Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Advice from you Impact, F75 & T2 users would be greatly appreciated!!

Posted by MrDirtyHands 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Advice from you Impact, F75 & T2 users would be greatly appreciated!!
November 04, 2019 09:57PM
Hey guys. I'm a new member from Atlanta and need some expert advice. I've been swingin' one off and on since the 70's. ALL White's machines. Been out of the hobbie for 7 or 8 years but wanna get back into it and boy, a LOT has changed in that time.

Over the last few months, I've seen HUNDREDS of Vids and read countless reviews on ALL the machines I might be even remotely interested in. I do know my next machine will not be a Whites. I just haven't been impressed with what they're doing now-a-days.

I know all the popular machines out there and have eliminated most of them from my consideration list. AT Pro or Max? Uh... No! Nox or Minelab anything? Not for me. Deus? No. XP? ORX looks great but no. Etc... Sure like that Rutus Alter 71 but NO American support.

I've narrowed my choice down to the Nokta Impact. The Fisher F75 LTD and the Technetics LTD. Over time, I THINK I'd be happy with any of these. But please. I'M STUCK!

I'm mainly a Coinshooter (Silver) (Parks, schools etc...) But I LOVE Old house sites (Usually FILLED with trash/Iron/Nails) and rarely get to CW relic hunt but love it when I do. I also want to increase my Jewelry (Rings) finds from days past.

Guys, of the 3 listed above that I'm lookin at, in y'alls learned opinions, which do you feel would perform the best, depth and seperation/un-masking wise, in...

Ga. red clay. (Highly mineralized)
Trashy parks & old house sites. etc...

I would purchase smaller coils which is limited in selection. (Impact DOES offer a 7" Concentric!!)

So, you guys are WAY ahead of me on one or all these machines! Help me pull the right trigger! Sorry for the long post!
Re: Advice from you Impact, F75 & T2 users would be greatly appreciated!!
November 04, 2019 10:16PM
F75, T2, and Impact are all good choices. Although you might consider a Multi Kruzer or Anfibio as well. Anfibio has a better coil. Kruzer is lighter than the Anfibio, Impact, or Fisher/Teknetics. I use a Multi Kruzer with a 7" and an AF28 Anfibio coil and I have to tell you I'm not using my other machines much lately (except the Bandido). You can swing that MMK/7" all day with no fatigue. Both coils separate and unmask very well. And a used Kruzer can be had at a very attractive price. Anyway, you can't go wrong with any of the machines you mentioned either.
November 04, 2019 10:46PM
Interesting that you've eliminated the detectors that I would prefer to use in highly mineralized soil.

I've never used an F75 but of the other 2 I would say the Impact (has the most modes) or one of it's relatives the Anfibio or Multi-Kruzer. Had a T2 and an Impact, got rid of both, but they aren't bad machines. There are just better options IMO available now for the conditions you described. But in the end you need to use what you're comfortable using, if you don't mesh with a machine, it's no fun.

I've seen the T2/F75 as low as $300 used and an Impact if you can find a used one goes for about $400-450
November 05, 2019 02:09AM
That red clay soil (devil dirt) sure throws a wrench into things. I'd be asking what detector would do best for that type soil. I can't help you there because I'm blessed with really mild soil.

tabman
November 05, 2019 02:15AM
dgerst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> F75, T2, and Impact are all good choices. Although
> you might consider a Multi Kruzer or Anfibio as we
> ll. Anfibio has a better coil. Kruzer is lighter t
> han the Anfibio, Impact, or Fisher/Teknetics. I us
> e a Multi Kruzer with a 7" and an AF28 Anfibio coi
> l and I have to tell you I'm not using my other ma
> chines much lately (except the Bandido). You can s
> wing that MMK/7" all day with no fatigue. Both coi
> ls separate and unmask very well. And a used Kruze
> r can be had at a very attractive price. Anyway, y
> ou can't go wrong with any of the machines you men
> tioned either.

You're right about that 7 inch concentric search coil. It was my number one pick for the Kruzer or Anfibio. I sold my Multi-Kruzer awhile back and have one to sell if someone is interested.
November 05, 2019 03:26AM
F75 is a very powerful deep detector, and with a large selection of coils it's hard to beat in my opinion, it has a lot of options as far as setting it up for the type of hunting you are going to do in different areas, but the Impact has the ability to choose different frequencies and this will aid you in finding gold jewelry as you can run the machine at 20khz plus it is very good at unmasking targets and has good depth as well. I haven't any experience with the T2 but from what I have seen it is very capable as well, the T2 has a larger part of the discrimination dedicated to iron I believe and is geared more toward relic hunting. Tough choice to make so buy all three, detectors prices are pretty reasonable now. It's a buyers market.smiling bouncing smiley
November 05, 2019 05:09AM
I've had all of the detectors you're considering. IMHO the Impact is like an upgraded advanced F75 LTD2, and the Makro Multi Kruzer and Anfibio are effectively an upgraded and waterproof Impact (MMK has less modes, but most will never use all of the niche modes on the Impact anyhow). The MMK is a lot lighter then the others, and waterproof to boot. Personally I've grown quite fond of wireless headphones, and the MMK is deep and has a super fast reactivity speed when using 3-TONE under 90 sens (special mode) which is awesome hunting in sea of nail relic sites. I've dug deep coins with the MMK and it handles heavy iron well, Aside from all of the other advancements the Nokta/Makro detectors have over the F75, the main one is the fact that they have multiple frequencies to select, which is a very useful feature. Oh and their software upgradable (DIY), and have the industries best customer service (something I NEVER experienced from FTP). The Mak/Nok machines also have a huge selection of both factory and aftermarket coils, a wireless pinpointer that works with the wireless headphones, and you never have to worry about the machines getting wet.

