Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MDT Tarsacci

Posted by jim tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MDT Tarsacci
September 13, 2019 09:05AM
Know the Tarsacci is currently being used mainly for water hunting, but am curious to know if anyone is seriously using it for turf hunting? I mostly hunt for old coins and a F 75 has been my main swing since they first came out. Dan (NM), hope to see some posts on how you like the Tarsacci for your kind of hunting. Anyway, I am curious if anyone is using one for coin hunting? Thanks, HH jim tn
Re: MDT Tarsacci
September 13, 2019 12:19PM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Know the Tarsacci is currently being used mainly f
> or water hunting, but am curious to know if anyone
> is seriously using it for turf hunting? I mostly h
> unt for old coins and a F 75 has been my main swin
> g since they first came out. Dan (NM), hope to see
> some posts on how you like the Tarsacci for your k
> ind of hunting. Anyway, I am curious if anyone is
> using one for coin hunting? Thanks, HH jim tn

I'll be using it for relic and some coin hunting in specific places. I'll post my results along with my settings once I get up and running.
September 13, 2019 01:26PM
I think the main area where the MDT shines is in the wet salt sand. That's where it outperforms all multi frequency detectors by a mile. It's hard to do depth testing in saltwater but I would assume it excels there too.

Away from the wet salt environment in mild ground, it seems to perform about equal to many of the top machines and from what I've read, it may have a performance advantage in some types of bad soil. At least that's my opinion from my experience so far.

It's a fairly simple machine compared to a lot of other detectors but with different tones to learn. Don't expect to use it without headphones very often because the speaker volume is very low.

I've used it on a few relic hunts and made some finds with it but I believe there are other detectors that perform better in that category.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 02:08PM by Badger in NH.
September 13, 2019 01:51PM
I can’t speak as to it’s ability in dirt. But I can say I’ll give it two thumbs up for beach hunting ..... especially in the salt water over any water machine I’ve used. It will compete with even a PI down here.
September 13, 2019 03:04PM
Hello Jim,

The first time I hit an old park with the Tarsacci, dug a deep 10” v-nickel. Can’t remember what else surfaced, was a quick hunt before work but was very impressed getting that deep v-nickel.

Haven’t used it since as a park hunter, but did use the Tarsacci as a relic detector and for fresh water black sand. Unfortunately, right after a took some time off and eventually had knee surgery and just now getting back to using the Tarsacci again. The other day, scored an 1861 S Seated half with the Tarsacci on farm land.

I’m glad your interested and asking Tarsacci users how it does for inland hunting, Tarsacci is an amazing piece of equipment. Learn the language, patience and determination it’ll score you some cool finds. I’ll start sharing my inland experience more often, Inland Park huntIng type to hitting iron laced sites. Before my surgery, boy had the Tarsacci dialed in huntIng in thick iron. Was pulling out stuff my Deus was missing. Don’t get me wrong, Deus is lighting fast but the Tarsacci is very fast as well.

Just learn the Tarsacci language, it has so much to offer. I feel we’ll we hearing more positive things from Tarsacci users in the coming months ahead, not just from water hunters but those willing to invest time for inland hunting.

Good luck and happy hunting,
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 03:06PM by Apolonio (CA).
September 13, 2019 03:56PM
Thanks very much to everyone for their replies. Probably noted some where how many tones the Tarsacci has and thinking perhaps its two? I have literally hundreds of hours on the F 75 and rather successful coin hunting with it I've simply had a hard time trying to convince myself to try something new/different. Again, thanks everyone. HH jim tn
September 13, 2019 04:52PM
I hear 4 tones in disc coming out of the single zip of AM. Then you have a combo zip... and ping or pong in mixed mode.
September 14, 2019 06:06PM
For those who have lost their manual:

Sound Modes: There are 3 sound profiles (All Metal, Discrimination, and Mix Mode) with 4 tones total. The graph provided in section Discrimination Breakdown Visuals gives a visual representation when one of the 4 tones is heard, based on one of the 3 sound profiles being used. The 4 tones are as indicated:
1. Low Tone: Represents ferrous Targets.
(Only heard in Discrimination and Mix Mode)
2. Low-High Tone: Represents All Metal Mode.
(Only heard in All Metal Mode and Mix Mode)
3. High-low Tone: Represents low conductivity non-ferrous Targets.
4. High Tone: Represents high conductivity non-ferrous Targets.
1. All M (All metal): Only the Low-High tone will be heard when a Target is located.
(Numerical Target ID is always present in All Metal Mode)
2. Disc (Discrimination): This mode allows 3 different tones associated with the target ID and for the sound to be silent based on the target ID and discrimination settings:
2a. If the Discrimination set point lies within the range of -30 to 0, any Target with a Target ID lower than the set point will be silenced.
(Numerical Target ID is always present)
2b. If the Discrimination set point lies within the range of 0 to +30, any Target with a Target ID
lower than 0 shall be silenced and any Target within the range of +/-2 of the Discrimination set point shall also be silenced.
(Numerical Target ID is always present)
3. Mix (Mix Mode): This mode combines both All Metal Mode and Discrimination Mode reporting in sequence. The first tone is the All Metal sound. The second tone is the Discrimination sound. (The disc sound may be silenced based on the discrimination settings and target ID)

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 14, 2019 07:08PM
Past(or)Tom, thank you very much for the tone(s) description. What I wanted to know regarding the tones. HH jim tn