Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher f75

Posted by sheds 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher f75
December 13, 2019 01:30PM
Well I finely did it...broke out of the CZ box...went and ordered me a f75..just hope this this dumb old country boy can learn how to run it...watched some you tube..don't look to difficult.
Kevin
Re: Fisher f75
December 13, 2019 01:59PM
Which F75 did you get? The basic?

If you want awesome depth, I highly recommend the 15" x 12" SEF coil. It will get inches more depth than the stock coil.
December 13, 2019 03:06PM
Congrats on your new F75.

HH
Mike
December 13, 2019 04:03PM
Yes Badger..just the plain jane
December 13, 2019 04:23PM
Get to know the 2 tone FE, and AM. They are your best friends. And be sure to get the 5" coil. Love mine.
December 13, 2019 07:13PM
The 5 inch is a great little coil. I made some nice finds with mine around cellar holes.
December 14, 2019 12:07AM
Just my opinion but the stock 8" coil is the best coil ever
for the CZ detectors.
Light, easy to swing, deep.
I have use the 5" coil not much depth. Can't see the advantage over the 8" coil
The 10.5" coil is like swinging a brick at the end of the detector.
The little bit of depth with the 10.5 brick not worth the arm strain.

Sorry y'all talking about the f75 my bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2019 12:08AM by u2robert.
December 14, 2019 02:51AM
Kevin,

I have put together a WORD document ( about 18 pages ) of a bunch of posts by Tom and others, regarding the F75.

If you want a copy, just PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

John
December 14, 2019 11:45AM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kevin,
>
> I have put together a WORD document ( about 18 pag
> es ) of a bunch of posts by Tom and others, regard
> ing the F75.
>
> If you want a copy, just PM me your e-mail address
> and I will send it to you.

> John

Heck John therover61 ole buddy ole pal. If it isn't too much trouble for you, I'd like get a copy of that f-75 compilation...I'll pm you my email.
December 14, 2019 03:34PM
Congrats on the f75, still one of the best machines on the market.At the price they really can't be beat in my soil.
December 15, 2019 07:50PM
Thanks therover John, got the compilation, you da man!
December 15, 2019 10:32PM
In just 101 short hunts using my F75-DST, I found 253 silver coins and a bunch of other good stuff including some gold and silver rings. I didn't get skunked once finding silver coins on those 101 hunts. I've acquired and still own more detectors, the CZ3D, CZ5, CTX 3030, Equinox, MXT Pro and Deus. I also own some Tesoro detectors which have found me my best finds. I've forgotten how many other detectors that I've bought, tried and sold. In a nutshell, the F75 coupled with a NEL Sharpshooter is hard to beat. To be honest, there's not that much difference in performance between most of the detectors that I own, it just boils down to what you like to use and what you're hunting for. BTW, the MXT Pro even though it's been around for a while it's still a fantastic detector at finding the good stuff and it's fun to use.

tabman
December 16, 2019 12:01AM
Yes Tabman...I still have a cz3d...cz5..cz7a pro...Started back in the 80's with Whites analog..then went to Fisher analog...This f75 is going to be quite a switch for me.
Kevin
December 16, 2019 03:42PM
They are proven machines but they do have their quirks. One to be aware of is that they tend to like to ID things as iron when it isn't iron. If your ground has any mineral to it at all, it will start to do this very rapidly. In the bulk of my ground, the ID on it was only reliable down to around 5-6 inches but the machine was capable of 13 inches or so (for Civil War bullets) in all metal with the stock coil if you threw the ID out the window and just went by sound. I have been in some soils with it though where it would ID anything beyond 2 inches as iron...coins included. This would be 5 Fe bar soil.

I'm one of the weird ones that prefer the non DST versions of the machines but I never have favored them. My testing notes show that they neutered some of the raw power of the machine....particularly the all metal side that I used the most.
December 16, 2019 05:23PM
My experience with the F 75's pretty much mirror Daniel's. I've had one since the very first camo version came out and used them as my main coin/jewelry hunting detector ever since. I now have a LTD2 DST and it remains my main detector. I can't boast of the results that Gerald (tabman) stated, but I have recovered annually 112-157 silver coins since that first camo version along with hundreds of other old coins and jewelry items and other interesting finds.

However, each version has seemed to have a little less depth. The best I can do with this one is 9" on a dime in DE mode, 0 disc and 90+ sen. The audio is faint, but clean down to that depth. The camo one was the deepest, with a good tic on a 11" dime. My ground, though, is 1-2 bar dirt over here in W Tn.

When we visit our son in Nashville and I get out for a hunt, I run into 3-4 bar dirt up there and seldom do I dig coin size targets past 6-7 inches deep. For me, the F 75 has been a good and fun detector. HH jim tn