Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ATTN: CALABASH!!!!!!!

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ATTN: CALABASH!!!!!!!
February 09, 2020 05:07PM
Cal-----Ur gittin ursef challenged over there on Findmall by the famous (or is it in-famous) Kemper!----Don't shoot me--I'm just the messenger. ha ha
Re: ATTN: CALABASH!!!!!!!
February 09, 2020 07:57PM
My money is on Kemper
February 09, 2020 09:20PM
He (Kemper) also has a thread started bashing this forum and FMDF, but it looks to have been taken down.

EDIT: I was wrong, the post is still up, but is still bashing other forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 12:17AM by SeabeeRon.
February 09, 2020 09:29PM
Kemper Fi. Lol
February 09, 2020 10:15PM
You have to admit, nobody has showed so much Persistence on so many forms.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 10, 2020 12:06AM
Link?
February 10, 2020 12:27AM
[www.findmall.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 10, 2020 01:12AM
That's to funny!
February 10, 2020 01:50PM
I saw ole kempers post on the so called $ 1500 dollar coin...….one of yhall should ask him what he thinks about these that I SOLD for $ 14,000 bucks! Found with the Deus....
February 10, 2020 01:59PM
You sold the cuff link ?! NO !!!!

That was a sweet find.
February 10, 2020 02:29PM
I had to fund my hobby....I know there are different thoughts on selling relics ….. I made my mind up that my finds are gonna support my hobby. So when I need gear I am going to the cases and get some stuff together to sell..To me that makes more sense than to keep pumping money from my household account.

BTW This scuba diving adventure is up close to $7000,00 worth of gear......
February 10, 2020 02:45PM
I do the same thing calabash. Gold and silver jewelry, silver coins, key or semi key date coins, all get sold every year or two. None of my heirs need it or have an interest in having it. HH jim tn
February 10, 2020 02:54PM
That's what I decided too. Some people think it's taboo to sell stuff. But in the end when we're gone, all this will just be "junk" to the ones we left behind. It was neat having a room I could walk into and look at relics, but 99% of the people that I showed stuff to, I had to explain what the stuff was...they have no clue as the historical context or monetary value. I figured I could sell it and use the funds to pursue other things I enjoy. The fun is in finding it, not hoarding it.

Nice finds BTW!!
February 10, 2020 03:17PM
Calabash Digger, Jim tn and Daniel TN, thanks for posting that. I've felt guilty for selling finds in the past, but I feel better now knowing that I'm not the only one to do it. Like you, I've used the money to offset my costs of the hobby, and to fund other interests. When I'm gone, it would have wound up in the trash I'm sure as I'm the only one that's been interested, and enjoyed, the finding of them. I will continue to sell off the good stuff, and put the everyday finds back into circulation...
February 10, 2020 03:46PM
I'm the fool. I haven't sold one old coin. They just sit there in bags, cases and coin holders. I don't talk about detecting anymore either, nobody in the family cares or is interested. If I show them an old coin, they say "oooh nice"...then change the subject....I get no respect. drinking smiley
February 10, 2020 04:41PM
I personally don't sell my old coins; I enjoy collecting them, and besides, I'm all about having some "real money" around, just in case winking smiley Though, I'm sure once I'm gone, my daughter will inherit them and couldn't care less... LOL!

But, any gold rings or whatever, I'll sell those. I have no attachment to jewelry.

Civil War relics are another thing; I don't get to hunt CW stuff much, but when I do, I keep what I find. I love the history associated with it. If I found something of particular value, I'd be willing to donate it to a museum (IF I thought they'd actually display it, so others could enjoy it), but I'm not sure I could sell anything CW-related.

BUT, that's just me; I see nothing wrong with someone selling things they find; the only issue I'd ever have with it is if someone was SO focused on cashing in finds, that they breached ethics as a result (like those guys we've all heard about who were going around at night pillaging national battlefields, etc., so as to profit from their digs...) Otherwise, why SHOULDN'T you be entitled to sell what you dig, if you want to?

Just my two cents...

Steve
February 10, 2020 07:57PM
I hear ya Calabash about scuba equipment. That's a hobby in itself.

Whether one keeps or sell finds is no matter to me.

I just thought that cuff link was such a cool find regardless, and remembered watching the video of you finding it (if my memory serves me right !).
February 10, 2020 08:33PM
I haven't sold any of my finds. I put most of them in a safety deposit box at the bank. I figure gold and silver are better investments than paper money.

tabman
February 10, 2020 11:24PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm the fool. I haven't sold one old coin. They ju
> st sit there in bags, cases and coin holders. I do
> n't talk about detecting anymore either, nobody in
> the family cares or is interested. If I show them
> an old coin, they say "oooh nice"...then change th
> e subject....I get no respect. drinking smiley

I respect you Ozzie.
February 11, 2020 12:07AM
I sell everything. This is hobby money. I plan on entitlements in my retirement.
February 11, 2020 02:02AM
It's your money spend it as you see fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 07:47PM by u2robert.
February 11, 2020 02:25AM
That's something to think about all right!----It's just that both myself & my wife are sooo tight (uh, I mean frugal).-----We sold silver finds a couple of times---kept about everything else.---We cash in our clad finds once a year & split that moola.----The valuable finds just go in the safety box & set there. smiling smiley-----Gotta figure out a different plan I guess--I'll be 81 Feb. 15th.-------Del----u2robert Wrote:
> You can't take it with you.
> The people that you leave it to probably don't giv
> e a rats @ss.
> Spend it and enjoy it while you can.
> Life is to short to let your $ sit for other peopl
> e to blow once your dead.
> Do the things you always wanted to before your cra
> pping & drooling yourself in a nursing home
> wishing you had.
> .
February 11, 2020 06:31AM
Go for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 07:48PM by u2robert.
February 11, 2020 08:36AM
u2robert Wrote:
> You can't take it with you.
> The people that you leave it to probably don't giv
> e a rats @ss.
> Spend it and enjoy it while you can.
> Life is to short to let your $ sit for other peopl
> e to blow once your dead.
> Do the things you always wanted to before your cra
> pping & drooling yourself in a nursing home
> wishing you had.
> .
Holy crap! I'm depressed
February 11, 2020 08:49AM
Thanks TNSS !! Nothing like a good sense of humor.....especially with all this old man talk.....
February 11, 2020 03:05PM
I used to hoard everything I found....second wife cleaned me out and I had to start over after that. Started hoarding again and just realized I'm getting old, damn it!! So, I sell or give away as I find it now days. My kids wouldn't have a clue about what to do with the stuff anyway. I enjoy the challenge and the thrill of the find, I never got into the hobby to make money, I did it because I love hunting.
February 11, 2020 04:41PM
I'm a pirate.

HH
Mike
February 11, 2020 05:27PM
Mike Hillis, Does that mean that you rebury all the treasures that you find?
February 11, 2020 07:07PM
If that's what it means I want to find out where he has been hunting!----Ole Mike finds PLENTY of good stuff. smiling smileylaserfeller Wrote:
> Mike Hillis, Does that mean that you rebury all th
> e treasures that you find?
February 12, 2020 11:47AM
Looks like big K lost. Banned troll status now over there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2020 12:10PM by tnsharpshooter.