Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lost camera memory card found with metal detector

Posted by GreyGhost69 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Lost camera memory card found with metal detector
June 20, 2011 06:52PM
I read a story on the Internet about a man finding a lost camera memory card with his metal detector. The memory card had a families vacation pictures on it with their young child on a special Make- A-Wish trip. The finder finally tracked the family down but it was not easy.

If vacation pictures are important to you do yourself a big favor. The first one or two pictures on each memory card should have your contact information. There are about seven (7) billion humans on this earth so finding you will be hard. My young brother-in-law lost an SD card with pictures of himself and his two brothers on vacation a few years ago. Shortly after losing the SD card one of the brothers in the pictures died. If someone found the SD card today they would have no idea how to contact my brother-in-law to return the card.

Jim
Re: Lost camera memory card found with metal detector
June 21, 2011 12:06PM
Good point..........and same with jewelry. Rarely is it marked with owner data.
June 21, 2011 01:36PM
Very good tip.
Once I bought a used digital camera at a yard sale & found that it was full of pix. Some pix looks like a birthday party for a very old lady. I got back in touch with the yard sale person, & they didn't know the people in the pix & could not remember where they had gotten the camera. Memories lost , forever ! I still have them saved on my computer for years,.
June 21, 2011 01:40PM
I do this with all my electronic devices. I take a picture of my name and phone number and save it in my ipods, iphone and digital cameras. On my Iphone I have it in my pictures, contacts and notes.
June 22, 2011 12:15AM
I found two memory cards and 3 flash sticks the last 2 years, I use the flash stick to keep all my picks on for the last 11 years, storage is a great thing