Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Extreme Metal Detecting

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Extreme Metal Detecting
June 22, 2011 11:57PM
Don't try this at home!

[www.youtube.com]

Our first day here was terrible given what you'll see in the video, but the second day was beautiful and quite a few nice finds were made.

HH,
Brian
Re: Extreme Metal Detecting
June 23, 2011 12:35AM
Brian, that looks a little uncomfortable, but I would be out there with ya. What state was that? I didn't quite hear the audio because of the hurricane that was passin thru. Did the sand ruin any of the detectors or just make them an ounce or two lighter?
June 23, 2011 01:26AM
Looks like you are on a Nuke hunt I am glad I missed the trip maybe Crosby will take me on a more mellow ghost town hunt?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 23, 2011 03:25AM
Man...that looks like something right out of some sci-fi movie!
You guys find anything?
June 23, 2011 03:34AM
That was in central Nevada. At one point I was down retrieving a target and looked up and was in the middle of a white out, couldn't see ten feet in front of me, very odd feeling.

Quite a few nice finds were made - seated dime, key date barber dime, indian heads, several tokens, walker half, 1908 $5 gold piece (found sifting, and unfortunately not by me), lots of relicky thingies.

I was using my F75 LTD, she did well hunting in iron so thick you'd think someone saw us coming and piled it on!

HH,
Brian
June 23, 2011 12:04PM
Would love to see a photo of that 1908 yellow coin.
June 23, 2011 01:34PM
Welcome to the West!
That looked like a good day in the desert. Not to hot!
Those are the kind of hunts that make memories.

HH
Mike
June 23, 2011 03:36PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would love to see a photo of that 1908 yellow coin.

Here it is, still in the sifter basket before the lucky finder even touched it:

June 24, 2011 01:34AM
Wow what a rush

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 24, 2011 02:20AM
Pass the toilet paper.....lol..........on seeing that beauty. I sifted once..did real well. But nothing like the awesomeness in above picture. Congratulations to everyone. Sounds like it was a killer outing.
June 24, 2011 10:43AM
That was a heart stopper for sure!
Been dreamin of finding a gold coin now for 25ys...any gold coin!
June 24, 2011 12:08PM
VERY nice! The highlight of a detectorists career. Glad you captured a photo at that very specific moment. I find: .........one little.............two little...............three little Indians..................but never the Chief.

Life is all about 'creating memories'. This is something that you will remember for the rest of your life.