Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Silver value of the coins we find...

Posted by PulltabPirate 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Silver value of the coins we find...
June 09, 2011 01:58AM
Below is a list of the Silver value of many of the coins us shooters are looking for. This is not "Numismatic" value, but Silver content value. List is courtesy of the White's monthly newsletter... Guy's, the USA now owes over 62 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities which equates to over $534,000 PER HOUSEHOLD! ALL debts must be paid. The writing is on the wall for the US Economy and the value of the dollar! My point... If you're not finding silver, I sure hope your buying and HOLDING it!! God Bless!

Nickel 1942-1945 $0.05 $2.0654
Mercury Dime 1916-1945 $0.10 $2.6556
Roosevelt Dime 1946-1964 $0.10 $2.6556
Standing Liberty Quarter 1916-1930 $0.25 $6.6389
Washington Quarter 1932-1964 $0.25 $6.6389
Walking Liberty Half Dollar 1916-1947 $0.50 $13.2779
Franklin Half Dollar 1949-1963 $0.50 $13.2779
Kennedy Half Dollar 1964 $0.50 $13.2779
Half Dollar (40% Silver) 1965-1970 $0.50 $5.4292
Morgan Dollar 1878-1921 $1.00 $28.3934
Peace Dollar 1921-1935 $1.00 $27.9366
Eisenhower Dollar (40% Silver) 1971-1976 $1.00 $11.6090 (Keep your eyes out for these still in circulation!!)

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
Re: The Silver value of the coins we find...
June 09, 2011 02:02AM
Here is a great link that is updated every thirty minutes based on the silver market.
This is what a lot of sellers use to set their spot price.

[www.coinflation.com]

Tom in SC
June 09, 2011 03:00AM
Why?

You can't eat it? You can't wear it? Won't keep you warm, or fed.

Good thing to have, but I think it's true value is way overrated.
June 09, 2011 03:14AM
You can barter with it. You can exchange it for the NEXT currency that will replace the dollar. (This is already in the works) Unless you live on your own land, grow ALL your own food & are 100% self sufficient, you will need a medium of exchange. Hmmm... Worthless greenbacks or what people have been using for the last 5000 years? Silver & Gold! Over-rated? Really??

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
June 09, 2011 04:23AM
When the intrinsic value of a silver coin TRUMPS the numismatic value........something has gone wrong.

You can not eat silver/gold...........but it sure is much easier to carry and barter with......lets say...to buy a car...........instead of offering 1000 bushels of corn or wheat. Coins are more 'portable'..............and have been recognized for thousands of years...............and for good reason....by no accident. Imagine if you were a hog farmer...........had no silver/gold.................and wanted to buy a new tractor. How many hogs would it take to purchase a new tractor. AND...........does the tractor salesman/dealer want 200 hogs? I think silver/gold "talks" a better language. History has irrefutably proven/validated such matters. Do not take this lightly. The easiest means for 'commerce' ................and in a language that everyone can understand...............is silver/gold..............as per United States Constitution. Imagine if your cash register was loaded with 1000 bushels of wheat, 200 hogs, 200 cows........and 550,000 pencils. How would you make or give change to the next customer.
June 09, 2011 05:18AM
As Tom stated..it's portability. Actually, its a mathematical based method for human transactions. Money (in its various portable forms) is a common denominator. That is its sole purpose. In almost every culture throught history, there have been objects that served as a common denominator for transactions. In the last few thousnad years, gold, silver, precious jewels. Oil could be, but for its lack of portability. Although, in commerce amongst industrialized nations, oil holds the same value/power as the preceding items mentioned.
June 09, 2011 11:50AM
It is my opinion that the best 'investment' to protect yourself against a total economic collapse is guns and ammo with an emphasis on ammo. I read a bumper sticker back in 2000 that read: "Ammo, the currency of the New Millenia". I thought it was funny, then along came BHO, now I see it is prophetic.
June 09, 2011 01:47PM
Just to clarify -- a "common" Eisenhower dollar is not 40% silver. There were some "collector's versions" which were struck with 40% silver, but the normal, circulated coins are cu/ni coins. The "silver-containing" special coins all have "s" mint marks on them...

