Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

C-Scope Evo 6000 news

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
C-Scope Evo 6000 news
December 12, 2019 09:41PM
I just received the follwing email and video from C-Scope about thier soon to be released new detector motion non motion with target ID !

Hello there !

As we edge towards the end of 2019, we thought it would be a good time to share with you good people some news on our new micro-processor driven detector, the EVO-6000. The product is due for launch in Spring 2020 and we are very excited about how the testing and development process is progressing.

We are really happy with the lightning-response and powerful performance the EVO-6000 is delivering and we might even tweak it further. The build-quality is what you would expect from a C.Scope, and the balance of the detector make it a joy to use.

The EVO-6000 will have a huge LCD screen which features a really neat and intuitive Menu. It delivers amazing levels of flexibility while remaining simple-to-use. The display shows a clever ‘always visible configuration’ so you can see on-screen at-a-glance how the detector is set-up. Four ‘Clockface Dials’ show Discrimination, Sensitivity, Iron Volume and Disc Volume levels at all times without having to refer back to the menu. We’ve included a link to a short video to give you a quick glimpse of how this works.

There are going to be a selection of pre-set Modes including Inland, Beach and All-Metal and you can save up to 10 further configurations of your own.

The EVO-6000 can be switched between Motion and Non-Motion Modes. The Motion Mode comes with Multi Tone Audio-Discrimination and adjustable Iron Volume and Disc Volume. The EVO-6000 will also include C.Scope’s legendary Non-Motion Audio-Discrimination circuitry in conjunction with Target-ID (0-99).

C-Scope EVO 6000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2019 09:42PM by sanjuro.
Re: C-Scope Evo 6000 news
December 12, 2019 10:45PM
Sure would like to see a manual.
December 12, 2019 11:40PM
Finally a modern detector with a real non motion mode!..lets hope they have upped the depth over the 1220XD.
December 13, 2019 04:27AM
I like their clockface meters, and it looks simple to use.

Don't see a lot of C-Scopes in the U.S (actually don't believe I've ever seen a single one, although I'm sure they must exist). The control head has that Simplex/Equinox look, but it looks even easier to use than the Simplex??
December 13, 2019 08:29AM
That’s interesting, glad to see CScope still in the business. About the only people using a CScope here in the states back in the day were Pi users. I was a big fan of CScope late nineties and early turn of century, Was using the Pi models. Couple of CS-6 Pi and my friend Terry had the CS-7 Pi. Very good durable models, good depth and simple to use. Simple to modify, seems like yesterday.

Another Non-Motion with ID, Was back in the Seventies, Compass came out with a Non-motion target ID detector. A George Payne model, and the first detector having a manual ground balance. The first users couldn’t get a good grasp of using this new model, but those that stuck to the non- motion model raked in the coins. Depth was great for its time, although it had target ID it was based on discrimination level. What ever discrimination level was set, anything below discrimination read Trash on meter. Anything above discrimination level, would iD above trash.

Here is a modified Coin Magnum, it’s balanced well much easier to swing. And meter assembly is above handle, and first model with a Manual ground balance. User can set discrimination to respond to high conducive coins only, bypassing everything below without loosing depth. Was ahead of its time, but most users struggled with it at the beginning. Most went back to the old VLF, later regretting parting so quickly. Sound familiar, yes we’ve all done that not giving a detector a fair chance boy I sure have.

Below, is the first detector with a manual GB. Non-Motion model with target ID.

Wish all the best for CScope, they’ve been around a long time. I bet most of you never heard of them.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 08:34AM by Apolonio (CA).
December 13, 2019 03:16PM
EVO looks like EQX control pod.

Interesting how many Mfr's now have Iron Disc, Iron Volume, Disc Volume, DD coils, Tone selection......etc...…..
Revolutionary conceptual launch;...... progresses into evolutionary widespread dissemination.

(((Yet, we still swing a lump-of-wire at the end of a stick))).
December 13, 2019 04:09PM
It'll 'probably' be quite good? Dunno...but it's under development a long time as news broke about it last year if I remember?

YES - it does 'look like' the 'Knocks' and the other one, the 'Simple'...everyone copies each other..."Aice or "Vank-Wish" anyone!

"C-Scope", have been around since the '70's: I started out MD'ing with a 'C-Scope' non-discriminating IB100 model. Took 2 huge square batteries: used 'drift' a lot and always had to be retuned.
But it got the goods back in the day when few around knew about teccies!
A large U.K. Dealer/Distributor told me "C-Scope tick away all year!"

They were Marketed in the USA as "Newforce"
I Field Tested 2 of them 2 years ago for "Treasure Hunting" magazine, a PI jobbie and a cheap turn on and go and they both impressed actually. But I wasn't invited to help test out this EVO probably cos we had a disagreement back a few years ago when I worked with Moonlab and I called a bluff on their advertising! The guy who was 'bluffing / fluffing' went ballistic.The then owner of C Scope Alan Hughes (now passed away) demanded an apology to be printed in a magazine.
I'm sure the occasional one must come up in a garage/yard/estate sale from time to time?
It'll be interesting to see if they try to 're-enter' the U.S. market with this offering? Alan once advised "The USA was a difficult market for us", so they never took off. But I have met a few up the years that do own original 'C Scope' models they Imported themselves (same as people have Imported "XP Gold Maxx" models etc)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 04:17PM by Des D.
December 14, 2019 04:02PM
C-Scope! There is a memory blaster from my past!!

When I started with PG&E in 1968 we used a version of them for locating gas main/services. Attach one half to the riser with the ground plate and walk around with the other part to mark & locate.
January 04, 2020 04:06PM
New c-scope 6000 shown here. Starts at1:42 mark of vid.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2020 04:11PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 05, 2020 01:25PM
HUGE battery life 3 days detecting wow
January 05, 2020 02:34PM
LOL....That's funny Tom! Quote: "(((Yet, we still swing a lump-of-wire at the end of a stick)))."
February 07, 2020 10:13PM
Posted approx 1 month ago to YouTube.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2020 10:15PM by tnsharpshooter.