Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I think i am going back to my MXT and got a ???

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I think i am going back to my MXT and got a ???
July 16, 2019 04:14AM
What would be the best big coil for the MXT to go a little deeper? I have the 9.5 and 6x10. What after market coil, not to heavy, but will go deeper. Thanks flintstone
Re: I think i am going back to my MXT and got a ???
July 16, 2019 06:32AM
Try the 10x12 SEF or the Ultimate 13. I have both for my MXT and they are good coils that will go deep. The U13 probably goes a tiny bit deeper, but the 10x12 SEF gets a little better separation at depth. The difference between them is very slight though, as they both perform very similarly. You can't go wrong with either one.
July 16, 2019 09:58PM
I have a Spectra Series D2 search coil for sale. The D2 is deeper than my SEF 8" x 6" and the 950 but I like my SEF 8" x 6" search coil better since I mainly hunt smaller trashier sites.

tabman
July 16, 2019 11:18PM
Ultimate 13 .....get good headphones, as the MXT has that modular audio that you can't turn off...so you can hear those faint whisper signals.
July 17, 2019 01:06AM
Flint,

I have a Ultimate 13 I can send your way if you want to try it out. Just ship it back the same way I ship...USPS priority.

I sniffed out some deep V Nickles with that thing....it's a great coil.

John
July 17, 2019 03:38PM
Therover, I think you so much for your offer, but if something would happen to it I would feel bad. would you sell it. I would like to try it. I have the Deus, and about used it about 41/2 years, and was thinking about going to my MXT to see if I missed anything. I have the 6x10 coil for the MXT, was told it didn't get much depth. I got a MXT when Whites first came out wit it, and have a lot of rings I have got with it. When Whites stopped making the MXT I got a new demo MXT just to have a back up. MXT was one of the best detectors ever made to me, maybe it just I used it all the time and learned it very well. Thanks so much for the offer. Dean Stone AKA flintstone
July 17, 2019 05:46PM
FYI = Dave Johnson is the creator of the MXT
July 17, 2019 07:58PM
Dean,

Can't sell it. Was just offering if you wanted to try it. I hear you in terms of not wanting to take that chance.

I would recommend that coil though. It's a good one. The Whites 5.3, SEF 8x8 and the Ultimate 13 are the 3 coils I use on my MXT Pro. All are great coils in my opinion and cover most all applications.
July 17, 2019 07:59PM
Dean,

Can't sell it. Was just offering if you wanted to try it. I hear you in terms of not wanting to take that chance.

I would recommend that coil though. It's a good one. The Whites 5.3, SEF 8x6 and the Ultimate 13 are the 3 coils I use on my MXT Pro. All are great coils in my opinion and cover most all applications.
September 23, 2019 04:03PM
i have a 8x6 and it fees great also can hit a 12 silver quater in heavy mineralized soil
September 23, 2019 04:53PM
juit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i have a 8x6 and it fees great also can hit a 12 s
> ilver quater in heavy mineralized soil

That's some going, I'd like to see that.