Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New detector is coming to market...CYGNUS-1X

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New detector is coming to market...CYGNUS-1X
December 23, 2019 02:54PM
Tom I get what your saying BUT I have watched you over the last year use that same logic about the Equinox....my friend if the Equinox hasn't PROVEN itself to you I dont think any other detector will ever do it either.

I get the hype part of marketing but lets see what happens.....of course we all could sell our new detectors and go back to the explorer.....I think not.
December 23, 2019 03:16PM
i doubt that anyone states side can overhaul the EU makers like XP who has a 10 year lead on US makers and nokta coming up behind XP..he would need to be another musk type
December 23, 2019 03:56PM
Tom, even though we haven't seen the technology leaps forward like in the old days, that doesnt mean there has been no advancement. Even without leaps, we have still taken steps. Using time domain instead of freq shift, simultaneous multi freqs, improved ground mineral analysis and ground/target resolution.

Small steps that a best noticed in some locations and not in others. So yes, a 20 year old detector can be just as effective in some areas when going side by side to the most modern tech. Just dont fall into the trap of thinking one scenario is equal across all scenarios.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

December 23, 2019 05:43PM
Just my opinion but people Over think this too much.Its a hobbie, that's it.Im sure there are professionals who make a living off of finding gold , but my best guess would be they're not here on these forums.
A guy gets lucky enough to find somthing valuable and all of a sudden it's a better mousetrap in his hands.Or it's because he read somones book, or posibly because of the hundred hours in the test garden.lol
All machines are good, and to each his own.To say you gotta have this or that to find somthing is just wrong,and I don't put stock in those posters.
Seen the test garden videos and the elusive nail under,over and beside the coin enough times to know I don't need to see anymore..Synthetic tests should be for amusement only..Im not amused anymore.
December 23, 2019 06:34PM
If your only looking for modern coins a couple of inches deep in a park, then any detector will work, and you wouldn't necessarily see the benefits in say an a Nox over an AT Pro and therefore wonder what all the fuss is about.
But if your looking for the last hard targets in a worked out site that previously produced museum quality finds you need something else.

Woodbutcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just my opinion but people Over think this too muc
> h.Its a hobbie, that's it.Im sure there are profes
> sionals who make a living off of finding gold , bu
> t my best guess would be they're not here on these
> forums.
> A guy gets lucky enough to find somthing valuable
> and all of a sudden it's a better mousetrap in his
> hands.Or it's because he read somones book, or pos
> ibly because of the hundred hours in the test gard
> en.lol
> All machines are good, and to each his own.To say
> you gotta have this or that to find somthing is ju
> st wrong,and I don't put stock in those posters.
> Seen the test garden videos and the elusive nail u
> nder,over and beside the coin enough times to know
> I don't need to see anymore..Synthetic tests shoul
> d be for amusement only..Im not amused anymore.
December 23, 2019 08:29PM
Its over OLE WOODY'S head...… Please read this below WOODY..

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinions", means that everyone has the right to his or her own view point. "But not his own facts", means that facts are based on the actual sequence of events or actions that happened, and no one has the right to twist or skew the reporting of that event to make it fit their view point.

ALL DETECTORS ARE GOOD....eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2019 08:33PM by calabash digger.
December 23, 2019 08:50PM
From reading the thread on TNet, my impression is that the guy isn't a scammer but probably is very over-optimistic in what he can deliver. Sure, he might have some "out of the box" insight that lets him produce a powerful, feature-rich machine in a short time-frame, but more likely it'll be an "out of the wallet" experience for those who pony up to buy one.

Still, I wish his project well... particularly if he is a Rush fan :-)

-Ken
December 23, 2019 10:00PM
Kitz Wrote:
> From reading the thread on TNet, my impression is
> that the guy isn't a scammer but probably is very
> over-optimistic

When it comes to claims (of various md'ing tools and story-legends) on Tnet, I would venture to say that NONE of them are "scammers" (ie.: Intentionally lying). I have no doubt they are quite sincere. And believe what they are touting. Nor are those joining in with "atteboys" going to be guilty of anything less than utter sincerity . Who doesn't want a better mousetrap after all ? I can think of several machines that got discussed over the decades there (it is one of the very old forums), that either never got off the ground, or that: They came to fruition, but were .... in retrospect .... ho-hum whistles and bells differences. Yet no one was "scamming".

