Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Compression Glove Means I Can MD Again

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Compression Glove Means I Can MD Again
June 10, 2020 02:52AM
On my way back from MDing back in early March a very elderly lady ran an intersection in the middle lane hidden from me by turn traffic. I hit her at about 40. I'm a defensive driver and had backed off the gas but no way to avoid hitting her. I saw her looking straight ahead when we hit. My left hand was crunched on the steering wheel by the side curtain air bag. I ride with the seat back just so the column air bag doesn't hit my face. Seen it and it can do some damage to your nose and teeth. Flipped my hat off though! 8000.00 in air bags went off in my truck and they totaled a low mileage 2015 Tundra. She was at fault so I have a new truck but it comes with payments even after settlement with insurance. Trucks have gone up a bunch in 5 years.
I have been unable to grasp a shovel enough to dig so hunting has been out up until this past week when I decided to try a compression glove. Smarted a little when I first put it on but it gave me a good grip and I was able to get a short hunt in. Paid off with a 14k cross and 925 girls ring. Hand was sore from the hunt but not so bad that I won't try it again.
Now if my stolen MDT 8000 (serial #23) would just turn back up I would not have to swing this brick called E Trac.
Then March 20th my wife fell and broke her leg (Tibia) and required 3 screws, cement and a plate. I have been in quarantine with her but good news is she is back on her feet and able to get around herself. She was able to go back to work Monday so I can get out for short hunts now. " I'm back baby!"
Re: Compression Glove Means I Can MD Again
June 10, 2020 08:42AM
Run of unforeseen occurrences there ShovelNose. Good to know it's coming around for the better.smileys with beer
June 10, 2020 09:57AM
Signs of better times ahead SN. Good luck! HH jim tn
June 10, 2020 10:45AM
Welcome back John!!!
Let anew begin!
June 10, 2020 01:34PM
Glad to hear things are trending up for you......sometimes life just gets in the way....gl and hh!!
June 10, 2020 02:30PM
Best wishes for you and wifey---she is a real trooper to have broken a tibia and back to work already.
June 10, 2020 07:00PM
Hopefully you and your wife’s streak of bad luck is over for a long while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2020 02:08AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 11, 2020 12:26AM
glad you are doing better, I use those gloves for arthritis and they help a lot, remember to use them, we guys are to addicted to give up smiling smiley
June 12, 2020 01:57AM
Thanks guys. She was a great patient but I am a terrible nurse! She is a real trooper and never happier than when she is working! Beaches last week on the south part of the Strand had an easy 24" drop and hard pack for a good distance at low tide. The long shore current from south to north along with strong winds had been running for a while and it moved a bunch of replenished sand. Lots of dollars washed out to sea. Things are finally starting to look up after 2 years. Still lots of your favorite trash but also the very corroded coins.