Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Very limited detecting this year

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Very limited detecting this year
August 02, 2019 03:24PM
So in June, my hunting partner, my father, went in for open heart surgery. I have had NO motivating to detect due to everything that is going on. Yesterday, he felt well enough to get out and do some detecting. This is the first time I have went in months. We went to a place that has been pounded. We found the usual stuff, but I had a high 32-34 on the Nox. I pointed it out to my dad who swooped in to dig it up and grab the glory!

He found what looked like a penny and gave it to me. it ended up being a 1916 Mexican boarder service USNG lapel pin(no shank).

pin

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
Re: Very limited detecting this year
August 02, 2019 08:10PM
Pops is back at it, glad to hear all went well......got your hunting buddy back...good deal!
August 02, 2019 09:05PM
Sounds good Beyonder. Hopefully you and your dad will get many more outings in the future.
August 04, 2019 03:31AM
there are no finer people then my Mom and Dad. I only wish I was something they could be proud of.

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
August 04, 2019 11:28AM
Bey, if your a respectable man and are there when they need you and considerate towards them...they will be proud. If your dad didn't enjoy being around you, you'd be detecting alone. Being proud of someone comes in many ways.