Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Digger Deeper with the DFX

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Digger Deeper with the DFX
February 10, 2020 02:32AM
Any body have a used DFX book they would sell, I need to understand the DFX if I am going to keep it. Anybody have any help of anything. Thanks Dean
Re: Digger Deeper with the DFX
February 10, 2020 03:15AM
Flintstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any body have a used DFX book they would sell, I n
> eed to understand the DFX if I am going to keep it
> . Anybody have any help of anything. Thanks Dean

Here’s the help I’ll give.
If you are after more than shallower jewelry (which seems according to users) DFX is good at, otherwise ditch the unit. Don’t waste $$$ on a book. Even if the detector is running per se peak setting wise for conditions it comes up short depth wise.

Good luck.

PS:
Wonder where the book Digging deeper with Equinox is?
Or book digging deeper with Deus is?
Or book digging deeper with Etrac is?
Or book digging deeper with CTX is?

Does make one wonder don’t it?
About the DFX that is.
Maybe Dino and DFX are cousins, reckon?
Maybe not the humor some folks enjoy, oh well.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 03:26AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 10, 2020 03:45AM
Flintstone Wrote:
> Any body have a used DFX book they would sell, I n
> eed to understand the DFX if I am going to keep it
> . Anybody have any help of anything. Thanks Dean

My DFX settings are on here somewhere when I tangled with Calabash, He used them but he left one of the settings out, tone ID, and he swung the coil too slow. If you put my settings in correctly and use a normal swing speed it will get 8 inches on a target. It's not a depth demon but it is very good at picking good targets out of trash. Watch my DFX video on the coin spader channel on youtube, I was using the settings I gave Calabash. I'm not a relic hunter I'm a park hunter and the DFX worked well for me.
February 10, 2020 03:46AM
TNSS you are aware that all of those detectors have multiple books written on getting the most out of em? They may not be the same title as the DFX book but are the same basis....covering a breakdown of what each setting does and some programs and tips. Andy has one for the Equinox, Deus, eTrax and CTX. Clive has several for them as well, including at least 3 for the Equinox and a couple for the CTX. Gary Drayton has several for the Excalibur and CTX too.
February 10, 2020 03:55AM
Wonder how At Pro and DFX compare depth wise??
DFX cost a pretty penny when released.
For what it cost it seems to be one of the least mentioned (talked about) models on this forum.
There has to be a good reason or bad reason depending on how you look at it.

I am aware of many of the books done for the different models of detectors.

Flintstone.
Even though findmall forum deleted white’s DFX Classroom sub forum, One could still pull up stuff via google searches. But since they have went with the new software on their forum google searches now yield zip. I just tried and zip.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 04:01AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 10, 2020 04:04AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Wonder how At Pro and DFX compare depth wise??
> DFX cost a pretty penny when released.
> For what it cost it seems to be one of the least m
> entioned (talked about) models on this forum.
> There has to be a good reason or bad reason depend
> ing on how you look at it.
>
> I am aware of many of the books done for the diffe
> rent models of detectors.
>
> Flintstone.
> Even though findmall forum deleted white’s DFX Cla
> ssroom sub forum, One could still pull up stuff vi
> a google searches. But since they have went with
> the new software on their forum google searches no
> w yield zip. I just tried and zip.
DFX and AT pro are pretty close depth wise but the DFX ID's better.
February 10, 2020 01:29PM
AT PRO is deeper in my soil.....DFX sorriest detector for a high dollar detector I have ever put my hands on...There is no such thing as digging deeper with the DFX.....8 inches done and that is pushing it ! ACE 400 IS as deep or deeper.
menu stinks
tones are horrible
depth is lacking
etc....
Is this day and age why would anyone WASTE their time on such a sorry detector? Flintstone unless your just bored you need to put that thing on Fleee bay...

I hear all its a good jewelry hunter and just chuckle.... they found some jewelry because they were chasing all that shallow trash at the park.....thumbs up
February 10, 2020 10:44PM
Yes but do you like it Calabash????????? Yee Haw!!
February 10, 2020 11:32PM
We have seen your effort not long ago with the DFX o my god what a performance. Its not a detector that you just pick up and think you know it its horses for courses. One setting stuff up and its all over red rover. The same with the Whites v3i which i have had since 2009.

