Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What detectors have you gone back to ?

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What detectors have you gone back to ?
October 23, 2019 11:07PM
I was wondering what machines anyone has gone back to after trying/purchasing any of the new detectors that have hit the market in the past several years. I recently purchased a Nautilus2ba and Fisher F75.I had the Nautilus repaired by Wayne Lee. It hits hard on my 15 inch planted mine ball. The F75 was just purchased and it hits hard and runs quiet. I have purchased many of the new machines but it was nice to be reacquainted with machines that are tried and true to the CW relic hunting that I do.
Re: What detectors have you gone back to ?
October 24, 2019 12:27AM
Well there's several older machines that come to mind I'd like to go back to but my elbow won't allow me to. One's the Explorer SE Pro another is the Fisher CZ's. Now I'm swinging a Deus and a Equinox 600 anything heavier than that is no longer a option without use of a Sling and I hate being tied to a machine.
October 24, 2019 12:41AM
Deeptech. I've had 3 of them and now would like the X. Wouldn't mind having an F75 too.

My detectors:
Equinox 800 w/ 11" & 6" coils
XP Orx w/9" hf coil
Modded Lobo ST w/ 8" & 5.75" concentric coils
October 24, 2019 01:09AM
My faithful old T2 has come out of retirement and taken back the crown as my main everyday machine,DFX has also come out and dusted off and the Deus has been relegated to 3rd position and Equinox to 4th position..........both the T2 and DFX may be old technology but these 2 machines have found me more UK gold coins and Silver hammered coins consistently than all my other machines and trust me i own many detector put together.

My original green T2 i bought in 2006/7 and my DFX from 2002,my barometer on how good machines are are not the latest technology but the decent finds that keep going into my finds pouch !!

My TDI Pro and both Nexus SE and MP have all been steady plodders but of course for more site specific use,all my immaculate Tesoro/Laser machines are still in the cupboard gather dust like all my other machines.
OBN
If what your using still kicks the others Azz's why change.
October 24, 2019 04:11PM
Never really put the Excalibur away, I did try a CTX on and off for a few months but not for me in the water. So 1993 BBS technology, Minelab Excalibur is still my only machines..four of them.. I do see a Fisher "AQ" Impulse in my future, but I don't see it replacing the Excalibur.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
October 24, 2019 07:34PM
I most likely will pick up another F5 as its very hard to simulate the F5's low gain / high sensitivity settings and the audio boost feature. The 7.8 kHz frequency really works well with that feature set for small gold jewelry and I miss it.

I always seem to keep a Golden Sabre II around. When I sell one I always seem to get another a few months later.

HH
Mike
October 25, 2019 07:09AM
Nautilus 2ba is a good model, good for you going back to this workhorse. My Nautilus 2B went belly up recently, probably the only good part left on it is the 8” coil.

In other areas of vintage models, been fortunate to own many older working models, enjoy them all only a few I favor over the others. Compass Coin Magnum, Compass GoldScanner Pro and a few Tesoro models are fun, especially the Pantera. Can go on filling up a whole page of vintage models fun to use, and still use them.

Paul
October 25, 2019 02:49PM
Every once in awhile I think about picking up a Golden Sabre UMAX for the fun silver tones I remember from the silver sabre II days.
October 25, 2019 07:07PM
I keep going back to the White's MXT. This is after owning and using extensively the Equinox 800, CTX 3030, V3i, DFX, Gold Bug Pro, Omega 8000, and several others *after* using the MXT. Those are all good detectors, but the MXT just has a great balance between complexity and raw performance that is unmatched by any other detector I've used. The way I look at it, it gets 90%+ of the performance of any of the top of the line detectors, but with only 10% of the complexity. Icing on the cake is that it's built like a tank, has many coil options, and lasts forever on a set of AA batteries. There are a few things I would like to have, mainly a manual ground balance and a SignaGraph readout instead of the simplistic probability bars, but no detector is perfect. After 20 years of the MXT, I still haven't found a detector I like better.
October 25, 2019 07:39PM
I agree with Wayfarer. Love my MXT Pro, have bought and run the equinox 800. That was my latest delving into new tech for coin/jewelry/nuggets. Didn't care for it.
October 26, 2019 08:17AM
I have owned more F75s and T2s than any other machine model but that was only because of what the motion all metal mode allowed me to do. If I had to rely on their disc mode for hunting, I would have been 1 and done with them but the all metal allowed me to go deep for coins and relics that it and other machines ID as iron. I just had to rely on audio only and no ID to discern ferrous nails from the non ferrous items. When they introduced DST, that platform lost the edge the non DST models had for my particular hunting. With that said, the last F75 I owned was the last I will buy.

Now, the machine that I can't seem to get away from is the CTX. I have owned several over the years. I think the one I have now is my 4th or 5th one. It doesn't outperform my Equinox but for some reason I just like it. To me, it swings easier and just overall feels better. I do have my gripes with it but every time I sell one, I run into a site where I wish I had one, and then end up getting another. They are for sure over priced...but I have decided that until something better and ground breaking comes along, I am content with the Equinox/CTX combo.
October 26, 2019 05:57PM
I have owned every CZ model ever made including the CZ20 at least once and am on my sixth CZ-3D. Also have had 3 Nautilus IIBas and 3 Etracs. I would still have a Nauty if My shoulder could handle it.
These 3 Detectors are my all time faves along with The Golden uMax.
October 26, 2019 10:03PM
Harold, you know you can't find anything with those outdated relics.....you must move on up to a ML EQ...don't waste your time with any other detector. drinking smiley
October 26, 2019 10:18PM
Musketeer & CF77 - my ol fav 'beep n digs'

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 26, 2019 10:18PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Harold, you know you can't find anything with thos
> e outdated relics.....you must move on up to a ML
> EQ...don't waste your time with any other detector
> . drinking smiley

Yes I know just go to Findmall Beep and dig and and see what I found with one of My 'outdated' analogs at a spot everyone and there Brother hit with the latest and greatest. I don't post my finds here as to much a PIA.
October 27, 2019 12:09AM
Go to my channel and look at what I found with my latest and greatest.... BTW a lot of you guys were hunting when relics and silver were almost on top of the ground....smoking smiley Us new comers dont have that luxury! thumbs down
October 27, 2019 02:08AM
I don't know if this counts, because I never got rid of it, but for me it's my AT Pro. I've had it for about 5 years now, and none of the other machines I've used since then have clicked with me the way it has though to be fair I've only used two other high end detectors since getting it due to being an unemployed teenager for most of that time; a V3i and a Multi Kruzer. I still have the Kruzer, but I still find myself using the AT Pro at least half of the time. I need to try to reach the same level of proficiency with the Kruzer that I have with the AT Pro at some point. I just really love the audio on the AT Pro, there is so much information to be obtained from it. So far the audio on the Kruzer seems much less nuanced...
October 27, 2019 10:22PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go to my channel and look at what I found with my
> latest and greatest.... BTW a lot of you guys were
> hunting when relics and silver were almost on top
> of the ground....smoking smiley Us new comers dont have that
> luxury! thumbs down

Relics and Silver on top of the ground? Dang, I am not that damn old. That was the generation or two before Me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2019 05:50PM by Harold,ILL..
October 27, 2019 11:15PM
We took the buttons right off the uniforms in the Good old days. When I'm on a beach I like BBS. The recent Nox update is good , but BBS is in my blood.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2019 11:20PM by goodmore.