Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Fisher !!!....Where is the multi freq machine we've all been watting for ?

Posted by synthnut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Fisher !!!....Where is the multi freq machine we've all been watting for ?
June 21, 2011 06:36PM
???????????????????????
Re: Hey Fisher !!!....Where is the multi freq machine we've all been watting for ?
June 22, 2011 01:37AM
Synth..........I was wondering where you disappeared toosmiling smiley Glad to see ya posting.
Re: Hey Fisher !!!....Where is the multi freq machine we've all been watting for ?
June 22, 2011 01:55AM
synthnut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ???????????????????????

dave j ya want to jump in here?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 22, 2011 01:03PM
With all the units Fisher makes probably cost inefficient to introduce a new line and personally let them get the F units down path before they jump into different technology...
June 22, 2011 03:30PM
A labor of love maybe to show the people who have kept them in business all these years would work for me .......As ACDC would say ....." Given' the dog a bone " .......

Terra ,
Thanks for your concern .....I've branched out into all kinds of things .....Like a kid in a candy store ....Midlife dude in Toyland .....I've been fishing, learning golf so I can make million dollar deals on the golf course , chasing the wife around the house , and trying to sell off a bunch of other toys so that I can make a move from NY to N. Carolina and live like a human being and not like a care provider for my government and all the other wealthy that depend on my extremely high taxes so that they can live much better than I do ..... My hunting spots have dried up , and it's time for some new ones, and time is limited ....I'll get back into detecting again .....especially when it cools down .....My main beach was so heavily sanded in that it will take some time to get some good targets to hunt .....The parks are picked thru like crazy ...... It'll all work out ..... Still in the game , just on the bench for a while .....Thanks for asking ......Jim
June 22, 2011 05:00PM
Synthnut, the best of luck to ya. I know a few people who left Pa and went to NC...never looked back. It has crossed my mind to move there but my family and kids are here.... ahhh, just a day dream :]
Keep us posted after the move and if you would, tell me all about the state and how you like the area. Especially the detecting.
June 22, 2011 05:30PM
If TEK/Fisher is going to come up with a new flagship and then build their line from it. And if Tom gives the thumbs up then it will be worth trying. But I would think that Dave and the crew already have in mind what they want to do. With the great sales of Tek and Fisher detectors being what they are, (I would think very healthy)...then they would set our world on fire with a new concept that works.

I think we are still in a sales curve that has a demand for our hobby but I think that can change and drop off in the near future. So the timing is very important...I would say by the spring of 2012 or spring of 2013 we should see a new monster hit the stores. Will it be a multy freq or one that has independent control of the freq maybe more programing that we have not seen before on their detectors. A new boost mode with more depth and a good air gap. Better at unmasking better at trash...hell I would pay about $1,200.00 or a little more to have that.

With our hobby the one great thing is that the more you hunt the more you learn and the more the detector can do the more you can take that learning and take it up a notch.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 22, 2011 05:48PM
Ozzie
I'll keep you posted ......Thanks for the info .....

Lawrenzo ,
Hope you're feeling well these days ...... My most recent machine is the AT Pro ....One of the reasons that I bought it was because it had features that other machines did NOT have , and it had the other common feature set and it did pretty well at it;s price point ..... If a company is just going to rebadge what they already have , I have no interest in it ...... If they come out with something that will be innovative in the saltwater , I'll bite !!!..... As I've said in earlier threads , there is really NO single frequency machine that does a good job in saltwater IMHO ...... This includes the AT Pro ..... I know that I will hear from many that tell me that their XYZ can do just fine in the saltwater ..... Dropping the sensitivity down so far as you can only find targets 3 inches down in saltwater is not my idea of " Doing Fne " ...... I'm talking about a machine that is light in weight , and can distiguish targets when walking down " the lane " in the ocean , and be able to hear them clearly at a minimum of 8 inches deep without straining ..... The only machines that can come close to my needs are either a CZ30 or an Excal , or a modified Minelab ..I own the Excal and modified Minelabs .....If nothing comes out soon, I may end up opting for a CZ30 to round out the pack as it's easy on the ears on the beaches near me .....Jim
June 22, 2011 05:51PM
They already have something both in mind and work, if not they would be out of work.

Ofcouorse they look at both dual and 3 freq and ofcourse they know how much the GB and G2 and omega are appreciated among us.

And ofcourse they see that new VX3 that looks to be a winner in its price range.

Minelab should start regretting they designed the Terra marketing wise for coils. Who wants to buy a 705 3 coil packagw now ?
June 22, 2011 11:04PM

Minelab should start regretting they designed the Terra marketing wise for coils. Who wants to buy a 705 3 coil packagw now ?

If my choice was an F75-lite, F70, F4, F5, or 705 - the 705 wins easy. Instead, however, I'm using a 10 year old Explorer which I find better than all of those. I'd love to give Fisher machines another chance, but until a new Fisher user can hear my deep silver signals, I have to pass. This hobby is about finding stuff you hear and if the "other" detector is hearing stuff that I can't, I'm using the wrong detector.
June 22, 2011 11:23PM
It is not always about depth! When you look at masking, I would think if you have deep silver at a park and it is all alone by itself. then maybe a deep machine will find it. But if you have silver and it is near trash or iron or a mixture of trash and junk what machine will have the best chance to find it? Tom should chime in hear...I think it may not be the Minelab or Whites...What I am saying is, I am not sure! I think there is a lot of silver and relics in the ground being masked that those deep machines are missing and a lot of deep silver in the ground with no trash that the new light fast detectors are missing...So best bet is to have a couple of machines and work the area for the most targets.

