Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Equinox 800 Park 1 vs Beach 1 vs Field 2 for relics

Posted by Abenson 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab Equinox 800 Park 1 vs Beach 1 vs Field 2 for relics
September 16, 2019 04:43PM
Here's a trime I found over the weekend.

Below is a video comparing Park 1 (Tom Dankowski), Field 2 (My Own) and Beach 1 (Neil Jones) relic hunting at the end I give my 3 cents about which mode works best in my soil.

YouTube
Re: Minelab Equinox 800 Park 1 vs Beach 1 vs Field 2 for relics
September 16, 2019 05:30PM
Good capture. Thanks for that work!
September 16, 2019 05:42PM
Great job on the video. I to have been finding Park 1 works the best for my area. The only thing I use differently is my recovery speed I set at 2 or 3 on my Equinox 800. I am mainly a coin hunter. Thank you for doing this video
September 16, 2019 06:59PM
A very good video,i have been using Field 1 for about 4 months and it worked reasonably well on silver hammered coins,but in this last week have started using Park 1 but have finally finished up using Park 2 which has the higher khz bias and i feel this will work much better for my reasonable low mineral sites and especially hunting for silver and gold hammered coinage and also jewellery as well.

Due to a very bad wrist injury from years ago i am finding that i am only able to swing the 6'' coil for any great periods of time and even then with a full harness,but at least i am able to still continue detecting,stock coil is hardly ever used,but i do still carry my 15'' coil with me for say if i suspect something is deep on pasture or deep ploughed and rolled fields.

Just fine tweaking Park2 and thus far its the right settings for my desired targets silver hammered and gold coins.

Once again great video
September 17, 2019 12:24AM
I've been seriously looking at getting the Nox 800 for the past several months. As a relic hunter I can honestly say that this for me is by far the most helpful, informative and realistic video/cometary I've seen. Thanks for posting it. Ya done good.
September 17, 2019 01:53AM
i also have contemplated getting the 800,and reading these posts have been very enlightening indeed!
as a long time coin hunter, tom's settings seem to be almost magical in their simplicity, and the results speak for themselves.
think i'm gonna wait, and read everything over the winter, and make a decision by spring.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 17, 2019 04:47AM
jmaryt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i also have contemplated getting the 800,and readi
> ng these posts have been very enlightening indeed!
> as a long time coin hunter, tom's settings seem to
> be almost magical in their simplicity, and the res
> ults speak for themselves.
> think i'm gonna wait, and read everything over the
> winter, and make a decision by spring.
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

LOL, that's exactly what I've been thinking. Having sold my CTX and X-Terra 705, I didn't see myself getting another Minelab. But it's hard to argue with the results folks are getting with the Nox. And videos like this one are really informative. Thanks, Abenson!

-Ken
September 17, 2019 08:12AM
Very good video.

I have been doing a lot of similar testing but adding the CTX 3030 to the equation. Doing a lot of signal analysis.

I can tell you without a doubt, on the signals like the buttons you found and camp lead, the CTX would have been all over the ID scale. I find it to be really accurate on coins THAT ARE PERFECTLY oriented and shallower depth. Otherwise if you add a little mineral to the soil, and some nearby trash/iron and put a little depth in there...that perfect ID is gone. Andy's book touches on this but it is mostly written to show how the engineers improved on the ID in the evolution from the Explorers to eTrac to CTX. His book leaves a reader to think that they perfected the FE 12 line and that the ID is now stable and wont be pulled down on the CTX. Well...that's not the case. It still does it, and to be honest, the best way I have found to run it is with an open screen in combined audio, and set the FE audio to go down to around the 32-33 FE line. And dig everything.

A lot of the buttons, lead, and good but odd shaped relics will come in all over the CO scale and up or down on the FE line too. By running it that way, I can get most of the same signals that I can on the Equinox....but the Equinox is more sure of itself and locks with a more definitive audio and ID vs the CTX that will "spatter" all over the screen. If you trust the ID on a CTX, you will most certainly let it sway you to not dig targets that are actually good. If you run it with a disc pattern like the factory presets or some of the downloadable ones...you're still missing all but the shallowest and perfectly oriented coins. CTX is dynamite on the beach though...but in nearly every other application, I find the Equinox better suited.
September 17, 2019 09:15AM
Good video, Abenson. One of the more eye opening one's I've seen. Thanks, HH jim tn
September 17, 2019 11:34AM
Great video. I look forward to seeing additional ones.
September 17, 2019 02:44PM
Daniel-Thanks for the info on the CTX, I have a buddy that runs a CTX relic hinting and I'm always finding more stuff than he is. Never could figure out why, now I know. I will have to tell him about your findings.
September 17, 2019 05:38PM
TNdirtdigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great video. I look forward to seeing additional o
> nes.

yes! thanks for the very informative video!.looking forward to
seeing more! with each particular user, there seems to be a consensus
of opinion forming over time...just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.