Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Metal detector and flying question............

Posted by James/Texas 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Metal detector and flying question............
February 06, 2020 04:25PM
It has been over 15 years since I have flown on commercial aircraft. I will be flying from South Texas to Seattle, WA. in June and will have a layover in Dallas. I want to take my Deus if possible. I will have carry on only. I will not check my luggage. I have no idea of what the rules/laws for metal detectors on planes are and certainly have no idea about the non-removable batteries in the detector, I want to take my MI-6 and my MI-4's with me. I do not know anyone in or around Seattle that could loan me a detector. I really do not want to rent one, but if that is the only way to go, I will try that route. I need some recommendations/advice, please.
Re: Metal detector and flying question............
February 06, 2020 05:23PM
I fly with my Deus and GPX at least twice a year, no problems yet with parts of the Deus and the GPX battery in carry on.
February 06, 2020 06:00PM
I flew last summer with mine. I took the batteries out of my F 75 and put them in my checked luggage and carried the detector onto the plane. It hardly got a second glance going through security. HH jim tn
February 06, 2020 07:57PM
My advice is to do google search for your carrier and lithium batteries restrictions.
Here is example showing delta airlines policy.
[www.delta.com]

Related thread I did on this matter not that long ago,
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2020 08:00PM by tnsharpshooter.