Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Freight in the U.S.

Posted by pinpointa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Freight in the U.S.
February 09, 2020 08:37PM
Hi Guys,

I am looking at buying an article from Connecticut . It has to go to Oregan to Shopmate for postage to Australia as the postage there is Australian Dollars. What i would like to know would it be sent to Oregan using ups. Does the postage very on distance or the weight and size of the article.

Regards Pinpointa.
Re: Freight in the U.S.
February 09, 2020 10:00PM
A package could be shipped from Connecticut to Oregon by UPS, USPS postal service, or FedEx. Shipping costs are determined by weight and measurements of the box and distance that it has to travel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2020 10:03PM by SkiWhiz.
February 09, 2020 10:44PM
Thanks SkiWhiz, for your prompt reply

Regards Pinpointa
February 10, 2020 12:33AM
Won't be cheap shipping to Oz. Never have it send by ground (sea mail), may get there in 3 months. Always have it shipped by Air.

You can get an idea here [postcalc.usps.com]

and converting US to Aussie $ [www.xe.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 11, 2020 12:48PM
"Freight" or 'Shipping' costs one reason I quit Flea-Bay

Got quite the few "shocks" at the Post Office...

Another time I chose a recognised 'overnite shipper' Paid the 40 bucks expecting an extremely satisfied 'Equinox' owner calling the next day to say how happy he was!
Turned into 5 days and not 'a happy camper', and to top it all off, PayPal held the Payment for a further 22 days!!!
That prevented my acquiring 2 other detectors I wanted to buy as the Funds were 'tied up'...

When it comes to Freight...Buyer Beware!
February 11, 2020 02:39PM
If you have the dimensions and weight of the package and the origin and destination, the FedEx or UPS websites will quote you a ground shipping cost.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold