Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

There is a 'New' Golden uMax new tones for sale on the depot if anyone is interested.

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thanks Mike for the heads up on the Golden uMax, I was the one who purshased it from the seller.

Finally, spent some time with it. This ones a good one good depth and nothing has been adjusted, and is in new condition the seller mentioned it had never been taken outside. He was not kidding, this unit is brand new. A little on the positive side of GB, air test a dime at 8.5” and will probably go further running a little more negative GB.

I may add a manual GB, in the future. For now, will get reacquainted with the Golden in the coming weeks ahead.

Currently running the 8” donut coil, the spoke coil and sweep speed coil that came with the unit are brand new.

Thanks again for sharing this from the other forum, it’s a keeper!

Paul

Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good chance to get one that hasn't had all the int
> ernal pots turned this way and that.
>
> HH
> Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2019 08:50PM by Apolonio (CA).
Re: There is a 'New' Golden uMax new tones for sale on the depot if anyone is interested.
September 28, 2019 04:53PM
Sounds like it's a goodun'.
Hello Harold,

This particular Golden uMax is showing signs of a hot unit, although preset GB is a little positive it’s still showing good depth. The seller never hunted with it, Auctually was hanging on the wall with the spoke coil and the original battery was included retaining full charge. I made an offer, Seller counter offered I thought about it that night and next day agreed to his counter. Being the great fellow he is, Seller reduced price even after I had agreed to his counter offer. Overall, brand new Golden with new spoke coil and brand new CleanSweep coil it was a great deal.

The CleanSweep coil is a coil I’m not familiar with, only that others using them enjoy the coverage. I’ll probably end up selling it I don’t know. Maybe, I’ll eventually try it out and see the benefit of using the CleanSweep coil, it’s brand new never swept across a lawn.

Did some coil comparisons, the 8” donut definitely is the deepest with the Golden. The 8” donut coil is off my Outlaw, The Mohave 7” coil is about the same depth as the stock spoke coil, but the 7” is lighter and great for trashy areas. The Pantera is a good one as well, audio and notch feature is great, lacks depth though but overall a fun unit to use.

Your Golden is a hot one, definitely keep that unit it’ll bring you years of joy.

I’ll keep you posted how my Golden does in the future, still may add a GB pot and that depends how well preset GB does under different soil conditions. Dug up a mini Bourne’s 50K pot last night, so I’m really to install the pot if it’s needed.

Take Care Harold,
Paul

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2019 07:01PM by Apolonio (CA).
Re: There is a 'New' Golden uMax new tones for sale on the depot if anyone is interested.
September 28, 2019 10:19PM
Hey Del, Yeah I offered seller a Pristine CZ6a with extras in trade, but he wasn’t looking for trades. Maybe the New owner might be interested in a trade down the road. HH over there, Don