Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

There is a 'New' Golden uMax new tones for sale on the depot if anyone is interested.

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
There is a 'New' Golden uMax new tones for sale on the depot if anyone is interested.
September 10, 2019 03:41PM
Good chance to get one that hasn't had all the internal pots turned this way and that.

HH
Mike
Re: There is a 'New' Golden uMax new tones for sale on the depot if anyone is interested.
September 11, 2019 06:06PM
They are at least a inch hotter IMO then old tones. And just looked at it that's a heck of a deal NOS and a Cleansweep coil too. I wish I had the extra cash as would pick it up as a second to mine. These are great little coinshooters and jewelry hunters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2019 06:18PM by Harold,ILL..
Re: There is a 'New' Golden uMax new tones for sale on the depot if anyone is interested.
September 11, 2019 06:41PM
Is this on eBay? I looked but couldn't spot it.

-Ken
September 11, 2019 08:45PM
The Treasure Depot
September 11, 2019 09:07PM
Ah, thanks!

-Ken
September 12, 2019 05:41PM
I think Ole' Del snagged it? That's was a heck of a deal and he even dropped the price.
September 12, 2019 05:55PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think Ole' Del snagged it? That's was a heck of
> a deal and he even dropped the price.

Nah, this is "Ole Del" and I didn't snag it---probably should have---but I have such a love affair goin on with the ORX at the moment.smiling smiley------I think the guy that inquired about it was Don out there in Beaverton, OR.----He might have been wanting to trade something though---it might still be for sale.------Better grab it Harold---you got deep pockets!thumbs down
September 12, 2019 06:03PM
Hombre should get it as he never tried a New tone model.
September 12, 2019 06:21PM
harold! can i tell him i know you?..maybe he'll take $500.00 shipped!
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 12, 2019 10:26PM
I don't know the Man selling it but I bet he would take it.
September 12, 2019 10:36PM
don't cost nuthin' to think about it!
probably would go for $450.00.only one way to find out!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 12, 2019 10:51PM
It's SOLD!!!----You're going to be kicking yourself from now on every time you think of the GREAT deal you missed out on Ole Harold!sad smiley
September 13, 2019 01:11AM
Ole' Cal should have bought it and ran it through his famous test garden.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 01:12AM by Harold,ILL..
September 13, 2019 03:16AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> It's SOLD!!!----You're going to be kicking yoursel
> f from now on every time you think of the GREAT de
> al you missed out on Ole Harold!sad smiley

happy for the guy who got it! may he have good luck with it always!
can't speak for harold,but i kinda believe he is happy for him too!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 13, 2019 03:19AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Ole' Cal should have bought it and ran it through
> his famous test garden.

nahhh! he would say it was "defective!"
ole' cal ain't gonna let no "tesoro" whup his butt!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 13, 2019 02:59PM
Yes the only reason it lasted as long as it did is some are gun shy with Tesoro out of business. But these old analogs can run trouble free for years and you don't have to worry about a digital screen going out.
The only thing I have ever heard having to be fixed on a Golden is the toggle switch being replaced which is a easy fix.
And still many people around who can fix them if need be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 03:05PM by Harold,ILL..
I think the Golden was special for Tesoro due to the multi tones. I had a pretty new one 5 years back or so but it got like 3" depth, just terrible. I sold it at a loss.

I bet in the future you will have a machine come out that can sound like your favorite nostalgic machine and have a matching "screen" (digital) to boot! lol.

Any of you remember those Atari 2600's from the late 70's / early 80's? Now you can buy one with all the games or get the games as one program on your computer. Who will do that with a detector?
September 13, 2019 03:11PM
If it only got 3" on coin type targets you had a bad unit in need of repair.
I dig 9" coins with mine with the proper high tone. But I have the New tone model which is at least a inch hotter and a hot one at that. I also use the 8" Brown donut coil which is much better than the stock coil that comes with it. It's not only a hotter coil but does not mix the tones like the stock coil which is junk IMO.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 03:15PM by Harold,ILL..
September 13, 2019 03:29PM
The Golden uMax depth is affected by 1) Ground balance setting, 2) Threshold setting, 3) Disc setting, and 4) Battery charge. Properly tuned with a fresh battery and a 9" dime will high tone in good ground.