There is some many combinations of settings to get the same result. I am going on 82 still detecting and have sold and used all brands of detectors since 1977.

Its knowing your detector inside and out the main thing with the DFX & V3I is its ability to be able to find jewellery and by using polar plot with a graph you can see the silver foil as a totally different pattern to gold.Another good example is our Australian $1 & $2 coins & aluminium screw caps you can set it a few different ways to give you the edge to be able to tell the coins from the caps.Try doing this with the Equinox Minelab really stuffed up by the range of vdi they have which are to close toghether Especially our brown 1 cent pieces which fall in with our goldies. Again one backward flip by Minelab

There has been alot of Whites detectors change hands and it all comes down to putting the time in to learn the detector . Some people just have not got the staying ability to be able to learn how to program the detector to there liking. But once its done and saved its only a few changes to settings to suit the changed area you are detecting.
February 11, 2020 10:02AM
Pinpointa, always wondered about the DFX and the V3i especially the V3i.
I thought if someone really learned the ins and outs of those units, they'd have a unique weapon in their hands. Is that true or am I just fantasizing?

Sometimes I wish I had the patience to learn a unit such as those.....won't happen.....born on the simple side.confused smiley
cjc
February 11, 2020 12:44PM
I have one copy of "DFX Gold Methods"
Kind Regards
clive
clivesgoldpage.com
February 11, 2020 05:49PM
Don't listen to the naysayers, Dean.

You have in your hand the ability to learn how metal detectors work. That knowledge and understanding will carry over into any other detector you will ever own. Put in the time on the DFX and you will be a better detectorist because of it.

HH
Mike
February 11, 2020 06:01PM
I keep looking in usual and unusual places for a used DFX - not just any used one, mind you, but an ad for a used one for about $300 - and which includes that funny looking long skinny coil....

The Bigfoot coils for the DFX and V3i regularly bring $500 on ebay..

Not lucky so far, but I keep trying.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 11, 2020 06:26PM
Good luck with Rick,
I've been watching for a good deal on a Bigfoot coil myself. Everyone in a decade a sale of a lifetime comes up and I'm usually a dollar short and a day late.

HH
Mike
February 11, 2020 06:56PM
Hey Rick & Mike-----I'd just luv, luv, luv to have a bigfoot type coil for my F-19!----How about you Mike?---You got a gb don't you?--------Del
February 11, 2020 09:14PM
I’ve got two “bigfeet” for the older whites machines - they typically go for about $200. Works great with an IDX pro with the GB mod - you need that because the conductivity scale gets screwed up unless you adjust the GB to suit the BF coil.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 11, 2020 09:21PM
Those who haven’t read the book ... I highly suggest you do before you knock it’s contents. Foster goes into depth about each setting, and there is a wealth of information applicable to any detector. Jeff used to have an on line forum. Don’t under value this machine Dave Z was dang good with it
February 12, 2020 02:25AM
Hi All, I don't mind anyone putting down a detector if they know the detector. Some people get a detector and a week want to sell it because they didn't find a gold ring or silver dollar. I have never used a DFX but I am not going to throw it away because someone said it was not deep, I will find out for my self. If it is not deep it might still be good for rings In school yards, ball fields. And if it is not I will sell it, but I will not say it is not a good detector. I have 7 detectors, some are better than others, but all are good detectors for what I use it for. I will give it my best shot, I have always wanted to try one, now I have the time and detector, I might like it. I have a MXT with all the coils that will fit the DFX. I love my MXT, I have a lot of rings and silver I have got with it. If anyone runs across the book I need, or any other info that I can use, please let me know. Thanks Dean
February 12, 2020 02:28PM
Hey Del, I'd love to have a bigfoot or cleansweep type coil for my F75 or Impact. but...in today;s world if you want anything different from the mainstream you have to build it yourself.

HH
Mike