Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I was just curious....

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I was just curious....
June 11, 2011 06:12PM
Re: I was just curious....
June 11, 2011 07:27PM
I did a similar experiment with the F75 LTD and the 5" coil not too long ago at an old park. I did find a few coins but the number of pull tabs and twist tops I recovered was mind boggling. I liken it to trying to read or watch TV while wearing mud covered glasses.
I have done more relic hunting this year than coin/jewelry hunting but that just means that the blanket is made of nails rather than pull tabs. I have all but abandoned the TID machines while relic hunting in favor of the Nautilus DMC-IIb. I set it up to reject nails and dig everything that gives a smooth response.

I would love to have the time and energy to remove the soil layer by layer the way Tom does but my wife insists that she and my kids take priority over anything I might dig.
The upside is that no one else hunts the sites I frequent so other than the inevitable sink rate, the targets aren't going anywhere. In a couple of years the kids will be off to college and I will find a way to drive my wife crazy so that she'll want me out of her hair more often and I'll be able to take the time to properly remove the mask and see what lies underneath. Until then, I'll take what I can get.
Neugene.....Re: I was just curious....
June 11, 2011 08:38PM
"In a couple of years the kids will be off to college and I will find a way to drive my wife crazy so that she'll want me out of her hair more often"

I have always admired people with a Plan............lol
Re: I was just curious....
June 12, 2011 07:52PM
Those nauty's might be heavy ,But they have one of the sweetest deep tones of any detector made! There rite up their with the deep silver warble of the minelab machines.