted for signals.
Way too many scenarios that can exist.
And one setup of EQX May be the one to strike or strike better.

As evidenced btw by what Minelab put on detector for detect modes. They are different. Some targets along with their scenarios a user won’t hear much difference. You keep checking targets in the wild p, you’ll eventually see (hear) some differences.

When EQX sounds off. Don’t be to quick to render ferrous. Will bite you!! Especially while using blue tooth headphones. Wanna have some fun. When in sites with abundant iron, Try crosschecking what you think are borderline to iffy signals located with field and or park detect modes using prospecting 1 mode. Listen. Be sure to have proper GB dialed in though. You’ll find this VERY educational. And will help you understand park and field modes better as far as tones go, what you are hearing.

PS
In case some folks forgot.
NASA Tom I think commented here on this forum about using beach mode on land.

Here’s is at least one post entry of his on this subject.
Copied. From the following thread [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> martygene........ let me see if I can get into tro
> uble with this one. Yes..... you are correct. But.
> ........ almost completely/unsuspectingly...... Be
> ach Mode-2 is deepest/best Mode for silver dimes/q
> uarters...... as Beach Mode-2 utilizes the lowest
> grouping of Freq's on the entire platform. A very
> discrete/finite/precise (variables removed) test-g
> arden will reveal this. Dirt mineralization/condit
> ions 'might' alter this data. For dirt hunting....
> . you will find that you will use Park-1, Field-1
> & Beach-2 more-so for EMI mitigation...... assumin
> g utilization of higher Sens settings. If you can
> 'get away' with using Beach Mode-2 whilst inland..
> .. this will be the better choice. Don't be afraid
> to use a 'beach' mode.... for inland hunting.

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2019 03:31AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 29, 2019 02:52AM
Have detected with Neil a few times over the years and without doubt he is a top flight detectorist,his forum/s user name is 'Slow and Low' and that is exactly how he detects and consistently finding items......of course here in the UK our finds are alot different too what most folks detect across the pond.We would never think of knocking out things like silver foil as that is usually the range that our 'silver hammered coins' come in at,also gold can come in very near the iron range.......main reason being is that our long history our coinage and also artifacts that are made of gold and silver can vary by a massive margin content wise,its not until recently that a gold standard came into being.....this is why we tend not to rely on TID and rely more on audio.

Of course Neils settings are very popular in the UK but may not work not only across the pond but also any other part of the planet,i dont personally use those settings as i use my own on my permission/s and also my desired targets.

These settings/programmes that high profile folks on the internet have give 'interesting names' too are in my mind just suggested guideline settings,they may or may not work for you,no such thing as one set of magical settings that will work for everyone and every location,folks in Aussie land use a total different technique and equipment and targets to say folks in the UK and US.,its what works for you.
June 29, 2019 10:43AM
Think about what was said ..... for you beach hunters. Beach 2...... IN the salt water, REDUCED power (maybe half)...... salt setting..... lower sensitivity..... and as stated, "utilizes the lowest grouping of Freq's on the entire platform"..... yet you want to find fine chains and small gold. They need to work on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2019 10:45AM by dewcon4414.
June 29, 2019 11:58AM
I was wondering about that too. I noticed the reduced power light come on in park one when I fired it up in the house. Anybody had that happen when using the beach program in thick iron???
June 29, 2019 12:35PM
I was talking about beach 2.... manual says its working with reduced power....not the triangle. AND..... lets just throw in the RED TRIANGLE you mentioned. MORE reduced power should it come on in the salt water. What we have seen a large target can turn it on. Well in the salt water..... it WONT go off unless you raise the coil out of the water for a few seconds. It will out of the water thou. So be aware of that.... and look carefully occasionally. Its supposed to be a black sand issue..... but i dont have that issue here..... its large targets. Others may.
June 29, 2019 01:16PM
Junk and Disorderly ……. VERY well stated.
For what it's worth...….. I find myself utilizing Park-1 with Target Recovery Response of 1 or 2 or 3...…. in carpets of nails. (This is assuming I do not have my XP GMP with 9" coil...… and -deliberately- not the smaller coil).
June 29, 2019 03:14PM
I did a few more test today showing the lower recovery speeds verse the higher ones.
June 29, 2019 03:28PM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have detected with Neil a few times over the years
> and without doubt he is a top flight detectorist,h
> is forum/s user name is 'Slow and Low' and that is
> exactly how he detects and consistently finding it
> ems......of course here in the UK our finds are al
> ot different too what most folks detect across the
> pond.We would never think of knocking out things l
> ike silver foil as that is usually the range that
> our 'silver hammered coins' come in at,also gold c
> an come in very near the iron range.......main rea
> son being is that our long history our coinage and
> also artifacts that are made of gold and silver ca
> n vary by a massive margin content wise,its not un
> til recently that a gold standard came into being.
> ....this is why we tend not to rely on TID and rel
> y more on audio.
>
> Of course Neils settings are very popular in the U
> K but may not work not only across the pond but al
> so any other part of the planet,i dont personally
> use those settings as i use my own on my permissio
> n/s and also my desired targets.
>
> These settings/programmes that high profile folks
> on the internet have give 'interesting names' too
> are in my mind just suggested guideline settings,t
> hey may or may not work for you,no such thing as o
> ne set of magical settings that will work for ever
> yone and every location,folks in Aussie land use a
> total different technique and equipment and target
> s to say folks in the UK and US.,its what works fo
> r you.

Yeah I get that there are no magical settings. I tested those settings today on some Roman coins , Colonial era gold, 1800s U.S small silver, and a piece of mall hammered silver. BTW I dig everything here on my relic sites. I was asked to take a look at the Jone s program by another forum member .I had never even heard of it till he asked me about it.

I am not into magical programs because what I found out is there are trade offs to all programs and they should be adjusted to the site or sites you are hunting at the time.