Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab vanquish frequency

Posted by Woodbutcher 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab vanquish frequency
February 14, 2020 09:57PM
Has anyone tested the frequency with a oscilloscope on the vanquish? If so what frequencies are being used?
Re: Minelab vanquish frequency
February 14, 2020 10:17PM
It appears to be fixed in 'Equinox Beach' mode, that is: 7.8 kHz, 13 kHz, 18.2 kHz and 39 kHz simultaneously. The various operating modes vary such things as recovery speed, and probably other parameters like iron bias, discrimination. And it's not possible to tell what emphasis is placed on the 4 frequencies.
February 14, 2020 10:20PM
Been translating a Russian website and they say 7.8 kHz / 13 kHz / 18.2 kHz / 39 kHz. Lots of tests in the comments section.

[translate.google.com]
February 15, 2020 12:43AM
Having it fixed in Beach Mode must limit its land performance a bit. Not a bad trade-off though.
February 15, 2020 05:46PM
Back in the land of VFLEX, the 'X-Terra's', I found it helped at times to operate in 'Beach Ground Balance' in grass pasture fields as it really helped [ clarify ] dubious ferrous signals and also for a Yes / No response.
In other words, if iron was very wet and the 'magnetic effect' low, then it [ wouldn't see it (no signal) ] whereby checking with a different GB e.g. Normal Coins Mode, it would Sound off.

Years later, I saw a similar thing on the "Racer 2", it helped to work in Beach GB to downplay falsing from cattle urine / other nasty deposits which unsettled machines!

If "Vanquish" is [ capable of doing the same ] then I've another reason to like it! (still don't have one No Stock available in the UK)
February 15, 2020 06:05PM
Thanks for the info. I have the 540 and the 440 ,I wanted to do a little comparison between the two seeming they use different sized coils.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2020 06:06PM by Woodbutcher.
February 15, 2020 06:16PM
All Vanquish Modes are good for the wet-salt beach.
February 16, 2020 05:58PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Having it fixed in Beach Mode must limit its land
> performance a bit. Not a bad trade-off though.

Yes, there [ could be ] a trade-off when it comes to how it 'Ground Balances' - is it in 'Normal ground balance or Beach ground balance?

If in Beach GB, then this operates very differently to Normal GB (it has to be as I've heard it is extremely stable in the salt and a few videos prove this too)

Typically, GB from the "VFLEX" system had around 90 steps 0-90. However, in "Beach GB", its range of adjustment is three times wider than Normal GB.
What's important is, the [ region of adjustment ] is quite different between the two types and there could be a few consequences here.

1. Low-conductivity targets such as small / thin rings & chains will be harder to detect.
2. Ferrous targets and some very low-conductive targets might give 'double-beeps'
3. High-conductive targets (quarters, dimes etc) may be detected deeper
4. Bumping the coil might cause 'some falsing?'
5. Pin point may be different in 'Beach GB?' But yet again, I read one guy said "pinpointing was dead on", (but I don't remember if he was on land or beach?