The only way this guy could be scamming, is if he asked his testers (which he went to great lengths to conscript) to pony up $$ ahead of time. Like if they were asked to put down a deposit, and so ... he skips-town-with lots of $$ and no machine ever existed. But I don't suspect that here. I suspect , like decades of history show in other examples .... that he is quite sincere.

There has been no shortage of makers and dealers who "think they're on to something new". And are quite sincere. Yet .... when it's analyzed once it's in the market place, it doesn't have practical application to do what they thought . Eg.: go deeper, tell aluminum apart from gold, show shape, etc... And they are very careful with their words, during the claim stages, so it's always some mysterious. Eg.: "hush hush" and "you won't believe what you'll see" sort of hype. So the speculation runs wild. With scores of eager buyers, who get giddy at the thought of something new. And at no point during the daisy-chain, is anyone less than 100% sincere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2019 10:01PM by Tom_in_CA.
December 23, 2019 10:10PM
Actually, I now suspect that he is trying to “crowdsource” a metal detecting application for the phased array stuff he has been working on for a while. He has a website and if you go to the website you will see a sort of placeholder

[avitechtechnologies.com]

If you go to Linkdin and look the company up, you find the CEO.

[www.linkedin.com]

This may be a start up looking to find applications for their radar technology in the Ground Penetrating radar field - and maybe he is looking for a bunch of detectorists to educate them on what such a device would need to do in order to find an application in the world of metal detecting.

Interesting, but the odds of an actual product emerging quickly and at an affordable price seem pretty long to me. I would like to be pleasantly surprised however.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 23, 2019 10:43PM
It's not inconceivable that with the right frequency, some degree of ground penetration is possible. It's often stated that above about 1 GHz, the water in the ground absorbs too much signal, and it's obviously going to be particularly bad at 2.4 Ghz, microwave oven frequency. But there are small 'windows' where radio signals will pass through the air to an extent, at millimetric wavelengths, freqs of 30 GHz - 1000 GHz. It's possible that soil/sand may be transparent enough at the appropriate frequency to make a useful detector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 09:56PM by Pimento.
December 23, 2019 10:43PM
Just to make myself clear I just posted what I saw on TNET.... I figured it was just a multi freq machine....I have no idea who the guy is or anything about the detector. I asked a person I trust if it was true and they said it was and I will take their word for it. Could they be wrong ? YES.....

Is it to far fetched a guy could produce a detector?
December 23, 2019 11:45PM
Who ever Cygnus-1x is he does know he can discuss his detector here and make believers out of us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2019 05:19AM by u2robert.
December 24, 2019 02:38AM
Perhaps something will come of the Cygnus-1x. Based on what I've read there are four design engineers working on the project. On the other hand, the way it is being described one might think it was a combination pizza with everything on it, not a detector. Apparently, a goal is for it to "identify individual metals" and in some way incorporate something like GPR to determine target size/shape, yet be light and inexpensive. Add on top of this, it is supposed to include a slew of bells/whistles gleaned from a wishlist submitted by detectorists. And the whole working enchilada is supposed to be operationally tested by about March. Maybe. I dunno, seems R&D for a new detector design, one supposedly that identifies metal composition in the ground, would take more than a couple more months to perfect. There is probably a good reason radical detector designs aren't known to pop up overnight like mushrooms. Something about the devil being in the details.
December 24, 2019 03:05AM
The guy’s Linkdin page says he is the CEO of a company and a guy in NC is the owner. The NC company sells cable TV boxes or something similar.

The Roberts guy’s Linkdin listing - where serious folks list their academic and professional qualifications - in his case show he was some kind of consultant to the Chief Information Officer at the FAA (unless I read it wrong) and an amateur radio license.

Hardly the stuff I would expect from someone who commands the advanced science of microwave or higher frequency physics.

On the other hand, perhaps he is just modest or wants to maintain a low profile to keep competitors off the trail.