I thought about it but decided it was too high priced for a dead company's lost technology. That said, I'm sure the person that bought it will enjoy it. It is a good detector.

HH
Mike
September 13, 2019 03:33PM
Shoot, I'd be scared of buying an out of production Tesoro just because they are notorious for having hot and cold units. I wouldn't buy one sight unseen or without a way to test it out first.
September 13, 2019 03:41PM
Yes, I can see your concern Daniel.
I bought mine off a forum member and knew it was a hot one so did not mind paying up for it.
I am the same way with CZ-3D's as will never buy another one unless I can get it in my hands first and run a few test to make sure it is not only hot but the old coin enhanced mode works as it should.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 03:49PM by Harold,ILL..
September 13, 2019 04:37PM
I think the hot and cold Tesoro's are the ones with no ground balance and the internal ground balance is set negative or positive from the factory determines how hot or cold they are. As an example the Lobo ST is mild on depth. Turn the internal ground balance negative and it becomes a hot detector.
September 13, 2019 04:58PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> If it only got 3" on coin type targets you had a b
> ad unit in need of repair.
> I dig 9" coins with mine with the proper high tone
> . But I have the New tone model which is at least
> a inch hotter and a hot one at that. I also use th
> e 8" Brown donut coil which is much better than th
> e stock coil that comes with it. It's not only a h
> otter coil but does not mix the tones like the sto
> ck coil which is junk IMO.

Ole Harold------Rusty Henry said that 8" donut coil was his favorite (best) coil that Tesoro ever made.-----Better keep that unit you got--sounds like you got a good 'un!----------Del
September 13, 2019 05:05PM
Rusty is rite as tried many a coil on the Golden and it is by far the best on depth and separation. I even tried the much praised Shadow Super 7 coil and not even close to the 8" Brown donut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 05:06PM by Harold,ILL..
September 13, 2019 07:07PM
All you need is the 8" & 5.75 concentric coils.
September 13, 2019 07:33PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
> All you need is the 8" & 5.75 concentric coils.

Yep that is exactly what I have. That 5.75" coil is a little hottie too. I found a War Nickel with it over 8". That's good for a coil that small.
September 13, 2019 08:36PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Rick, N. MI Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All you need is the 8" & 5.75 concentric coils.
>
>
> Yep that is exactly what I have. That 5.75" coil i
> s a little hottie too. I found a War Nickel with i
> t over 8". That's good for a coil that small.

Sell me your Golden Ole Harold!thumbs down
September 13, 2019 10:07PM
Oh I know Harold. My modded Lobo ST w/ 5.75 concentric hits good on my 10" test dime. Any detector I get has to do as good or better than my Lobo or I don't want it.

That 8" concentric coil is incredible water hunting. I haven't seen many that can sweep thru the water like that coil.
September 14, 2019 12:34AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If it only got 3" on coin type targets you had a
> b
> > ad unit in need of repair.
> > I dig 9" coins with mine with the proper high to
> ne
> > . But I have the New tone model which is at leas
> t
> > a inch hotter and a hot one at that. I also use
> th
> > e 8" Brown donut coil which is much better than
> th
> > e stock coil that comes with it. It's not only a
> h
> > otter coil but does not mix the tones like the s
> to
> > ck coil which is junk IMO.
>
>
> Ole Harold------Rusty Henry said that 8" donut coi
> l was his favorite (best) coil that Tesoro ever ma
> de.-----Better keep that unit you got--sounds like
> you got a good 'un!----------Del

Yep the feller' I bought it from said it was the hottest Golden uMax on the planet and I believe him.
Thanks for the comments guys re my old Golden. Wish I had tried for a repair but being in Germany made that tough (I thought.) Would have been incredible having a 9" deep Golden. Now just a 1 detector man.