Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minlab Vanquish

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minlab Vanquish
March 29, 2020 09:23PM
Has anyone got a Vanquish detector yet? I got one about two weeks ago but can't get out with it yet, parks are closed and I don't go out because my wife has bad lungs and if she ever got the virus it would kill her. I was just wanting to see if anyone has used one. I got the 440, it looks nice. flintstone
Re: Minlab Vanquish
March 30, 2020 12:04AM
I got one last year the 540 pro pack model.

ITS DEEP..Relic mode is deepest but found the coin mode to be the best in iron.Fun machine.pretty exact ID.the 5x8 coil is Awesome on it in trash.

It's sort of noisy in iron.not too bad slight learning curve to decipher.iron bias low or high button on 540 not sure if its on the 440?If it is the low setting is good for more depth in soil and unmasking but more noisy too.

Pretty solid unit..the main thing is its deep first and foremost like say a EQ depth.

lot of detector bang for the buck.

Swings good.Feels good no detector shaft wobble etc.

Ought to be great for parks and wet beach's just stay out of the water or risk damage.

unmask very well with the 5x8 coil.

not a bad unit.less settings to tweak for say a little more aggresive hunting like you can with the EQ.For the money its pretty solid considering your getting a Multi freq machine for VLF price.

Good on low conductors too.!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 30, 2020 12:46AM
Got my 540 pro last November...... I only hunt parks / Tot Lots looking for Jewelry..... Keith pretty much sums it up...... goes plenty deep for public parks ....accurate ID numbers at Depth .......pinpoints great......easy to operate.......great value Vs cost.....The best Ergonomics You will find ..... Good luck .....stay safe
March 30, 2020 01:22AM
Flintstone...…. ALL of the Modes are wet-salt beach compatible. . . . IF you beach hunt with it. Jewelry Mode is best for depth/performance on the beach. Coin Mode gives the best separation; yet, is slightly less depth. Most places you hunt...… you should be able to get away with Sens setting on 9. (This is one digit below Max setting). That is...… if EMI is minimal.
March 30, 2020 01:46AM
Thanks All, I am glade we can still get back to talking about detectors. I can't wait to get to use the Vanquish I hunt parks a lot and my soil is not bad, some places the emi get bad I just move away from it. Glad to see Keith back to help. Thanks again all . flintstone