We will see soon enough.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 24, 2019 12:59PM
I wonder if they in some way could use colors to ID various metals and shapes?
December 24, 2019 03:31PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> The guy’s Linkdin page says he is the CEO of a com
> pany and a guy in NC is the owner. The NC company
> sells cable TV boxes or something similar.
>
> The Roberts guy’s Linkdin listing - where serious
> folks list their academic and professional qualifi
> cations - in his case show he was some kind of con
> sultant to the Chief Information Officer at the FA
> A (unless I read it wrong) and an amateur radio li
> cense.
>
> Hardly the stuff I would expect from someone who c
> ommands the advanced science of microwave or highe
> r frequency physics.
>
> On the other hand, perhaps he is just modest or wa
> nts to maintain a low profile to keep competitors
> off the trail.
>
> We will see soon enough.

Thanks Rick!!

I will be one of those "Wait and see" kind of people!
December 24, 2019 04:47PM
gary in the uk would be able to test it and show if its any good to us
December 25, 2019 06:27PM
If it doesn't pan out, at least he is helping all the up north winter folks get thru those nasty cabin fever days of winter.smileys with beer
December 27, 2019 02:43AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Its over OLE WOODY'S head...… Please read this bel
> ow WOODY..
>
> "Everyone is entitled to his own opinions", means
> that everyone has the right to his or her own view
> point. "But not his own facts", means that facts a
> re based on the actual sequence of events or actio
> ns that happened, and no one has the right to twis
> t or skew the reporting of that event to make it f
> it their view point.
>
> ALL DETECTORS ARE GOOD....eye rolling smiley

Hope you had a great Christmas Calabash!
January 05, 2020 05:59PM
Reviewed this thread today. No new info. Unit is being tested it seems various parts of country. Even did a review of entire forum looking for any other post by the op of this thread op may have posted so as not to miss anything. No other new data.
[www.treasurenet.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 06:03PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 05, 2020 08:16PM
Perhaps the notion of creating a new platform based on revolutionary untested principles of physics within the framework of a mass-produced handheld detector that will provide every possible solicited wiz-bang gadgetry desired at an exceedingly affordable price point, which also works as advertised . . . and will be ready for production in less than a year . . . is a fantasy somewhere between the claims of LRL enthusiasts and the illusions for switching the energy grid to 100% sustainable green energy.

In my opinion, if chucking money in the direction of an advanced detector somehow magically overcame entropy and organize multiple levels of chaos into an ordered and working machine that exceeds everyone's expectations, then it would have already been done and accomplished everywhere all the time. Tom would have already done it! That methodology would be the common practice in solving problems around the world. Unfortunately, pushing technology to the limit is incrementally painstaking, fraught with difficulties, costly, and time-consuming. But, I could be wrong. Perhaps, the dream of circumventing binding laws, like geneticist Goldschmidt's "hopeful monster," can be a reality? A macroevolutionary design will spring forth, like a T-Rex from a chicken egg? A detector with 3D imaging and metallic target identification that features depth measured in feet, plus anything else you wish upon a star for . . . all for the price of an ACE 250, is but a few months away from being released. I'll take a couple, please.

It is curious though, the detector name "Cygnus" originally comes from Greek mythology. In Greek lore, the king of the Liguria (in northern Italy) committed suicide by leaping into the Eridanos river and was changed instantly into a beautiful swan. A metaphor perhaps for the hope of invoking rapid transformative change that otherwise would require the god Apollon's assistance to pull off. Is it that elusive "hopeful monster," that nature knows nothing of because it defies logic? A mythological swan of a detector popping into existence from a chicken's egg? Only time will tell fact from fiction. But so many others, all brilliant in their own right, have tried and failed to push detector technology forward in a quantum leap. All that remains of their corpses are weathered bones, strewn along that dark and narrow road that leads to the light of technological progress.