I have a F75 LTD2 that's been sitting collecting dust since I started down the road with Makro / Nokta, as every time I've compared the F75 to the Mak/Nok machines, the Mak/Nok machines win hands down. Obviously YMMV, only way you will find out what works the best for you is to try the machine, at your sites, in your dirt, simple as that.

I've posted several YouTube videos using the Impact, Multi Kruzer and even the F75 when I was using it if you want to take a look: [www.youtube.com]

GL&HH,
Cal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 05:13AM by Cal_cobra.
November 05, 2019 01:08PM
MrDirtyHands………. I would VERY seriously take in to consideration..... your red dirt...… as a 'primary' determinant as to your selection of a detector. It'll make a night-and-day difference...… (possibly) unsuspectingly.
November 05, 2019 04:03PM
I am a fan of the F75 LTD with DST. I guess I always will be. It doesn't need select-able frequencies as It can hunt both high and low conductors equally well and it has a full tool belt in the feature set it offers. The detector process (algorithm) and audio tone selections are independent and can be mixed and matched as needed.

I didn't really like the Impact. The audio was too squeaky and the audio mode was fixed to a process algorithm.

I haven't used a T2 since the F75 came out as again, I like the abililty to mix and match my audio modes to the process algorithms and I can't do that with the T2.

Hot ground is hot ground. All detectors are affected by it, they are all noisy in it, and you just have to learn how to hunt it.

Good Luck,
HH
Mike

I currently own and use the Fisher F75 LTD w/DST, a Minelab's Etrac, a Whites V3, a Makro's Gold Kruzer, a Garrett's AT Pro, a Teknetic's ET Pro, and Tesoro's Golden Sabre II and a Compadre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 04:13PM by Mike Hillis.
November 05, 2019 06:22PM
Thanks to ALL you guys! I knew I'd get great advice! I have considered each of the above mentioned machines and looked into each of them individually over the last few months.

I've also ruled most of them out for one reason or another.(I never water hunt & hate the rain! Why pay extra for that ability?) I also just visited Cal cobra's Youtube channel & watched MMK vids. Awesome machine but don't like all those black, hard to see buttons. Silly huh?

Tom chimed in and said that my red dirt should be my main consideration. It is!! Seems TONS of guys swing those T2's in the Ga. woods and do well in my dirt BUT... I'm not really a Relic hunter and I believe this machine is "geared" toward this task.

Sooo... Mike Hillis' comment above has struck a chord with me and admittedly, I haven't really liked to tones of the Impact from what I've heard either. (LOVE the 3 seperate frequencies though!)

It would be mind boggeling to me at least if, wanting to get back into the hobby, with all the fancy new "tech" out there, I went with a 15 or so year old machine!! LOL!!

I, from what I believe, don't think much DEPTH has been added to VLF machines in decades. It's a matter of what new bells and whistles we find useful/helpful.

Sooo... Now I will focus on the F75's seperation & unmasking abilities. A great point was made above that "hot ground is hot ground" & all machines in my neck of the woods would have to deal with it! So unless some magic machine suddenly appears that eats red dirt, I might have a F75 LTD in my future!

Is there a better place on the plantet to learn about that machine than HERE? Prolly not!(Youtube too!)

Lastly, one big strike against the Impact was lack of info available on its use. Seems when someone put out a vid or two, they were swinging a different machine soon after. (Darnel Hello World) I don't think there's a lack of useable info on the F75!!

Again guys! Thanks a TON & I wish you great success in your hunts! (Y'all know countless guys like me live vicariously through y'all don't ya??) I can't wait to get back at it!!

GL & HH

Dan
November 05, 2019 07:21PM
It's too bad Daniel didn't chime in because he's used about everything under the sun in hot red dirt. I know the GPX is king but there are some VLF's that do better than others. If I recall he said he liked the F75 and T2 but they had to be used in All metal mode to get the depth. I think he leans toward the Equinox these days.
November 06, 2019 02:25AM
Hot ground the f75 would be my last choice. Had one and it doesn't like hot ground in the disc mode no matter what I did.
November 06, 2019 09:45PM
Unless you're going to hunt in AM mode, the F75 doesn't do well at all in hot ground. The Mak/Nok machines do well for VLF machines. I agree that Makro didn't do a good job with the black buttons on the MMK, and there's no tactile presence on the pinpoint button which can be a PITA to use if night hunting. I think they took that feedback and improved the buttons on the Anfibio. The audio is also much improved from the Impact to the Multi Kruzer IMO. Yes you're correct, not a lot of depth has been possible to push the envelope of VLF machines, but separation capabilities have improved quite a bit. One issue the F75 has is that it will be blind in high mineralization as well as areas with rusting iron flakes/dust. I've tested this first hand and had conversations with both NASA Tom and Dave Johnson the chief engineer of the F75 about this issue. If you have mild or better ground, without the iron decay noted above, the F75 can do well, but the F75 is a VERY soil dependent detector. Nasa Tom tested it in his inert Florida soil where it excels, but in mineralized soil in California, it gets spanked by many a machine, Minelabs, Makro/Noktas, and even the ATP can separate in iron better. With all the variables involved YMMV, and the F75 could turn out to be a great detector for you, but after using it for ten years I moved on with much more productive detectors.

GL&HH,
Cal
November 06, 2019 11:46PM
XP Deus ORX and the Minelab Equinox machines get good depth in Georgia Red Clay. I live in North Georgia and I hunt in some bad red clay and these two machines work the best of all the machines I've used.