Steve
June 09, 2011 05:14PM
[www.coinflation.com]

I suspect some folks get confused around the early Ike dollars thinking the normal circulated ones were all 40%'ers like the early Kennedy halves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2011 05:18PM by BuckeyeBrad.
June 10, 2011 03:48AM
PulltabPirate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guy's, the USA now owes over 62 TRILLION in
> unfunded liabilities which equates to over
> $534,000 PER HOUSEHOLD! ALL debts must be paid.
> The writing is on the wall for the US Economy and
> the value of the dollar! My point... If you're not
> finding silver, I sure hope your buying and
> HOLDING it!! God Bless!

Pulltab Pirate, there may be things we disagree on, but this isn't one of them. You make a very true (and scary) point.
June 10, 2011 07:44PM
@ Marcomo - I've never wanted to be dead wrong more in my life but if I am, a lot of very sharp folks (Sharper than I) will be wrong too! Let's hope we all are!

June 10, 2011 09:29PM
I heard on the radio today China... who we owe a fortune to... wants to raise the interest rate on the money they have loaned us. Reason being our solution to this mess
is to just print more money. Of course this just devalues the dollar even more and hurts all of us. By the end of the year the American dollar may very well be no longer
the world standard. Get ready to get our asses handed to us if that happens.
June 11, 2011 06:58AM
this is essentially correct!.with the dollar taking a "hit" on the world's markets,
and the dollar increasingly becomes devalued,eventually all commodities will be "cost prohibitive",and "anarchy" will ensue.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 12, 2011 05:08AM
I agree with the seriousness of the posts of this thread yet there are times even when
humor can have truth.
I found some quotes made by the late George Carlin, for me, it doesn't matter whether
I believed like he did, his stuff was funny.
These I picked are mostly about government.

George Carlin:

"36. When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.
55. In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem.
63. The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
72. Whoever coined the term “Buyer Beware” was probably bleeding from the ...
77. The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.
83. If a man smiles all the time, he’s probably selling something that doesn’t work.
85. Most of the time people feel okay. Probably it’s because at the moment they’re not actually dying.
89. When you think about it, attention-deficit order makes a lot of sense. In this country there isn’t a lot worth paying attention to.
94. Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff."

"I have certain rules I live by. My first rule: I don't believe anything the government tells me."

"The government doesn't lie, it engages in disinformation."

......"That's all we've ever had in this country, is a bill of temporary privileges. And if you read the news even badly, you know that every year the list gets shorter and shorter. You see all, sooner or later. Sooner or later, the people in this country are gonna realize the government does not give a ---- about them! The government doesn't care about you, or your children, or your rights, or your welfare or your safety. It simply does not give a ---- about you! It's interested in its own power. That's the only thing. Keeping it and expanding it wherever possible."
June 12, 2011 10:19AM
Carlin was genius and what a memory he had. Steve, where did you get those quotes?, I see there numbered. Number 94, thats a Carlin classic. He had a way of removing all the glitz and the fluff that us humans tend to padd around ourselves. Thanks for the quotes.
June 12, 2011 05:14PM
I picked them off the web. 101 quotes.
Like this one.
[boldwords.blogspot.com]

Here is another with excerpts from his various works.
[en.wikiquote.org]

using golf courses to build housing for the homeless, haha........
June 15, 2011 08:47AM
June 15, 2011 11:58AM
Good video capture.
June 23, 2011 12:20AM
I know this is a detectorists forum, but it's the only place I converse with people around the country, actually around the world.

I just read about this because a friend asked me to take a look at it and so I wanted to share it with the people I relate to. Google "Freedom Advocates" and read about "Agenda 21". This is what our govt has in progress and it started years ago. Left wing or right, republican or democrat, dosn't matter. Please check it out, our America is at stake.

Any takers? any comments?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 04:17PM by ozzie.