Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got a G2 for my son

Posted by deadlift 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got a G2 for my son
January 14, 2020 04:32PM
My 7yr olds been getting more into detecting w/me as Im starting back into it. Picked up an original G2 as a lightweight/simple detector for him to beat around with, and I have to say- as many may already know this.... but what a little gem of a detector! Smooth, sure of itself w/stable ID, deeper than I expected for a quiet 19khz unit, minimal (audible) EMI in an area every detector Ive used has had trouble. Just a pleasant detector to run.

My son just turned 7 on christmas, but is pretty with it. We went to a new site saturday that ended up having alot more earlier nails mixed in than expected- not the best learning enviroment...He did well picking out coins, with his 1st "relic" being a folded up harmonica read in a hole w/a ton of nails. The G2 really made alot of this possible I feel- with its simple yet smooth audio and stable ID. If anyone has anyone looking to start detecting- Id encourage them to at least give these underappreciated machines a look.
Re: Got a G2 for my son
January 14, 2020 05:18PM
Great detector, light weight and very accurate ID, good choice for a young man.
January 14, 2020 05:40PM
I had its twin cousin the Gold Bug Pro and loved it. Excellent coin/relic detector. I wish I hadn't sold it.

G2, GBP and F-19 are high performance machines suitable for serious detecting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2020 10:03PM by Badger in NH.
January 15, 2020 12:42AM
Agreed; I had a Gold Bug Pro, and then its cousin, the F19. NICE machine, with all of the attributes that others have mentioned (and I concur).

Steve