Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GPX 4500

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GPX 4500
September 01, 2019 01:31AM
If any of you Gents hunt relics with a GPX 4500 could you tell me how it does in a trashy site.
Re: GPX 4500
September 02, 2019 09:19AM
No one replied so I' may as well break the bad news to you...it'd be crap. Don't even think about it. And that would refer to both 'modern' and 'old' sites - just can't handle the iron and the AUDIO would drive you bonkers!
September 02, 2019 12:43PM
The Mighty Daniel does. He knows it like the back of his hand. It can bust through that ole' hot ground he has
September 02, 2019 12:51PM
Hello Bill,

When I was able to swing the GPX for long periods, for both open terrain relic and iron laced sites. Had very good results, using both elliptical Comander DD coil and 11” DD. This was up in gold county hunting settlements with iron, and down in the valley pre-1850 sites laced with iron. GPX 5000, I don’t think it’s all that different from GPX 4500.

Recently, Had knee surgery. Plan on using the GPX when knee is fully healed, GPX is my no. 1 Relic detector. Then the Tarsacci, then 3rd the Equniox.

There have been times hunting in an iron laced site, the GPX pulled out deep conductive targets from beneath layers of iron. A good PI, under right conditions can see through this masking of iron. Patience,determination and skill the GPX can hunt in iron.

Good luck,
Paul
September 02, 2019 03:53PM
You can learn to hunt with most any machine in most conditions.....but it takes a whole of of digging to get to that LEARNED stage especially with a deep machine
September 02, 2019 04:25PM
Hunt in iron with my GPX as well. For relic hunting I use the GPX quit often in addition to the Dues and Equinox. It pulls those deeper target the VLF misses. It does take patience but it can be done. Best if you have many hours on the GPX in better conditions though.
September 02, 2019 05:20PM
...s'Funny but, when I was Training people how to use the GPX' series, I used take them to 'iron contaminated farm fields, both in stubble and pasture'
They were 'usually' 'au-fait' with it after one session...it was [ generally ] easy to hear the iron by that [ double bong and null out hiccup ] and to hear the [ gentle ] Threshold rise for tiny 'breeches' buttons, coins and other such stuff!

But I wouldn't attempt to cover farmland with a GPX [ UNLESS ] I was on to [ a cache ] ...