Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Vanquish video

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Vanquish video
March 09, 2020 02:24PM
I just put up a new video using the Vanquish on my youtube channel "coin spader" if anyone is interested. I would put up a link to it but I can't get it to work for some reason.
Re: New Vanquish video
March 09, 2020 10:24PM
Thanks for the video. I like seeing the "Van" in action!

But jeez...you scared me with those holes!!!
Ain't no need to cut out such BIG plugs!!!

Get back to what we used do in the '70's...
March 09, 2020 11:08PM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the video. I like seeing the "Van" in a
> ction!
>
> But jeez...you scared me with those holes!!!
> Ain't no need to cut out such BIG plugs!!!
>
> Get back to what we used do in the '70's...
I know the park manager real well, he is a friend of mine. I have been detecting their for about 5 yrs, he just tells me to fill my divots. Actually after about a week to ten days you can't tell where anybody has dug, we get a good mix of rain and sun here in Pennsylvania. If I were in a different park or on private property I would be using my hand digger and a towel.
March 10, 2020 01:49AM
Awesome digs and yes the temporary vanishing coin until the pin pointer is applied
March 10, 2020 02:35AM
Very informative video and nice finds. Wish you would have shown some of the targets that you said you were fooled by iron. But on the other hand, if you hadn't dug that large iron bolt you wouldn't have found the buffalo nickel.
March 10, 2020 11:22PM
Few summers back, during a Field Test Review that I was compiling, I went to a local park and used that '70's style "coin shooting recovery", technique using a long thin screwdriver and a wide blade prise up paint tin opener!
It worked well!
The deepest targets were trash at the 6" mark and were a tad difficult to prise up without breaking the grass top level. Broken glass bottle necks with screwcaps on were good examples.
But small coins were a breeze to pull up.

When I was detecting in Pittsburgh in the 1980's, you'd be afraid of your life to even think about taking [ a spade ] or an above average large digger into almost all areas and sites.
Luckily, "KellyCo" had sent two of their very neat 'Gator' diggers that I used very neatly with a drop cloth!
Years later I used "Outback" menus as a drop sheet and it was a breeze to pour the soil back into the holes!
Unfortunately, customers at 'The Outback' starved for lack of a Menu... Lol...