Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

JM Bullion buyout of Provident Metals

Posted by marcomo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JM Bullion buyout of Provident Metals
October 24, 2019 09:54PM
Up until recently, Provident was an excellent place to buy junk 90% silver coins. They ran sales often, and even when not on sale, you could make a small purchase for a reasonable per ounce cost over spot. As long as you spent $99 or more you also got free shipping.

Now that JM Bullion has officially closed on Provident it doesn't look so good. The name is still Provident but the selection has shrunk and while a $99 order still gets free shipping, the lowest cost I'm seeing on orders under $100 face value is $2.92 per oz. over spot.
Re: JM Bullion buyout of Provident Metals
October 24, 2019 10:12PM
$3 over spot is Silly Stupid.
Shop Local.
October 25, 2019 02:07AM
The precious metals are in a bull market, with a long ways to go. Whatever u pay today, will be a bargain 6 months from now. Load up.
October 25, 2019 01:27PM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $3 over spot is Silly Stupid.
> Shop Local.

Unfortunately thats about what my LCS charges as well, then I have to pay sales tax on top of that.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
October 25, 2019 04:44PM
That sux, sf.
Around here, there are a couple of dealers that make their money on the buy-end and sell for just over spot or even at spot if you buy enough. Gold and silver. One has a bricks store but sells for less at flea markets. And theres several more dealers that will sell for near spot when you mention that you know about the guys that sell for spot.
October 26, 2019 04:24AM
Even if you're looking like a psychic in 6 months, possum, the amount of "juice" still matters to me.grinning smiley

The best I'm seeing now for smaller purchases is APMEX. They're selling $10 FV of 90% silver, their choice of dimes or quarters, for 69 cents per oz over face and free shipping over $99.

JM Bullion is second best selling $10 FV their choice for $134.56 and free shipping.