I don't think there is one machine that can do it all but maybe it all depends on what you are looking for that day or the date of the area you are hunting. We have hunted places where I know it is a one time hunt and so you want the best chance to find the best targets. And at one dirty park under a plam tree full of pull tabs and trash I found the 18k 14 diamond ring at about two inches. Those two months I found five diamond rings 14-18k and all I did was dig pull tabs and trash.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

June 22, 2011 11:59PM
I don't think FT has anything new and innovative up their sleeve.

Although some good machines have come out over the past three years, if you think about it, they've all be a variation on a theme....unfortunately the same theme.

I guess sales are so great they don't need to innovate, just replicate sad smiley

It'll be interesting to see what Minelab and Garrett come up with next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 09:32PM by Cal_cobra.
June 23, 2011 12:06AM
Like Tom says 90% of what were looking for will not be found due to masking or silent masking. Im digging ALOT of junk ALL the time, and for all the tabs and foil Ive dug in 3 months I have found one antique wedding band and a 1853 Trime. I'd say your doing extremely well. As they say in the realestate business "location, location, location".

I seriously believe at least for me, and where I hunt, I would rather have a machine that could unmask targets better from iron.

With regards to jewelry, I have gathered some data from a jewelry store from a few gold pieces with one of my detectors. I'll try to post later.
June 23, 2011 01:35AM
Well I think you ride the wave for as long as you can and I am sure Fisher is going to do it again with a new machine and the same with Tek and this time it will be different and better and a different platform. Rome was not built in a day! Give Fisher/TEK time and the other compaines to see what and how the next new machine can be pushed and it will be done but for now what we have is really better then what we may have had in the past. We have a slow hobby where R&D takes time and only so much money can be put into this hobby. And at the pace areas are being closed off and paved over and permission is getting harder and harder you can only spend so much money on the next new development.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

June 23, 2011 01:52AM
As I articulate my way through old Fort sites........unmasking (in heavily infested iron square-nails) is paramount.
Masking, silent masking......and excessive depths are our worst enemies.

If only we were technoligically advanced... far enough to have a detector...............say.................with a 7" x 3" DD.............that could detect......and with reasonably good ID accuracy.... a silver Half-Dime at......say 17"................and I could place a few folks under dual-headphones into this one detector....for demonstration and educational purposes...........the world would turn up-side-down. THAT much of an eye-opener.

It is my deepest belief that a paradigm shift (away from the current EM-principle platform base) is required to perform such a feat. Scratching just a small handful of inches in the Earth's crust..........hoping to find that one old item.........that...........for some fluke/freak reason.........did NOT sink to the normal deep depths of the rest of the items of its same age/era......................is painfully 'false-hopeful'.
June 23, 2011 02:40AM

I think there is a lot of silver and relics in the ground being masked that those deep machines are missing and a lot of deep silver in the ground with no trash that the new light fast detectors are missing...

They aren't finding much of anything at trashy locations where a fast machine would "seemingly" beat the poor, slow Explorer. In fact at a lot of those places, their machines are just going apesh*t and they're diggin bb's and earring backs. The target ID in BP is so poor that it sometimes misidentifies pull tabs..... trashy places are full of pull tabs..... You can go to one of the big sites and look at the vendor specific forums and you can tell immediately some are finding more than others.

I don't think there is one machine that can do it all but maybe it all depends on what you are looking for that day or the date of the area you are hunting.

If I'm in the woods or some other environment where I have to hold the coil off of the ground, I found the F75 to be a better choice. But, so is the Silver Sabre II for $200. I had the F75lite for about a year and sold it, bought the F75LTD on the hype, and sold it because where it should excel (speed), it's target ID was weak at best. I bought the F70 for forests and situations where finds might be 20 minutes apart. It just didn't make sense to keep that when a much cheaper machine will do for those scenarios too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 02:43AM by Shambler.
June 23, 2011 03:14AM
I hunt the trashest of the trash in the parks in NYC ......MANY MANY years of deep trash .......I have hunted these parks with many different machines , and out of all of them , the best machine that I have used as a land based machine , not speaking of the beach or saltwater , but normal trashy ground , has been the E Trac by a LONG SHOT ..... I have personally witnessed my Sovereign get trumped by an E Trac that was all about the masking abilities of the E Trac .... The Sovereign could not hit the silver dime after switching everything on and off on the control panel , and swinging over the target in every direction .....The E Trac hit the target like there was nothing around it !!.... The discrimination on the E Trac is 2nd to none and can be tweaked to scrim out whatever you want in small or heavy doses ....

I will ALWAYS dig pull tabs as they are right in the middle of the Gold range ....I have dug more gold in the pull tab range than anywhere else on any of my detectors scales !!..... Foil thru Pull Tabs range gets the gold for me !!.... What would you give to have a detector that could tell the difference between a pull tab and a gold ring ? .....Jim
We were kinda hoping you will invent aforementioned detectorsmiling smiley