Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tom, best spot for fossils and sharks teeth????

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
tom, best spot for fossils and sharks teeth????
June 15, 2011 01:31PM
any great beach spots from titusville south to ......... ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 01:32PM by seeker41.
Re: tom, best spot for fossils and sharks teeth????
June 16, 2011 02:35PM
This is a 'seasonal' (or a storm) question. Usually.................in general................due to a off-shore shelf..........Patrick Air Force base (South Cocoa Beach)........produces the greatest possibility; yet, the 'window'....timing.......I do not track. I have witnessed times when you could not find a shell/tooth....or anything on the beach,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......................then...........there were times that you needed thick-soul shoes on the beach ... due to SEVERAL inches thick of shells/bones/teeth on this beach. It is directly across the street from Patrick Air Force base.
June 17, 2011 02:17AM
Seeker

Another real good place is off Venice Beach on the Gulf Coast. Several members of my club frequent the area and one in particular brings in the shark teeth by the hundreds, many of which are in the 2" to 6" range. There are numerous other fossils brought in from the area. I gave up diving 25 years ago so I just get to see the results and miss out on the going and doing!

Wally
June 18, 2011 02:33PM
Ive got a home in the Englewood Isles area between Englewood and Venice.... great place to do that kind of hunting... BUT its what 3 hours away from the East coast? There are people that set up out there all day at the Englewood or Manasota beaches digging in and out of the water.

Dew