-Johnnyanglo
January 05, 2020 09:53PM
I find it slightly disturbing that this unknown company that is supposedly creating this revolutionary detector seems to be sucking in its "testers" as "distributors" and taking their money for the privilege. Now maybe I'm reading things wrong thats the impression I am getting from the more vocal proponents aka "soon to be testers"

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

January 07, 2020 01:51AM
Will be released awful close the 4/1/2020, April Fools Day!

g
January 07, 2020 11:42AM
Someones got to do it .... FIRST. Often times at a real financial loss to them. After that, thats where the fun starts if it works. I dont see the money being made on the first gen..... they have to have the financial ability and long term vision/goal. As other companies seek to cash in on your idea.... brain storming begins and furthers your thinking.
January 07, 2020 09:53PM
silverfiend Wrote:
> I find it slightly disturbing that this unknown co
> mpany that is supposedly creating this revolutiona
> ry detector seems to be sucking in its "testers" a
> s "distributors" and taking their money for the pr
> ivilege. Now maybe I'm reading things wrong thats
> the impression I am getting from the more vocal pr
> oponents aka "soon to be testers"

I was thinking the same thing. Making wild claims about what it will do before they even have one in hand.
January 09, 2020 09:58PM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
> Perhaps the notion of creating a new platform base
> d on revolutionary untested principles of physics
> within the framework of a mass-produced handheld d
> etector that will provide every possible solicited
> wiz-bang gadgetry desired at an exceedingly afford
> able price point, which also works as advertised .
> . . and will be ready for production in less than
> a year . . . is a fantasy somewhere between the cl
> aims of LRL enthusiasts and the illusions for swit
> ching the energy grid to 100% sustainable green en
> ergy.
>
> In my opinion, if chucking money in the direction
> of an advanced detector somehow magically overcame
> entropy and organize multiple levels of chaos into
> an ordered and working machine that exceeds everyo
> ne's expectations, then it would have already been
> done and accomplished everywhere all the time. Tom
> would have already done it! That methodology would
> be the common practice in solving problems around
> the world. Unfortunately, pushing technology to th
> e limit is incrementally painstaking, fraught with
> difficulties, costly, and time-consuming. But, I c
> ould be wrong. Perhaps, the dream of circumventing
> binding laws, like geneticist Goldschmidt's "hopef
> ul monster," can be a reality? A macroevolutionary
> design will spring forth, like a T-Rex from a chic
> ken egg? A detector with 3D imaging and metallic
> target identification that features depth measured
> in feet, plus anything else you wish upon a star f
> or . . . all for the price of an ACE 250, is but a
> few months away from being released. I'll take a c
> ouple, please.
>
> It is curious though, the detector name "Cygnus
>
" originally comes from Greek mythology. In Gr
> eek lore, the king of the Liguria (in northern Ita
> ly) committed suicide by leaping into the Eridanos
> river and was changed instantly into a beautiful s
> wan. A metaphor perhaps for the hope of invoking r
> apid transformative change that otherwise would re
> quire the god Apollon's assistance to pull off. Is
> it that elusive "hopeful monster," that nature kno
> ws nothing of because it defies logic? A mythologi
> cal swan of a detector popping into existence from
> a chicken's egg? Only time will tell fact from fic
> tion. But so many others, all brilliant in their o
> wn right, have tried and failed to push detector t
> echnology forward in a quantum leap. All that rema
> ins of their corpses are weathered bones, strewn a
> long that dark and narrow road that leads to the l
> ight of technological progress.
>
> -Johnnyanglo

I just love this post. Poetic really. I bow in your direction Johnny thumbs down
January 09, 2020 11:11PM
Yeah, it takes new blood to break away from the same old, same old that has plagued the MD industry for the past few decades. The industry is stuck in a rut. I know nothing about this one, don't feel like reading pages and pages. Can someone tell me is this one supposed to be able to see through cast iron, ignore aluminum and lead, and still hit gold? That's what I am working on--The Contraption. I wish I had the marketing expertise to do a crowd funding. But I don't so I will work on it alone until I hit enough treasure. i know, make these kind of claims and people think you are nuts. Everybody so stuck in their old ways, can't see the light of day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 12:04AM by Contraption.
January 13, 2020 03:50PM
Only further activity on thread by Op is a response about becoming a dealer to a member. Took place Jan 11, 2020. Will continue to monitor thread and op on Tnet.
[www.treasurenet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 03:52PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 14, 2020 01:08PM
anyway goood luck if they have breakthru idea on a better reliable TID
January 14, 2020 01:59PM
"Ideas" and "Visions" are easy to create.

It's the physics part that can be a bit tricky to overcome.